From a 64GB Touch + Droid X to 32 GB iPhone....decisions decisions

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Let me just start by saying I remember wanting the iPhone BIGTIME when Apple first introduced it as a brand new product.

I remember wondering while reading the news, will it be available on Verizon? Then they announced AT&T, and I kept thinking, but what about Verizon, over and over in my head? I have Verizon paid completely through my job. I can decide what phone I want, but it has to be through Verizon.

Shortly after iPhone was introduced, I was happy to have the opportunity to at least enjoy the OS with the iPod Touch, while I continued to use the Blackberry for my communications. I even wished I could buy data only on the iPhone so at least I could use it for that. The only pain on both devices is space. I have an extremely large music collection, 32 Gigs wasnt enough, I had to downgrade the bitrate on my music and cut some albums to enjoy it. When Apple announced the 64 gig Touch, that was ahem, music to my ears ;) I could fit EVERYTHING on it.

In the meantime, I went with the slew of "iPhone killers" looking for that perfect phone, but nothing satisfies me more than that iPhone's OS. Then Android started getting better, and gave better hardware variety, and I began warming to it. It satisfied the part of me that wanted the iPhone and couldn't have it, but it gets a little annoying going back and forth between 2 great devices like this having to decide to either buy an app on my Touch or the Droid X, (heh heh what a great problem to have, eh?) Not to mention, I have the Cradle on my dash for the Droid, and a wire coming out of the lower part of my dash for the iPod Touch.

So Verizon finally gives us what we want. I want it, this will tie me into one mobile OS, and removes 1 device giving me wat I wanted from the beginning in 1 small package easy to carry around, and no need for multiple charging and carrying types in the car.

The only thing that disappoints me is having to downgrade the music collection again to fit the apps, and couple of videos, but I am thinking it will be worth it, I'm hoping a 64 Gig enters the fold soon.

Anyone else thinking the same thing?

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If you prefer the iOS to the droid, then I would say go for it, it seems like you already have it all planned out and ready to go.

titansjonne#WN

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do what im doing. I just bought a 160gb ipod classic. that will be used for all my music and videos. Meanwhile my Iphone memory will be for photos and apps. Plenty of apps for media, meanwhile plenty of room for lots of apps on the phone and i wont have to kill the battery with all the music and videos i look at during the day. Perfect.

titansjonne#WN

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do what im doing. I just bought a 160gb ipod classic. that will be used for all my music and videos. Meanwhile my Iphone memory will be for photos and apps. Plenty of apps for media, meanwhile plenty of room for lots of apps on the phone and i wont have to kill the battery with all the music and videos i look at during the day. Not to mention the 160gb classic is cheaper than the 32gb touch lol. Perfect.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Only problem with doing that would be that it would defeat the purpose of trying to get away from multiple devices :)

I worked it out last night though, I currently downgrade my entire collection to 128 on my iPad. This shows as 24 Gigs for over 5000 songs. I plan to sift out a lot of albums I rarely if ever listen to to chop off some more gigs, and keep minimal amounts of videos as I usually watch them on my iPad. Then, when it eventually releases with 64 gigs, I will jump for joy. I had to do this initially for the Touch when 32 was the max. Is February 3rd here yet?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2