Verizon iPhone Preordering info

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Web:
Trust me guys (from experience)... you will be able to order the i4 at 12:01 am from the Verizon's or Apple's website Feb 3rd, you will receive your phone ON the 10th, so it will ship a day or two before hand. On some.. I repeat some occasions there may be a chance you would receive it a day or two prior to the 10th.
Store:
If you are going to a store (Apple or Verizon Corp), I recommend Apple(if you have one close enough)..it will be worth it. Apple will feed you and keep you happy while waiting in line, water, pizza, pretzels, a wide variety of drinks.. you name it they probably have done it (again speaking from experience).

Last edited:

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got a notice in the mail that I have a $30.00 credit and that I have to use it before 1-30-11. I was going to use it for the iPhone but I guess not now.

dcsr23#IM

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got a notice in the mail that I have a $30.00 credit and that I have to use it before 1-30-11. I was going to use it for the iPhone but I guess not now.

You may want to call VZW and ask them to extend or add $30 credit to your account. They may be able to help you out if it was some promo offer.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I still don't know why VZ wants to charge us $50 more...Apples site says $599/$699 for the 16/32GB. VZ will probably end up giving a $50 rebate.

I think Verizon tries to deter off contract phone purchases with higher pricing where Apple welcomes it, that's the only conclusion I can come up in my head :confused:

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading that the CDMA chip set cost more and so that cost is being pasted on.

I could agree with this if it was across the board. But the pricing from Apple for the Verizon iPhone shows $599 for 16GB and $699 for 32GB and Verizon FAQ shows $649 for 16GB and $749 for 32GB

This would of course be for the same chipset.

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You may want to call VZW and ask them to extend or add $30 credit to your account. They may be able to help you out if it was some promo offer.

I called and the woman that answered said to me that she made a note in my account. She told me they were doing away with the every 2. But since I am a customer already that I am being grandfathered in so that I will be able to use my credit.She then told me that I will be able to preorder on the 3rd and go into the store to purchase the phone on the 10th.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I called and the woman that answered said to me that she made a note in my account. She told me they were doing away with the every 2. But since I am a customer already that I am being grandfathered in so that I will be able to use my credit.She then told me that I will be able to preorder on the 3rd and go into the store to purchase the phone on the 10th.

If you pre-order on the 3rd online, the device will be shipped to you - no store involved.

If you want to go to the store on the 10th, do not pre-order.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This may be a stupid question, but can you pre-order at Apple.com on February 3rd or is that only on Verizon's website?

crazy4cell

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I still don't know why VZ wants to charge us $50 more...Apples site says $599/$699 for the 16/32GB. VZ will probably end up giving a $50 rebate.

the lessor price at Apple is for the AT&T version of Iphone if I understand it correctly as below that it states still requires a 2 year contract with AT&T.

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Bad news...I just got an email from my corporate rep that they are NOT allowed to make appointments at the store AT ALL for this. She said the iPhone is strictly first come, first serve.

Please... reps are in the selling business. They are making appointments and taking down customer's contact info despite the email. ESPECIALLY if it's a NEW line of service!!

jwiggs23

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
At this point everyone is just speculating, but I've heard people saying that on Feb 3rd pre-orders will only be available for people "upgrading" and not the full-retail buyers. Hope this isn't the case, as I'm buying full retail from Apple.com

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner