Anyone still having proximity issues

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm on 4.2.1 and I'm STILL having issues. Recent stupid ex-girlfriend, honestly thinks I'm hanging up on her because she's technologically stupid.

Pretty sure I need a Genius bar appointment. Just trying to see if it's not just me.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Nope, my issue is that when I reset my iPhone holding down the lock and home buttons it actually RESETS my settings.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Once in awhile I have it but been much better since OS 4.1 and then 4.2.1 came out. When I use the Otterbox Defender, I have absolutely no issues what so ever

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wife still has the problem...it is not as common as it was during 4.0 and 4.1, but its certainly not fixed. Switching them out certainly wont help either, as we BOTH did this and both of the new iPhones continued the issue...

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes I still have the issue. I recently got the phone replaced and while shoulder calling no longer an issue, I see it under this scenario. Get a call, put it on speakerphone. Carry the conversation for a little bit, then put it off speakerphone and place it to your ear. The sensor doesn't kick in. I have to move it away from my head for a little bit and then it will kick in.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've done a restore, and a hard reset. Usually do a hard reset about once a week, just to give a fresh start.

I had it replaced right after 4.1 came out. Idiot didn't want to replace it, after correcting him on a few things, he finally did.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just made a Genius bar appointment. Got one for tonight, which is unheard of here, but pretty awesome. 2 hours until the appt.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I still think it's a positional issue. The complaints weren't nearly as loud when it was in its old location. However that makes me wonder how it worked when someone held the phone to their right side of their head. You'd think it'd be more balanced being straight in the middle.

DJ Hellfire

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I refuse to do a restore since I can't save my saved games progress separately. Some of them took a lot of work.

Your games' progress saves in your backup. I've had my angry birds on 3 different phones now and have never had to start over. Same with Boxed in and all my other games!

Anyway, I still have the issue too. It's a lot better than on 4.0 though! And I still have death grip. Are they replacing phones for death grip?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Your games' progress saves in your backup. I've had my angry birds on 3 different phones now and have never had to start over. Same with Boxed in and all my other games!

Anyway, I still have the issue too. It's a lot better than on 4.0 though! And I still have death grip. Are they replacing phones for death grip?

That's if you restore from your backup. The supposed fix for the proxy sensor bug was restoring as new. In that case you lose everything, most notable game data would also be my biggest loss.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

No, I mean restore a phone and start from scratch. That entails not restoring from backup. As if I have never had an Apple product before.