iPhone shipping on Feb. 3rd for current VZW customers?

rich13er

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
And I love how "Get one before everyone else" turns into pre-order on the 3rd, get it on the 4th, despite ample evidence of precedence of what has been done on major product releases. :rolleyes:

I love how some people on this forum can take their opinion and make it the how it is going to be and basically bash other people opinions. What we had said is that was our take on it. Not that it is the truth. We could be wrong and you could be wrong too. So until Verizon make the announcement please just state your opinion and let everyone else state theirs. You can disagree with the opinion that fine. But don't be a jerk about it. :mad:

caribouranch

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Does it really matter? It's only a week between the 3rd and the 10th. You could always possibly receive it anytime between the 3rd and the 10th. As it stands now, we are 2 weeks away from pre-ordering anyway, so what's one week to have to wait for the phone? It's not like you're pre-ordering the phone and having to wait one month or something ...

Yes, I am really excited to receive my iPhone, but I've waited years for it, so what's one more week?

Just my 2 cents.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
But don't be a jerk about it. :mad:

Having facts and experience to back one's opinion makes one a jerk?

Fact: Verizon has done pre-orders in the past, and deliveries on pre-orders are on release day in stores until stock is shipped, then - pre-order customers are provided an estimated delivery date. There is no reason to expect them to change this practice.

Sorry if telling the truth offends.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey, just a question @kch50428. I understand that Verizon has done pre-orders in the past but have they announced a message saying that there was an exclusive offer or that you could get that particular phone earlier than anyone else? I'm not saying that what you have said is wrong because I have no idea when they are going to ship the iPhone no more than you do. But I also don't recall them blatantly stating that "since your a Verizon customer you will have this phone before everyone else." In my opinion it seems like they might have something else in mind since they have said that but who knows.

Reactions: rich13er

caribouranch

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey, just a question @kch50428. I understand that Verizon has done pre-orders in the past but have they announced a message saying that there was an exclusive offer or that you could get that particular phone earlier than anyone else? I'm not saying that what you have said is wrong because I have no idea when they are going to ship the iPhone no more than you do. But I also don't recall them blatantly stating that "since your a Verizon customer you will have this phone before everyone else." In my opinion it seems like they might have something else in mind since they have said that but who knows.

Yeah, in their email, and on their website, it states that ONLY EXISTING Verizon Wireless customers will be able to actually pre-order the iPhone on Feb 3rd. No NEW customers or people without Verizon Wireless accounts at all can pre-order. They have to wait until Feb 10th. :)

That's not saying the iPhone will be shipped on Feb 3rd, or Fed 9th, or whatever day they ship it, that's just saying that VZW customers are the only ones who are allowed to pre-order it.

That's how I understood it. :)

Here's the link: iPhone 4. Verizon. It begins.

It says "AN EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY FOR VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMERS. Get an iPhone 4 from our reserved quantity before they're available to everyone else."

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
And again, based on what Apple and AT&T did with the pre-order/release of the iPhone4... it is possible that the VZW iPhone will arrive "early"... because the iPhone4 did... but that is NO guarantee that it will arrive prior to 2/10... my take: pre-order as soon as you can, expect it on 2/10 and if it comes a day early, consider that a bonus. Just don't go banking on it getting there early, because none of us know what's actually going to happen until either (1) they tell us what to expect or (2) it happens...

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
images

Reactions: Mz Priz

MiXoLoGiSt

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I love how "Get an iPhone 4 before everyone else" turns into "ORDER" and get one between 9th and 11th

Yeah because its a Pre-Order and when they announced the iPhone they clearly stated it was a Pre-Order. Pre-Order means you order it early and receive it on release day.

Like I said you might get it a day early but I doubt it. I'm not doubting the possibility that you actually get the phone before everyone else but it is very unlikely.

glorman

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I asked my business account rep today via email when to expect receipt of the iphone. this was his reply:

"You will need to order the phone on the 3rd (as early as possible), you should get the device on the 7th, that?s a Monday. First come first serve. It can only be ordered through My Verizon online."

Of course he may be mistaken.

Grant.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth, I asked my business account rep today via email when to expect receipt of the iphone. this was his reply:

"You will need to order the phone on the 3rd (as early as possible), you should get the device on the 7th, that?s a Monday. First come first serve. It can only be ordered through My Verizon online."

Of course he may be mistaken.
May very well be the case on business accounts. On planet Verizon - business vs consumer accounts are same planet, vastly different worlds.

omfgitsjustin

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Since nobody here is the CEO of Verizon or has official documents of the iPhone 4 roadmap on Verizon, NOBODY is right or wrong.

It doesn't matter what verizon has done in the past, they didn't have the iphone in the past. They do now. They changed so much of their phone policies for this iphone. What is to say the "order/preorder" process will stay the same?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Wonder if an update is going to be able to fix the non-multitasking issue?
You mean talk & surf?

That is a limitation of CDMA technology to talk and use data simultaneously on the cellular network... and people with CDMA smart phones already know how to work around it. For those people, it's a non-issue.

The update to fix it will most likely be LTE when deployed.

lshartle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I think it would be a wise decision for Verizon to ship them to existing customers before the 9th. Think about it, it would be like waving candy in front of a baby to all the people that don't have it . . . yet

Also, if you look on the FAQ for the iPhone on Verizon's site it states:

- iPhone 4 will be available for pre-order to Verizon Wireless customers only, on a ?first come, first serve? basis via VerizonWireless.com, on or around February 3rd 2011 ? details to be confirmed a week prior by Verizon Wireless -

"on or around Feb 3" sounds like it might be available even earlier than we thought

CRK1966

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Does it really matter? It's only a week between the 3rd and the 10th. You could always possibly receive it anytime between the 3rd and the 10th. As it stands now, we are 2 weeks away from pre-ordering anyway, so what's one week to have to wait for the phone? It's not like you're pre-ordering the phone and having to wait one month or something ...

Yes, I am really excited to receive my iPhone, but I've waited years for it, so what's one more week?

Just my 2 cents.

FINALLY...someone with some sense!!!!

mlfgc

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Just my 2 cents.

Good pt. But who wants to waste hours upon hours of their life waiting in line for a silly piece of equipment on Feb 10? And if it's anything like July 2010 if you wait past Feb 10th you'll most likely NOT get one all together until the next shipment, say March?
No thanks.

Mz Priz

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
You mean talk & surf?

That is a limitation of CDMA technology to talk and use data simultaneously on the cellular network... and people with CDMA smart phones already know how to work around it. For those people, it's a non-issue.

The update to fix it will most likely be LTE when deployed.

Sure would like to know the work around. Willing to share?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Sure would like to know the work around. Willing to share?
The workaround is Wifi when you can. Truly, people I know on Verizon who think they must be able to talk, and use e-mail, or be on a web browser while talking on the phone - do so using a laptop with wifi or another wireless data solution that does not involve their phone.