Calendar appointments Iphone<->BBerry

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Wife and I both use BB now, but I am getting the VerIphone. Currently we send calendar invites to each other to add events to the others calendar. Does any one know how this works between a BB and a Iphone. We dont want to share calendars, just be able to invite and accept appointments from each other.

Anyone have this setup?

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
What online calendar/email system are you using? If you use anything attached to an Exchange Server, then it will work as expected. If you use Google or GoogleApps for your email and calendar, then set it up as an Exchange Server on your iPhone (instructions posted many places on these forums), and it will be just fine. I don't know if it would work if you just sync to Outlook directly via a cable/iTunes. I don't think it would, but I haven't tried to use that arrangement. Others may have additional thoughts/ideas.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I can think of is also if it's setup to an Exchange Server it'll work as expected, I haven't heard/seen anything that allows bb/iPhone calendar invites back and forth otherwise

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
My fianc? and I both use Google cal and both have ours set up as exchange and the invite system has never worked right. Shared cals work fine but we have never been able to get the event invite system to work.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
My fianc? and I both use Google cal and both have ours set up as exchange and the invite system has never worked right. Shared cals work fine but we have never been able to get the event invite system to work.

Come to think of it, I haven't tried going from Google (Exchange) to Google (Exchange). My wife just uses her work calendar for everything (real Exchange server), and she's able to process meeting requests, etc., that I send her from my Google Apps account.

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea, we don't want to share a calendar. I have my work calendar and I send her the appointments that may interfere with the kids and such, or when I'll be out of town. She doesn't need to see every one of my appointments. I had thought I had heard that with 4.2 you would be able to send .ics appointments.

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone use MobileMe? I would love to test this and put it to bed. We could try this via PM and report back once and for all.

Thanks

Seth

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73