Sometimes, when I turn on my iPhone 4, I get one bar w/o any service (no carrier name is present either) or just "no service" in the corner. Other times, service is obtained perfectly fine. How can I fix this problem? I have tried EVERYTHING and am ideally looking for someone with the exact same problem, and has a known way to fix it. I am desperate, and considering selling my phone, that is how bad this problem is.

Thanks in advance
    01-18-2011 01:00 PM
    Sometimes, when I turn on my iPhone 4, I get one bar w/o any service (no carrier name is present either) or just "no service" in the corner. Other times, service is obtained perfectly fine. How can I fix this problem? I have tried EVERYTHING and am ideally looking for someone with the exact same problem, and has a known way to fix it. I am desperate, and considering selling my phone, that is how bad this problem is.

Thanks in advance
    The phone is under warranty. Have Apple give you another. It could be SIM as well
    01-18-2011 01:02 PM
    This is my 3rd iPhone. I know it is not an issue with the phone, because I have read of others having this issue. Nobody seems to be able to help me though.
    01-18-2011 01:05 PM
    This is my 3rd iPhone. I know it is not an issue with the phone, because I have read of others having this issue. Nobody seems to be able to help me though.
    I personally havent heard of it. Me nor my wife has had a issue. If its that common, maybe a search of the forum will come up with something. But if you have not got a new SIM, Id try that
    01-18-2011 01:11 PM
    I had a similar issue when I first got my iP4; went to AT&T and got a new SIM and it worked perfectly. It was free, too--try that instead of scissors.
    01-18-2011 01:39 PM
    I personally havent heard of it. Me nor my wife has had a issue. If its that common, maybe a search of the forum will come up with something. But if you have not got a new SIM, Id try that
    how did you cut your sim? Did you use a sim cutter or siscors. Also, how new is your sim card. Is it new (contact is same size as ATT micro sim) or old (bigger metal contact)
    01-18-2011 01:42 PM
    I had a similar issue when I first got my iP4; went to AT&T and got a new SIM and it worked perfectly. It was free, too--try that instead of scissors.
    I actually used a MicroSIM cutter that cuts it perfectly, so the cutting of the card can't be the problem
    01-18-2011 01:42 PM
    I actually used a MicroSIM cutter that cuts it perfectly, so the cutting of the card can't be the problem
    Well folks are just offering help that you asked for. Go get a new SIM and see if that fixes the problem. You can't assume that because you used a SIM cutter that it can't be the problem....
    01-18-2011 01:49 PM
    Well folks are just offering help that you asked for. Go get a new SIM and see if that fixes the problem. You can't assume that because you used a SIM cutter that it can't be the problem....
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is also my 2nd SIM card and both have the same problem
    01-18-2011 01:51 PM
    http://forums.imore.com/iphone-4-for...ml#post1871187

is this like your problem? its what im currently experiencing
    04-28-2012 12:20 AM
    My iPhone 4 has the same problem. I originally thought there was something wrong with the ultrasn0w unlock for iPhone 4 but after I got an official unlock from AT&T, I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with the hardware. Unfortunately, I'm long out of warranty and I'm waiting for the next iPhone.
    04-28-2012 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD