1. dvigue's Avatar
    how much would i have to pay for the iphone, if i had an upgrade on my account? what is the upgrade prices for VZ? same as if you are a new customer?
    01-16-2011 10:38 AM
  2. nies's Avatar
    yes, 16gb is 199 and 32gb is 299
    01-16-2011 10:40 AM
  3. dvigue's Avatar
    what is the Ne2 50 dollar credit i read about?
    01-16-2011 10:52 AM
  4. korp#IM's Avatar
    what is the Ne2 50 dollar credit i read about?
    Would not apply if you are a new customer, but basically its a credit you get towards a phone. Your line has to exceed a certain dollar value so primary lines are usually the only ones who receive it.
    01-16-2011 11:16 AM
  5. rich13er's Avatar
    The ne2 credit runs anywhere from $30 to $100. I'll be getting the $100 credit.
    01-16-2011 06:47 PM
  6. dejagood's Avatar
    How do I determine if I can/will get a credit. I am eligible for the new every 2 on 2/17/11. So will that mean I will only pay $99? I'm wondering if it will be sold out by then?
    01-19-2011 10:01 PM
  7. shipwrestler125's Avatar
    How do I determine if I can/will get a credit. I am eligible for the new every 2 on 2/17/11. So will that mean I will only pay $99? I'm wondering if it will be sold out by then?
    If you are on a plan 49.99 a month or higher. but after you use it this time will be the last time you get it because verizon is doing away with the NE2 credit after jan 16
    01-19-2011 10:08 PM
  8. dejagood's Avatar
    Actually they told me that I was eligible for an annual upgrade for $20 (which I see that will be waived), so my phone will be cheaper if I wait until 2/17/11? Or should I go for it on the 3rd? AND yes I have a $89 plan....
    01-19-2011 10:13 PM
  9. p08757's Avatar
    Actually they told me that I was eligible for an annual upgrade for $20 (which I see that will be waived), so my phone will be cheaper if I wait until 2/17/11? Or should I go for it on the 3rd? AND yes I have a $89 plan....
    A few weeks would be worth the savings to me, especially if you get the $100.00 NE2 credit. I would wait for 2/17/2011 if I were you....
    01-20-2011 09:42 AM
  10. dejagood's Avatar
    I think I will wait, but my fear is that I'd have to wait even longer because they have run out....

    What are the chances of that happening?
    01-20-2011 10:26 AM
  11. CYaris's Avatar
    How do I determine if I can/will get a credit. I am eligible for the new every 2 on 2/17/11. So will that mean I will only pay $99? I'm wondering if it will be sold out by then?
    If you call Verizon, they may be willing to move the NE2 date to Feb. 3d. I called yesterday, and they weren't willing to move a 5 month date, but seemed to indicate that if it was closer they would have.

    Worth the phone call to save money.

    Craig
    01-20-2011 12:05 PM
  12. cevmkv's Avatar
    I think I will wait, but my fear is that I'd have to wait even longer because they have run out....

    What are the chances of that happening?
    there is always a chance of them running out. however in my experience with the OG iphone and the 3g, they did run out of phones, but they were constantly getting new stock in. It is more of a case of logistics getting the phones to the stores rather than slow production

    many people had to deal with long waits for other phones at verizon, like the droid incredible, the long waits for these had to do with production issues.

    i think apple has been good at knowing how many phones they will need and will have plenty available.
    01-20-2011 12:08 PM
  13. dejagood's Avatar
    I'm calling right now...

    I will see what they say. Surely they should be able to move the date up 14 days, I think it also depends on WHO you get as well.
    01-20-2011 07:59 PM
  14. dejagood's Avatar
    Oh well...shoot, no chance with her. I will probably have to try someone else. She told me I'd have to wait. Oh well, hopefully if I end up having to wait, they still have some available. I'm a sucka for discounts, she told me the phone would be $149 with the NE2 discount.
    01-20-2011 08:01 PM
  15. CYaris's Avatar
    I can't believe they wouldn't move it 14 days. I would call again tomorrow and try someone else.

    Good luck.
    01-20-2011 08:20 PM
  16. dejagood's Avatar
    that's exactly what I am going to do...I just might wait until closer to the launch though!! I am going to use the old fashioned long time customer script...truly though. I've been with VZW for 8 years. That should say enough!
    01-20-2011 10:10 PM
  17. RNCCRN9706's Avatar
    I upgraded my line to a BB Bold 9650 on 11/19/10. My line is not eligible for upgrade. None of the lines on my account are. So, I'm just gonna add a 4th line to my plan, get an iPhone 4 32GB and switch it over to my main line and put my Bold on the new line.
    01-21-2011 02:27 AM
  18. lr_zuber's Avatar
    I upgraded my line to a BB Bold 9650 on 11/19/10. My line is not eligible for upgrade. None of the lines on my account are. So, I'm just gonna add a 4th line to my plan, get an iPhone 4 32GB and switch it over to my main line and put my Bold on the new line.
    You realize you'll end up paying more in the end, right? You'll pay the $9.99 to add the line, plus the BlackBerry Data plan on the 4th line, 29.99 (it's required). That's ~$1,000 for a 2 year contract (that you signed to get the iPhone for $299).

    I think you'd be best to fork over the $699 for the phone off contract.
    01-21-2011 05:07 AM
  19. hapkiman's Avatar
    Now that ATT is dropping the prices on all their iPhone plans/packages, I dont know if I should go with Verizon or ATT. My contract is up with T-Mob, so I can do either or. I guess if I need to talk and surf at the same time I should stick with ATT huh?
    01-22-2011 07:36 PM
  20. ericsmcdonald's Avatar
    I can't believe they wouldn't move it 14 days. I would call again tomorrow and try someone else.

    Good luck.
    There is a window in which they're allowed to do it. I did mine a month early over the summer.

    But rather than call and try to get something moved when you're not actually purchasing something, call when the phone is out and available for purchase and then they may move it
    01-23-2011 09:10 AM
  21. ericsmcdonald's Avatar
    that's exactly what I am going to do...I just might wait until closer to the launch though!! I am going to use the old fashioned long time customer script...truly though. I've been with VZW for 8 years. That should say enough!
    Piece of advice. The "I deserve it bc I'm a longtime customer" script isn't the best.

    I would call and ask about the different phones and prices, and say "well, I'd do it today, but if I wait 15 days, I'd get my NE2 discount ..." and see if they say "well if I move your discount to today, will you buy it?"

    That's what happened to me over this past summer. I didn't ask, they offered it in exchange for me buying that day! And they put the phone cost on my bill. No transaction, just a new phone via Fedex the next day
    01-23-2011 09:13 AM
  22. anneemonster's Avatar
    I am most definitely planning on getting the i4, but my upgrade date isn't till august 9th. Will I still get it for the new contract price?
    01-24-2011 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD