iPhone 4 no service problem on reboot

scoobydrew831

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes, when I turn on my iPhone 4, I get one bar w/o any service (no carrier name is present either) or just "no service" in the corner. Other times, service is obtained perfectly fine. How can I fix this problem? I have tried EVERYTHING and am ideally looking for someone with the exact same problem, and has a known way to fix it. I am desperate, and considering selling my phone, that is how bad this problem is.

Thanks in advance

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes, when I turn on my iPhone 4, I get one bar w/o any service (no carrier name is present either) or just "no service" in the corner. Other times, service is obtained perfectly fine. How can I fix this problem? I have tried EVERYTHING and am ideally looking for someone with the exact same problem, and has a known way to fix it. I am desperate, and considering selling my phone, that is how bad this problem is.

Thanks in advance

The phone is under warranty. Have Apple give you another. It could be SIM as well

scoobydrew831

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
This is my 3rd iPhone. I know it is not an issue with the phone, because I have read of others having this issue. Nobody seems to be able to help me though.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This is my 3rd iPhone. I know it is not an issue with the phone, because I have read of others having this issue. Nobody seems to be able to help me though.

I personally havent heard of it. Me nor my wife has had a issue. If its that common, maybe a search of the forum will come up with something. But if you have not got a new SIM, Id try that

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue when I first got my iP4; went to AT&T and got a new SIM and it worked perfectly. It was free, too--try that instead of scissors.

scoobydrew831

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I personally havent heard of it. Me nor my wife has had a issue. If its that common, maybe a search of the forum will come up with something. But if you have not got a new SIM, Id try that

how did you cut your sim? Did you use a sim cutter or siscors. Also, how new is your sim card. Is it new (contact is same size as ATT micro sim) or old (bigger metal contact)

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I actually used a MicroSIM cutter that cuts it perfectly, so the cutting of the card can't be the problem

Well folks are just offering help that you asked for. Go get a new SIM and see if that fixes the problem. You can't assume that because you used a SIM cutter that it can't be the problem....

scoobydrew831

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Well folks are just offering help that you asked for. Go get a new SIM and see if that fixes the problem. You can't assume that because you used a SIM cutter that it can't be the problem....

Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is also my 2nd SIM card and both have the same problem

Tony the Tiger

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4 has the same problem. I originally thought there was something wrong with the ultrasn0w unlock for iPhone 4 but after I got an official unlock from AT&T, I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with the hardware. Unfortunately, I'm long out of warranty and I'm waiting for the next iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice