Basically, you would put a new contract on your mom's phone number on the account, and they'd activate the phone on your number. Easy-peasy.
    and they will do that if i go into a verizon store.. probably the corporate store..
    01-16-2011 04:35 PM
    Or on the phone with customer service/telesales.
    01-16-2011 04:49 PM
    thanks for the help, much appreciated
    01-16-2011 04:58 PM
    Hello! So glad it worked out for you!

I am in kinda the same situation. My hubby's line is eligible now. Mine 10/11.When you switched, what happened to your dad's line in regards to the date he will be able to upgrade to next? Did it make it so that his line was not eligible for an upgrade for 2 years?

TIA, sorry if I did not see if you answered this already or if my question does not make sense....
    My dads line now has my upgrade, which was feb 28th.
    daihan123 likes this.
    01-16-2011 10:02 PM
    Did you have to go on his myverizon account, or the main lines myverizon account to switch the upgrade??
    01-16-2011 10:41 PM
    Did you have to go on his myverizon account, or the main lines myverizon account to switch the upgrade??
    i had to go on his "myverizon" which is the main line so to answer your question yes you have to go to the main line.
    01-16-2011 10:57 PM
    Awesome! Thanks!
    01-17-2011 09:03 AM
    man what a pain all that is. I am thinking of an Iphone however I am on SPRINT. So I would have to switch carriers. At SPRINT you can go to any Sprint store. I have a family plan with 3 lines. When ever a line comes up for an upgrade you can get the phone you want and assign anyone of your family plan numbers to it no questions asked. That is how I get two upgrades a year. It is ashamed Verizon makes it more difficult then it should be.
    01-17-2011 04:31 PM
    man what a pain all that is. I am thinking of an Iphone however I am on SPRINT. So I would have to switch carriers. At SPRINT you can go to any Sprint store. I have a family plan with 3 lines. When ever a line comes up for an upgrade you can get the phone you want and assign anyone of your family plan numbers to it no questions asked. That is how I get two upgrades a year. It is ashamed Verizon makes it more difficult then it should be.
    What it boils down to is simple... it's their company, so they get to make the rules. As consumers, we get to vote with our wallets. Like a company or the products they offer? Become a customer (vote with your wallet)... Don't like a company, their products or their policies? Don't patronize them (vote with your wallet).
    01-17-2011 04:56 PM
    ok.. soo i got on my main line account, went to switch an upgrade to my account, but i didnt stay when i logged out and logged back in, if not i can do it right when i pre order not a big deal... any help though??
    01-18-2011 09:29 PM
    Yes I will reiterate what others have said. This has nothing to do with Apple and all to do with Verizon.
    01-19-2011 04:04 PM
    whats up with all this spam
    01-21-2011 07:34 AM
    All what spam?
    01-21-2011 07:36 AM
    All what spam?
    I bet another mod got to it before you could.... there has been quite a bit. Will likely get worse as Verizon rolls out their iPhone.
    01-21-2011 09:42 AM
    No, I was actually in the middle of removing it when mg911 posted. He almost got caught up in the ban/deletions. I'd already taken care of about 8 when his post appeared. Just not worth commenting on in thread. But I do want to take this opportunity to thank you (especially you, kch50428!) for reporting spam. It definitely makes our lives easier.
    01-21-2011 09:45 AM
    But I do want to take this opportunity to thank you (especially you, kch50428!) for reporting spam. It definitely makes our lives easier.
    Glad to help keep out the trash. Maybe I can get a mod job...
    01-21-2011 10:01 AM
    The original poster could have just called VZW customer service and asked to move is upgrade date up. My upgrade date was 6/29/2011. I called the day after the Verizon iPhone was announced and just asked very nicely if there was any way I would be able to get the discount upgrade in time to pre-order the iPhone. They were no extra questions asked. He put me on hold for about 10 minutes, and when he came back on i got "Thank you for holding sir, I want to inform you that as of now you are eligable for an upgrade on your line"...... I was blown away that there wasnt a fuss or problem with this at all! Anyone with an account in good standing with a upgrade date a little while off should just call, be polite, and ask! It couldn't hurt, what else have you got to do?
    01-21-2011 11:31 AM
    Just got back from Verizon today because i was having troubles with my Blackberry (no surprise there), anyways while i was there i decided to ask about my upgrade eligibility. I can upgrade on Feb 28th, but my dad is already eligible. I remember reading somewhere (on this forum i think) about some guy that bought an iPhone from AT&T on his wife's upgrade and then had problems switching the iPhone to his number. The plan was to just take my dad's upgrade so i could be the new kid on the black with the iPhone. I wanted to check with the Verizon people to see if this was possible so i would not end up like the other guy in the forum and have to deal with Verizon all day instead of playing with my new iPhone. The clerk was not sure so she went to ask her manager. He came to talk to me and dropped the news. Apple is not allowing the switching of ESN's. I cant use my dads upgrade to get the phone on my number. I then asked well is there anyway that since i have bought 14 phones from you guys (seriously i have) that you could shorten my contract period so i would be able to upgrade on the 10th and just sign a new contract. His response was that Apple also is not allowing Verizon to do this. So it appears that i will have to wait until the 28th now, i am not a happy camper. Anyone think they have a way around this? PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
    Here is where Im confused? Why in the world will they not do the upgrade? As long as the upgrade is on your account at the time, you can do this. If you havent used your upgrade already. Corporate stores can do alternate upgrades with a $20 fee. Being an Authorized Dealer, I always waive the fee. We get paid the same regardless.
    01-21-2011 11:40 AM
    They told you that "Apple wasn't allowing it" as a way to divert irritation and blame for something Verizon has 100% control over...basically, to keep you from getting pissy with the service guy you were talking to.
    01-21-2011 02:05 PM
    They told you that "Apple wasn't allowing it" as a way to divert irritation and blame for something Verizon has 100% control over...basically, to keep you from getting pissy with the service guy you were talking to.
    yeah i kinda realize that. good ole verizon..some things never change. Oh well, i was able to transfer it online with my dads upgrade.
    01-21-2011 06:32 PM
    Closing this thread since it since to be a favorite among spam bots... continue conversation here - http://forum.tipb.com/showthread.php...32#post1655732
    01-22-2011 10:37 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD