Hey, just a question @kch50428. I understand that Verizon has done pre-orders in the past but have they announced a message saying that there was an exclusive offer or that you could get that particular phone earlier than anyone else? I'm not saying that what you have said is wrong because I have no idea when they are going to ship the iPhone no more than you do. But I also don't recall them blatantly stating that "since your a Verizon customer you will have this phone before everyone else." In my opinion it seems like they might have something else in mind since they have said that but who knows.
    rich13er likes this.
    01-21-2011 02:30 PM
    Hey, just a question @kch50428. I understand that Verizon has done pre-orders in the past but have they announced a message saying that there was an exclusive offer or that you could get that particular phone earlier than anyone else? I'm not saying that what you have said is wrong because I have no idea when they are going to ship the iPhone no more than you do. But I also don't recall them blatantly stating that "since your a Verizon customer you will have this phone before everyone else." In my opinion it seems like they might have something else in mind since they have said that but who knows.
    Yeah, in their email, and on their website, it states that ONLY EXISTING Verizon Wireless customers will be able to actually pre-order the iPhone on Feb 3rd. No NEW customers or people without Verizon Wireless accounts at all can pre-order. They have to wait until Feb 10th.

That's not saying the iPhone will be shipped on Feb 3rd, or Fed 9th, or whatever day they ship it, that's just saying that VZW customers are the only ones who are allowed to pre-order it.

That's how I understood it.

Here's the link: iPhone 4. Verizon. It begins.

It says "AN EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY FOR VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMERS. Get an iPhone 4 from our reserved quantity before they're available to everyone else."
    01-21-2011 02:34 PM
    And again, based on what Apple and AT&T did with the pre-order/release of the iPhone4... it is possible that the VZW iPhone will arrive "early"... because the iPhone4 did... but that is NO guarantee that it will arrive prior to 2/10... my take: pre-order as soon as you can, expect it on 2/10 and if it comes a day early, consider that a bonus. Just don't go banking on it getting there early, because none of us know what's actually going to happen until either (1) they tell us what to expect or (2) it happens...
    01-21-2011 02:59 PM
    Mz Priz likes this.
    01-21-2011 03:52 PM
    I love how "Get an iPhone 4 before everyone else" turns into "ORDER" and get one between 9th and 11th
    Yeah because its a Pre-Order and when they announced the iPhone they clearly stated it was a Pre-Order. Pre-Order means you order it early and receive it on release day.

Like I said you might get it a day early but I doubt it. I'm not doubting the possibility that you actually get the phone before everyone else but it is very unlikely.
    01-21-2011 05:54 PM
    For what it's worth, I asked my business account rep today via email when to expect receipt of the iphone. this was his reply:

"You will need to order the phone on the 3rd (as early as possible), you should get the device on the 7th, thats a Monday. First come first serve. It can only be ordered through My Verizon online."

Of course he may be mistaken.

Grant.
    01-22-2011 12:24 AM
    For what it's worth, I asked my business account rep today via email when to expect receipt of the iphone. this was his reply:

"You will need to order the phone on the 3rd (as early as possible), you should get the device on the 7th, thats a Monday. First come first serve. It can only be ordered through My Verizon online."

Of course he may be mistaken.
    May very well be the case on business accounts. On planet Verizon - business vs consumer accounts are same planet, vastly different worlds.
    01-22-2011 10:25 AM
    Since nobody here is the CEO of Verizon or has official documents of the iPhone 4 roadmap on Verizon, NOBODY is right or wrong.

It doesn't matter what verizon has done in the past, they didn't have the iphone in the past. They do now. They changed so much of their phone policies for this iphone. What is to say the "order/preorder" process will stay the same?
    01-22-2011 11:55 AM
    Wonder if an update is going to be able to fix the non-multitasking issue?
    01-22-2011 07:43 PM
    Wonder if an update is going to be able to fix the non-multitasking issue?
    You mean talk & surf?

That is a limitation of CDMA technology to talk and use data simultaneously on the cellular network... and people with CDMA smart phones already know how to work around it. For those people, it's a non-issue.

The update to fix it will most likely be LTE when deployed.
    01-22-2011 07:51 PM
    I think it would be a wise decision for Verizon to ship them to existing customers before the 9th. Think about it, it would be like waving candy in front of a baby to all the people that don't have it . . . yet

Also, if you look on the FAQ for the iPhone on Verizon's site it states:

- iPhone 4 will be available for pre-order to Verizon Wireless customers only, on a first come, first serve basis via VerizonWireless.com, on or around February 3rd 2011 details to be confirmed a week prior by Verizon Wireless -

"on or around Feb 3" sounds like it might be available even earlier than we thought
    01-23-2011 03:12 AM
    Does it really matter? It's only a week between the 3rd and the 10th. You could always possibly receive it anytime between the 3rd and the 10th. As it stands now, we are 2 weeks away from pre-ordering anyway, so what's one week to have to wait for the phone? It's not like you're pre-ordering the phone and having to wait one month or something ...

Yes, I am really excited to receive my iPhone, but I've waited years for it, so what's one more week?

Just my 2 cents.
    FINALLY...someone with some sense!!!!
    01-23-2011 07:36 AM
    Does it really matter? It's only a week between the 3rd and the 10th. You could always possibly receive it anytime between the 3rd and the 10th. As it stands now, we are 2 weeks away from pre-ordering anyway, so what's one week to have to wait for the phone? It's not like you're pre-ordering the phone and having to wait one month or something ...

Yes, I am really excited to receive my iPhone, but I've waited years for it, so what's one more week?

Just my 2 cents.
    Good pt. But who wants to waste hours upon hours of their life waiting in line for a silly piece of equipment on Feb 10? And if it's anything like July 2010 if you wait past Feb 10th you'll most likely NOT get one all together until the next shipment, say March?
    No thanks.
    01-23-2011 01:46 PM
    You mean talk & surf?

That is a limitation of CDMA technology to talk and use data simultaneously on the cellular network... and people with CDMA smart phones already know how to work around it. For those people, it's a non-issue.

The update to fix it will most likely be LTE when deployed.
    Sure would like to know the work around. Willing to share?
    01-23-2011 01:47 PM
    Sure would like to know the work around. Willing to share?
    The workaround is Wifi when you can. Truly, people I know on Verizon who think they must be able to talk, and use e-mail, or be on a web browser while talking on the phone - do so using a laptop with wifi or another wireless data solution that does not involve their phone.
    01-23-2011 02:44 PM
    Web:
    Trust me guys (from experience)... you will be able to order the i4 at 12:01 am from the Verizon or Apple website Feb 3rd, you will receive your phone ON the 10th, so it will ship a day or two before hand. On some.. I repeat some occasions there may be a chance you would receive it a day or two prior to the 10th.
    Store:
    If you are going to a store (Apple or Verizon Corp), I recommend Apple(if you have one close enough)..it will be worth it. Apple will feed you and keep you happy while waiting in line, water, pizza, pretzels, a wide variety of drinks.. you name it they probably have done it (again speaking from experience).
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 01-23-2011 at 06:26 PM.
    01-23-2011 05:50 PM
    Web:
    Trust me guys (from experience)... you will be able to order the i4 at 12:01 am from the Verizon's or Apple's website Feb 3rd, you will receive your phone ON the 10th, so it will ship a day or two before hand. On some.. I repeat some occasions there may be a chance you would receive it a day or two prior to the 10th.
    Store:
    If you are going to a store (Apple or Verizon Corp), I recommend Apple(if you have one close enough)..it will be worth it. Apple will feed you and keep you happy while waiting in line, water, pizza, pretzels, a wide variety of drinks.. you name it they probably have done it (again speaking from experience).
    I disagree, I bet existing customers will be able to receive the phone around the 4th or 5th from their "special inventory". They aren't introducing a new brand of phone to customers, like you think would happen(i.e incredible, droid X..ect). It's the same iphone different network. The email states we would receive the phone BEFORE other customers. Everyone is able to get the phone on the 10th, so that wouldn't make sense to be able to pre-order the phone and then receive it when everyone else does.
    01-23-2011 06:07 PM
    I disagree, I bet existing customers will be able to receive the phone around the 4th or 5th from their "special inventory". They aren't introducing a new brand of phone to customers, like you think would happen(i.e incredible, droid X..ect). It's the same iphone different network. The email states we would receive the phone BEFORE other customers. Everyone is able to get the phone on the 10th, so that wouldn't make sense to be able to pre-order the phone and then receive it when everyone else does.
    The emails I received says,
    Because we appreciate and value your loyalty, existing Verizon Wireless customers will have an exclusive online opportunity to purchase on a first-come, first-served basis before iPhone 4 is available to everyone else.
    That says purchase - nothing about delivery. The web site says,
    AN EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY FOR VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMERS
    Get an iPhone 4 from our reserved quantity before they're available to everyone else.
    I know that says "get"... but get does not equal in-hand to me, because of knowledge of previous Verizon device launches, and personal experience. Verizon has never done as you've described, and I also know from experience they are loathe to change an established process.
    01-23-2011 06:14 PM
    Lots of wishful thinking in this thread......
    01-23-2011 06:20 PM
    Four years of "pre-ordering" experience says your wrong and you will receive it day and date (10th) when it is officially available, maybe..big maybe a day or two before(Only because FedEx doesn't listen to Apple at times). What Verizon (at Apple's discretion) is doing is allowing you to reserve a unit for yourself or existing Verizon customers unlike the normal population, guaranteeing you have an i4. Feb 3rd is only about reserving aka pre-ordering one where the normal non Verizon customers cannot.

Don't get it twisted, Apple controls this NOT Verizon... Apple tells Verizon when and how high to jump.. don't mistake Apple for Google. When previous iPhone models came out via pre-ordering, Apple told FedEx to HOLD deliveries until a specified date (this time the 10th) because they were delivering some before public offering.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 01-23-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    01-23-2011 06:24 PM
    From Verizon's Website:

AN EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY FOR
    VERIZON WIRELESS CUSTOMERS
    Get an iPhone 4 from our reserved quantity before
    they're available to everyone else.

Sounds like you get it before 2/10 to me.

I think it sounds like that too. If a person does not get the phone until the 10th then I would wait and go to a store. My FedEx delivers late in the afternoon and I could go to a store in the AM

I think if it was only to order first I think it would say "Order an iPhone 4 before everyone els."
    01-23-2011 06:59 PM
    I think it sounds like that too. If a person does not get the phone until the 10th then I would wait and go to a store. My FedEx delivers late in the afternoon and I could go to a store in the AM

I think if it was only to order first I think it would say "Order an iPhone 4 before everyone els."
    One iPhone in the hand via FEDEX is worth Two at the store.
    01-23-2011 07:19 PM
    One iPhone in the hand via FEDEX is worth Two at the store.
    Agree you arent guaranteed to have one if you go into a store and I would rather wait a few more hours rather than having to wait a few days or even weeks if they get backordered
    01-23-2011 09:46 PM
    Don't get it twisted, Apple controls this NOT Verizon... Apple tells Verizon when and how high to jump.. don't mistake Apple for Google. When previous iPhone models came out via pre-ordering, Apple told FedEx to HOLD deliveries until a specified date (this time the 10th) because they were delivering some before public offering.
    Yeah not so sure that Apple is controlling Verizon on this at least to the extent you think they are. If this was a new product launch then I would agree Apple has more control. This is a existing product that now just works on the Verizon network. Verizon is going to have stock on this product. They have reserved quantity for Verizon customers. I see what both side are saying here. I'm still siding with the glass half full side and hope I get a shipment before the 10th.
    Nice thing is hopefully we should all get some clarification by the end of this week.
    01-24-2011 08:55 AM
    Four years of "pre-ordering" experience says your wrong and you will receive it day and date (10th) when it is officially available, maybe..big maybe a day or two before(Only because FedEx doesn't listen to Apple at times). What Verizon (at Apple's discretion) is doing is allowing you to reserve a unit for yourself or existing Verizon customers unlike the normal population, guaranteeing you have an i4. Feb 3rd is only about reserving aka pre-ordering one where the normal non Verizon customers cannot.

This also isn't a new release of a new brand of phone, where in that case it would be true. I do think however existing customers will received the phone BEFORE all the other people. I could be wrong, if so ok, whats another week of waiting. It's already been like 3 years since this whole rumor started.
    01-24-2011 11:00 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD