iPhone 4 Insurance

iPhone4Rocks!

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I'm interested in getting insurance for my iPhone 4. The one thing that is most important to me is if my iPhone is stolen, which company would be the best for me because in the past, I've lost an iPhone 3GS without insurance which was terrible because I'd have to pay full price for a new one. Any help?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Your phone is covered through home insurance. The problem is that the deductible can sometimes be the cost of the phone. There is four square I beleive it's called.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Your phone is covered through home insurance. The problem is that the deductible can sometimes be the cost of the phone. There is four square I beleive it's called.

It's squaretrade. Check with your home owners. Some have rider policy's that don't have a detectable for electronics like phones and computers.

Snowleopards

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
If you are in UK, the best insurance at the moment is O2. My iPhone 4 glass was broken and I received new one quick. And with stolen phones are same.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Before you buy ANY insurance, read actual reviews from people who have attempted/have used the service to replace a phone. I know that 90% of the time, these coverages are usually a huge PITA, and people usually echo that in reviews...i've never personally bought one, and prob wont ever get one because it seems like such a headache to deal with them.

lshartle

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
There is a free application called SmartGuard (smrtguard.com) With this app you can locate your phone (accuracy depends on signal strength), you can remote lock your device and you can remote listen which has your device call a number, that you specify, to assist you in locating. These features are free and you can pay for a premium version that has more features.
I've been using this on my BB for about a year and it's great and I plan on getting it for my iPhone.
This app will only help if you lose the device though obviously

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Again, the no insurance plan is the best.

No money up front. No monthly payments. 199 deductible for nonwarranty service. Just deal with an apple store for same day service. In the case of lost or stolen (which shouldn't be that big of a concern), you can buy a new or used one..just think of that as a higher deductible and a lesson to keep better track of your things.

As for the State Farm or home insurance route, that's risky (which is why its probably so cheap). Claims like these are seen as frivolous when compared to what homeowner?s insurance is designed to do, cover major incidents. If you were to have 2 or 3 incidents small or large, do not be surprised when you receive a non-renewal notice from your provider. And your claims get kept in a database for at least 5 years. You never file a claim with your home insurance unless its big.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I got too. Covers lost, theft, damage.

iPhone Tapatalk

I was able to add on my homeowners insurance no deductible so i didn't need the state farm route but I know it exists...

And for anyone stating you have to watch out for the deductible, just call and make sure there isn't one on smartphones and set the full retail price + tax, and you're good to go

Just get the apple protection plan.

APPLECARE IS JUST AN EXTENDED WARRANTY ... some people need to know what they are talking about before they reply lol

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

you generally have to endorse it on your homeowners policy or it may not be covered

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox