iPhone shipping on Feb. 3rd for current VZW customers?

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Web:
Trust me guys (from experience)... you will be able to order the i4 at 12:01 am from the Verizon or Apple website Feb 3rd, you will receive your phone ON the 10th, so it will ship a day or two before hand. On some.. I repeat some occasions there may be a chance you would receive it a day or two prior to the 10th.
Store:
If you are going to a store (Apple or Verizon Corp), I recommend Apple(if you have one close enough)..it will be worth it. Apple will feed you and keep you happy while waiting in line, water, pizza, pretzels, a wide variety of drinks.. you name it they probably have done it (again speaking from experience).

Last edited:

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Web:
Trust me guys (from experience)... you will be able to order the i4 at 12:01 am from the Verizon's or Apple's website Feb 3rd, you will receive your phone ON the 10th, so it will ship a day or two before hand. On some.. I repeat some occasions there may be a chance you would receive it a day or two prior to the 10th.
Store:
If you are going to a store (Apple or Verizon Corp), I recommend Apple(if you have one close enough)..it will be worth it. Apple will feed you and keep you happy while waiting in line, water, pizza, pretzels, a wide variety of drinks.. you name it they probably have done it (again speaking from experience).

I disagree, I bet existing customers will be able to receive the phone around the 4th or 5th from their "special inventory". They aren't introducing a new brand of phone to customers, like you think would happen(i.e incredible, droid X..ect). It's the same iphone different network. The email states we would receive the phone BEFORE other customers. Everyone is able to get the phone on the 10th, so that wouldn't make sense to be able to pre-order the phone and then receive it when everyone else does.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I disagree, I bet existing customers will be able to receive the phone around the 4th or 5th from their "special inventory". They aren't introducing a new brand of phone to customers, like you think would happen(i.e incredible, droid X..ect). It's the same iphone different network. The email states we would receive the phone BEFORE other customers. Everyone is able to get the phone on the 10th, so that wouldn't make sense to be able to pre-order the phone and then receive it when everyone else does.

The emails I received says,
Because we appreciate and value your loyalty, existing Verizon Wireless customers will have an exclusive online opportunity to purchase on a first-come, first-served basis before iPhone 4 is available to everyone else.
That says purchase - nothing about delivery. The web site says,
AN EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY FOR VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMERS
Get an iPhone 4 from our reserved quantity before they're available to everyone else.
I know that says "get"... but get does not equal in-hand to me, because of knowledge of previous Verizon device launches, and personal experience. Verizon has never done as you've described, and I also know from experience they are loathe to change an established process.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site

Four years of "pre-ordering" experience says your wrong and you will receive it day and date (10th) when it is officially available, maybe..big maybe a day or two before(Only because FedEx doesn't listen to Apple at times). What Verizon (at Apple's discretion) is doing is allowing you to reserve a unit for yourself or existing Verizon customers unlike the normal population, guaranteeing you have an i4. Feb 3rd is only about reserving aka pre-ordering one where the normal non Verizon customers cannot.

Don't get it twisted, Apple controls this NOT Verizon... Apple tells Verizon when and how high to jump.. don't mistake Apple for Google. When previous iPhone models came out via pre-ordering, Apple told FedEx to HOLD deliveries until a specified date (this time the 10th) because they were delivering some before public offering.

Last edited:

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
From Verizon's Website:

AN EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY FOR
VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMERS
Get an iPhone 4 from our reserved quantity before
they're available to everyone else.

Sounds like you get it before 2/10 to me.

I think it sounds like that too. If a person does not get the phone until the 10th then I would wait and go to a store. My FedEx delivers late in the afternoon and I could go to a store in the AM

I think if it was only to order first I think it would say "Order an iPhone 4 before everyone els."

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think it sounds like that too. If a person does not get the phone until the 10th then I would wait and go to a store. My FedEx delivers late in the afternoon and I could go to a store in the AM

I think if it was only to order first I think it would say "Order an iPhone 4 before everyone els."

One iPhone in the hand via FEDEX is worth Two at the store.

rich13er

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Don't get it twisted, Apple controls this NOT Verizon... Apple tells Verizon when and how high to jump.. don't mistake Apple for Google. When previous iPhone models came out via pre-ordering, Apple told FedEx to HOLD deliveries until a specified date (this time the 10th) because they were delivering some before public offering.

Yeah not so sure that Apple is controlling Verizon on this at least to the extent you think they are. If this was a new product launch then I would agree Apple has more control. This is a existing product that now just works on the Verizon network. Verizon is going to have stock on this product. They have reserved quantity for Verizon customers. I see what both side are saying here. I'm still siding with the glass half full side and hope I get a shipment before the 10th.
Nice thing is hopefully we should all get some clarification by the end of this week. :D

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Four years of "pre-ordering" experience says your wrong and you will receive it day and date (10th) when it is officially available, maybe..big maybe a day or two before(Only because FedEx doesn't listen to Apple at times). What Verizon (at Apple's discretion) is doing is allowing you to reserve a unit for yourself or existing Verizon customers unlike the normal population, guaranteeing you have an i4. Feb 3rd is only about reserving aka pre-ordering one where the normal non Verizon customers cannot.

This also isn't a new release of a new brand of phone, where in that case it would be true. I do think however existing customers will received the phone BEFORE all the other people. I could be wrong, if so ok, whats another week of waiting. It's already been like 3 years since this whole rumor started.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Only thing that kills me is the extra 50 to go retail. I may not mind it if I would be getting it a week earlier than in stores. But if we are looking at getting them the same day as everyone else, I might be more inclined to visit the Apple store on release day, unless of course I could preorder through Apple as well.

When's that second email coming already with better details? Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a CSR who told me if I ordered early enough I would have it in hand on the 4th with free FedEx. Just another CSR throwing diffrent info out there!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a CSR who told me if I ordered early enough I would have it in hand on the 4th with free FedEx. Just another CSR throwing diffrent info out there!

Info that's totally disconnect from any known reality... sure. I'll believe it when FedEx knocks on my door to deliver any day before FEB 10

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I can easily see where both arguments are valid. I am more inclined to believe however after reading everything on the VZ website that current customers will have the iPhone in hand before everyone else can get it. I hope that VZ sends out another email this week specifically stating what will happen but who knows. Either way I am paying full retail and cannot wait to get my hands on the iPhone!

brianmg

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't mean to stir the pot, but when I called VZW on the 21st to see if I could bump up my upgrade date, the CSR informed me that they wouldn't be shipping them until the 10th. Therefore, you wouldn't receive it until at least the 11th. I found this very hard to believe, especially since it would mean that the people who preordered would get their phone later than someone who waits in line. If that's the case, I would almost prefer to not preorder. Granted, this was just one CSR rep who probably didn't know a whole lot about the release info, but has anyone else heard of preorders not being delivered until after the 10th?

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't mean to stir the pot, but when I called VZW on the 21st to see if I could bump up my upgrade date, the CSR informed me that they wouldn't be shipping them until the 10th. Therefore, you wouldn't receive it until at least the 11th. I found this very hard to believe, especially since it would mean that the people who preordered would get their phone later than someone who waits in line. If that's the case, I would almost prefer to not preorder. Granted, this was just one CSR rep who probably didn't know a whole lot about the release info, but has anyone else heard of preorders not being delivered until after the 10th?

Sounds more like a CSR that misunderstood, ships on the 10th meaning it will be shipped TO ME on the 10th on my doorstep.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner