4.2.1 Bug? Podcasts starting in the middle

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Ever since 4.2.1 some of my podcasts start in the middle the first time they are played. It's not every one and I haven't really been able to pin anything down. The example I just came across is "This Week In Google #78". It was downloaded to iTunes yesterday but synced to my iPhone4 today. Today I started to listen and it started at 55 minutes in. I went to iTunes and it started right from the beginning. I definitely didn't accidentally start this podcast as it was just synced to iTunes a little earlier. I had noticed this at least a dozen times since 4.2.1 was release and never before that version. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I have a theory that I haven't had time to test out. I think my iTunes library is corrupt in some way even though I'm not having a problem directly in iTunes. The reason I say this is the fact that this is NOT happening to everyone. Also I have done a CLEAN restore on my iPhone that has not fixed the problem. I do remember having an issue with my iP3g a long time ago that took me many days to fix and eventually was fixed my wiping out my iTunes library and starting from scratch. If anyone has a chance to try this out before me please report back on if it works.

Michele

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same problem......sometimes they even start to play at the end of the podcast. There doesn't seem to be any kind of pattern, or it might be easier to diagnose.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative