I have a honda CRV and had no issues connecting to the handsfree in my car with a 3GS... I have had a horrible time with the Iphone 4. I went back to ATT and it will connect initially...then it goes away...then randomly comes back once in a while. Is it the car or the phone????
    01-15-2011 10:22 PM
    I have no issues whatsoever connecting to Ford's SYNC system with my i4... none at all ever, sounds like maybe it's a car issue with the phone, I read on another thread someone had the same problem with their Audi or Mercedes it wouldn't connect to an iPhone 4
    01-15-2011 10:31 PM
    Try completely disassociating the phone from the car (and visa-versa), Then reconnecting.

make sure that there aren't any other blue tooth enabled phones neat by.

my IP4 had a similar issue till I turned off the BT on my Droid X and resynced.
    01-16-2011 01:46 AM
    I have the 3GS, but I had problems connecting to the Alpine stereo until I turned off BT in the TomTom GPS.
    01-16-2011 10:01 AM
    It sounds like a car issue. As suggested above, try selecting forget this device (the car) from the bluetooth setting on you iPhone and then resetting. Both my iPhone 4 and my husband's 3GS work fine with my car's bluetooth.
    01-16-2011 11:15 AM
    I talked to apple..said it was a known issue they were working on..they asked if my wi-fi was connected..it wasn't at the time.

Then I called Handsfreelink for Honda and they said you have to completely turn off the wi-fi on the iphone 4's. AHHH... So I did and its much much better. I still have to occasionally turn the blue tooth on and off to connect..but thats much better then redoing the entire process EVERYTIME. Still not as good as my 3GS, but oh well.

Thanks
    01-20-2011 10:32 PM
    i know for Audi i have no issues at all. my wife's Ford Escape seems to work well. i do know for mine there is no updates for the built in module in my car but the sync system you can download updates for it. maybe your car has that same thing from Honda?
    01-21-2011 08:23 AM
    I have problems with my "uconnect" in my Jeep. Some friends running the newest software on both the iphone and the uconnect seem to have better results.
    01-21-2011 09:55 AM
    The thing to do with bluetooth is delete devices on both ends and re-pair. First try the re-pair by letting the phone find the car - and if that does not work well, delete devices, and re-pair the other direction and have the car find the phone. Theoretically, it shouldn't matter, but sometimes it does. I've seen the same issue paring phones to Garmin Nuvis.
    01-21-2011 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD