Just got back from Verizon today because i was having troubles with my Blackberry (no surprise there), anyways while i was there i decided to ask about my upgrade eligibility. I can upgrade on Feb 28th, but my dad is already eligible. I remember reading somewhere (on this forum i think) about some guy that bought an iPhone from AT&T on his wife's upgrade and then had problems switching the iPhone to his number. The plan was to just take my dad's upgrade so i could be the new kid on the black with the iPhone. I wanted to check with the Verizon people to see if this was possible so i would not end up like the other guy in the forum and have to deal with Verizon all day instead of playing with my new iPhone. The clerk was not sure so she went to ask her manager. He came to talk to me and dropped the news. Apple is not allowing the switching of ESN's. I cant use my dads upgrade to get the phone on my number. I then asked well is there anyway that since i have bought 14 phones from you guys (seriously i have) that you could shorten my contract period so i would be able to upgrade on the 10th and just sign a new contract. His response was that Apple also is not allowing Verizon to do this. So it appears that i will have to wait until the 28th now, i am not a happy camper. Anyone think they have a way around this? PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
    01-15-2011 11:58 AM
    Yes with AT&T you can use another line to do an upgrade. That sucks verizon doesn't do this.

iPhone Tapatalk
    01-15-2011 12:16 PM
    wait the extra 18 days
    01-15-2011 12:24 PM
    it sounds to me like it's a VZW thing not Apple, so just wait the 18 days lol
    01-15-2011 12:26 PM
    Im sure it wont kill you to wait the extra 18 days and you never know maybe there will be a bug or something wrong with the first batch of iphones. I'm sure verizon is doing this because they know there is such a high demand for the phone
    01-15-2011 12:28 PM
    I know. Its only 18 days. Its just gonna be a really late Christmas gift. This is true too, Verizon may be telling me it is Apple cause its a lot easier to point the finger. Oh well. sounds like there is no way out of it but just playing the waiting game.
    01-15-2011 12:38 PM
    Set up your "My Verizon" account online and you can swap upgrades from one line to another.
    bmxfreak995 and Tanker57 like this.
    01-15-2011 12:39 PM
    Apple has nothing to do with Verizon ESN Swaps, guy if full of bologna ... I wouldn't sweat it, continue with your original plan.
    01-15-2011 12:40 PM
    Set up your "My Verizon" account online and you can swap upgrades from one line to another.
    really? hmm. this sounds promising. About to check this out.
    01-15-2011 12:41 PM
    really? hmm. this sounds promising. About to check this out.
    yea, it's a fairly new feature. Did it a few months ago to get the Droid Incredible
    01-15-2011 12:43 PM
    yea, it's a fairly new feature. Did it a few months ago to get the Droid Incredible
    Not new feature, they have had it for a few years ... I had been ESN Swapping online often, great feature.
    01-15-2011 12:44 PM
    The plan was to just take my dad's upgrade so i could be the new kid on the black
    i dont think you want that
    01-15-2011 12:48 PM
    Just did the "myverizon" thing, problem solved. wow, im a happy camped again! thanks so much!
    01-15-2011 12:49 PM
    i dont think you want that
    hahahha, good call
    01-15-2011 12:50 PM
    Just did the "myverizon" thing, problem solved. wow, im a happy camped again! thanks so much!
    Not a problem, happy to help
    01-15-2011 12:51 PM
    I've got a question, and figured this is just a good a place to ask as any
    So we're coming pretty close to the end of our contracts, and I'm trying to see when we can upgrade. However, my dad doesn't have a myverizon account set up, and when we go to set one up it asks for the billing system password... and we're clueless as to what this is. any help? where do we find this password?
    thanks
    01-15-2011 01:53 PM
    its a password that was setup when the account was opened. Just have your dad call and say he forgot the password and they reset it or change it.
    01-15-2011 01:59 PM
    This is a security feature. If you don't know it you will have to call Verizon. They will ask a couple of questions to establish account ownership, and then reset it for you.
    01-15-2011 02:02 PM
    alright cool thanks guys
    01-15-2011 02:37 PM
    Hmm. How do you do this? We have 4 lines, one of which will be eligible for an upgrade on 1/17/11. How do I swap that to another phone? I just don't see where to do that...
    01-15-2011 02:56 PM
    Hmm. How do you do this? We have 4 lines, one of which will be eligible for an upgrade on 1/17/11. How do I swap that to another phone? I just don't see where to do that...
    sign into your account and click the "Upgrade Now." It will then give you a list of all the lines on your account. Then you just swap the upgrade to another line. Hope this helps
    01-15-2011 08:09 PM
    sign into your account and click the "Upgrade Now." It will then give you a list of all the lines on your account. Then you just swap the upgrade to another line. Hope this helps
    Hmm. Perhaps that option doesn't appear until I actually have an upgrade to redeem. Currently none of my phones do until 1/17/11.
    01-15-2011 08:55 PM
    Just got back from Verizon today because i was having troubles with my Blackberry (no surprise there), anyways while i was there i decided to ask about my upgrade eligibility. I can upgrade on Feb 28th, but my dad is already eligible. I remember reading somewhere (on this forum i think) about some guy that bought an iPhone from AT&T on his wife's upgrade and then had problems switching the iPhone to his number. The plan was to just take my dad's upgrade so i could be the new kid on the black with the iPhone. I wanted to check with the Verizon people to see if this was possible so i would not end up like the other guy in the forum and have to deal with Verizon all day instead of playing with my new iPhone. The clerk was not sure so she went to ask her manager. He came to talk to me and dropped the news. Apple is not allowing the switching of ESN's. I cant use my dads upgrade to get the phone on my number. I then asked well is there anyway that since i have bought 14 phones from you guys (seriously i have) that you could shorten my contract period so i would be able to upgrade on the 10th and just sign a new contract. His response was that Apple also is not allowing Verizon to do this. So it appears that i will have to wait until the 28th now, i am not a happy camper. Anyone think they have a way around this? PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
    It wouldn't be an esn change .... it would be an alternate upgrade meaning it would never be activated on your dads line it would be activated on your line immediately. To my knowledge that is incorrect information you received.
    01-15-2011 09:07 PM
    Hmm. Perhaps that option doesn't appear until I actually have an upgrade to redeem. Currently none of my phones do until 1/17/11.
    I have no upgrades either, but it still gives me the option to click "upgrade now" ....
    01-15-2011 10:20 PM
    I have no upgrades either, but it still gives me the option to click "upgrade now" ....
    Yes, I get the option to upgrade now, but since none of my phones are ready for the upgrade discount, I do not get a button for transferring the upgrade to another phone. That would be my guess.
    01-15-2011 10:22 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD