Not happy with Apple right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No, I was actually in the middle of removing it when mg911 posted. He almost got caught up in the ban/deletions. I'd already taken care of about 8 when his post appeared. Just not worth commenting on in thread. But I do want to take this opportunity to thank you (especially you, kch50428!) for reporting spam. It definitely makes our lives easier.

nuckinfutz220

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The original poster could have just called VZW customer service and asked to move is upgrade date up. My upgrade date was 6/29/2011. I called the day after the Verizon iPhone was announced and just asked very nicely if there was any way I would be able to get the discount upgrade in time to pre-order the iPhone. They were no extra questions asked. He put me on hold for about 10 minutes, and when he came back on i got "Thank you for holding sir, I want to inform you that as of now you are eligable for an upgrade on your line"...... I was blown away that there wasnt a fuss or problem with this at all! Anyone with an account in good standing with a upgrade date a little while off should just call, be polite, and ask! It couldn't hurt, what else have you got to do?

cellphonejedi

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from Verizon today because i was having troubles with my Blackberry (no surprise there), anyways while i was there i decided to ask about my upgrade eligibility. I can upgrade on Feb 28th, but my dad is already eligible. I remember reading somewhere (on this forum i think) about some guy that bought an iPhone from AT&T on his wife's upgrade and then had problems switching the iPhone to his number. The plan was to just take my dad's upgrade so i could be the new kid on the black with the iPhone. I wanted to check with the Verizon people to see if this was possible so i would not end up like the other guy in the forum and have to deal with Verizon all day instead of playing with my new iPhone. The clerk was not sure so she went to ask her manager. He came to talk to me and dropped the news. Apple is not allowing the switching of ESN's. I cant use my dads upgrade to get the phone on my number. I then asked well is there anyway that since i have bought 14 phones from you guys (seriously i have) that you could shorten my contract period so i would be able to upgrade on the 10th and just sign a new contract. His response was that Apple also is not allowing Verizon to do this. So it appears that i will have to wait until the 28th now, i am not a happy camper. Anyone think they have a way around this? PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Here is where Im confused? Why in the world will they not do the upgrade? As long as the upgrade is on your account at the time, you can do this. If you havent used your upgrade already. Corporate stores can do alternate upgrades with a $20 fee. Being an Authorized Dealer, I always waive the fee. We get paid the same regardless.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They told you that "Apple wasn't allowing it" as a way to divert irritation and blame for something Verizon has 100% control over...basically, to keep you from getting pissy with the service guy you were talking to.

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
They told you that "Apple wasn't allowing it" as a way to divert irritation and blame for something Verizon has 100% control over...basically, to keep you from getting pissy with the service guy you were talking to.

yeah i kinda realize that. good ole verizon..some things never change. Oh well, i was able to transfer it online with my dads upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR