tip: get out of plan early to get verizon iphone?

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone:

I am a long-time Verizon user and was frustrated for years because the Iphone was not available on Verizon.

So I went with the Blackberry Storm and found it was a Natural Disaster.

Last summer, I switched to the Blackberry Bold on a 2 for 1 deal with my wife (by signing a new 2 year contract a few months early ). I knew there were rumors of Verizon getting the Iphone but those rumors were out there for years.

Does anybody know of a way to get around my 2 year contract and get a Verizon Iphone when it becomes available without breaking the bank. I can't wait another 1 1/2 to 2 years. :(

Thanks,

"Buyers Remorse!"

Last edited:

RECKLESS#AC

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
call in about and make a false story about your phone being defective if they just say tough luck and hang up call repeatedly and they will eventually give you a solution to your problem if they send you a new phone do something to damage it and say its defective as well until they offer you a new phone. works alot just make take a little time.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
call in about and make a false story about your phone being defective if they just say tough luck and hang up call repeatedly and they will eventually give you a solution to your problem if they send you a new phone do something to damage it and say its defective as well until they offer you a new phone. works alot just make take a little time.

I know I am new here so please pardon me and I hope I don't get flamed but that is the worse advice I have ever in all my years in forums ever heard someone give to another person to circumvent his ability to get out of a contract.

You really should be ashamed of yourself for not only showing what you are all about and your dishonesty but now you want to drag someone else to your level.

To the OP... Hey man suck it up and wait until your contract ends or even better if you are so hellbent on getting out of your contract then just call VZW and pay the ETF and then you will be free to jump on the iphone when available. You will also feel better that you did the right thing and not what this I won't say it other person suggested you do.

allaboutpunky

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I know I am new here so please pardon me and I hope I don't get flamed but that is the worse advice I have ever in all my years in forums ever heard someone give to another person to circumvent his ability to get out of a contract.

You really should be ashamed of yourself for not only showing what you are all about and your dishonesty but now you want to drag someone else to your level.

To the OP... Hey man suck it up and wait until your contract ends or even better if you are so hellbent on getting out of your contract then just call VZW and pay the ETF and then you will be free to jump on the iphone when available. You will also feel better that you did the right thing and not what this I won't say it other person suggested you do.

AGREED! And we wonder why so many of us with legit issues have so many problems getting a replacement~!

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

wow that is terrible. People like you are the reason prices remain so high. smh

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
AGREED! And we wonder why so many of us with legit issues have so many problems getting a replacement~!
Like I said I know I just joined but I currently own a BB Tour and will be eligible in March and that is when I will go to the VZW where I live to buy a new iphone but I have been a registered user at CrackBerry for years and have never heard such a thing like I said. I am glad to hear others feel like me.
wow that is terrible. People like you are the reason prices remain so high. smh

Shipwresler being new and just signed up I want to thank you for you giving me my first thanks here for this post. It is unreal that anyone and I know what I would really like to call him but I am bigger than that would give such advice and I hope a forum Mod reads it and censors this person for putting such a comment on a 1st class forum like this one.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Like I said I know I just joined but I currently own a BB Tour and will be eligible in March and that is when I will go to the VZW where I live to buy a new iphone but I have been a registered user at CrackBerry for years and have never heard such a thing like I said. I am glad to hear others feel like me.

Shipwresler being new and just signed up I want to thank you for you giving me my first thanks here for this post. It is unreal that anyone and I know what I would really like to call him but I am bigger than that would give such advice and I hope a forum Mod reads it and censors this person for putting such a comment on a 1st class forum like this one.

No problem and its terrible people are always looking to cheat someone out but then they complain about prices. If you arent due for an upgrade either pay full retail or wait your contract out. People just feel they should be given whatever they want as soon as they want it. What a shame

goathog02

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Op. As the primary line, you can upgrade after 12 months when you have a 2 year contact. Called a anual upgrade.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Op. As the primary line, you can upgrade after 12 months when you have a 2 year contact. Called a anual upgrade.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

And you have this info from where?? I think that if this were true and i am wrong there would be a heck of a lot of people doing this but when I log into MY Verizon the Meter for upgrades tells me I have 2 months left and oh yeh I called VZW yesterday to verify this and that was the info given to me by 2 reps.

I would love to know where you obtained this upgrade after 1 year.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
No problem and its terrible people are always looking to cheat someone out but then they complain about prices. If you arent due for an upgrade either pay full retail or wait your contract out. People just feel they should be given whatever they want as soon as they want it. What a shame

Or as I mentioned in my previous post also...step up and pay the ETF.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I don't want to get all moral with you, but...

What is it with people scheming to cheat their way out of an agreement that they willingly made? You agreed to the deal, and now you want something that you aren't entitled to, so you are trying to weasel your way out. Man up and let your word (and signature) stand for something.

It also happens to constitute fraud...

Flame away.

Last edited:

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
And you have this info from where?? I think that if this were true and i am wrong there would be a heck of a lot of people doing this but when I log into MY Verizon the Meter for upgrades tells me I have 2 months left and oh yeh I called VZW yesterday to verify this and that was the info given to me by 2 reps.

I would love to know where you obtained this upgrade after 1 year.

A lot of people do actually do this. If you have a NE2 plan, the primary line on the plan gets an upgrade at the upgrade price after one year, even though Verizon's site says otherwise. Verizon has it there, but would prefer you don't know about it, as it saves them money. To test it out, sign in on your Verizon, then go to Upgrade Device for your number (if you're the primary). Select a random phone, such as a Droid, and stick it in your cart. You should see that you can purchase it at that discounted upgrade price if you've had the plan for over a year. As of January 16th, though, this will be gone, but my understanding is those who have NE2 plans right now are grandfathered in, but once you take that last annual upgrade you no longer get it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to get all moral with you, but...

What is it with people scheming to cheat their way out of an agreement that they willingly made? You agreed to the deal, and now you want something that you aren't entitled to, so you are trying to weasel your way out. Man up and let your word (and signature) stand for something.

It also happens to constitute fraud...

Flame away.

Keep something in mind OK... The person you posted to was the one that gave this poor advice to the OP who asked the question. I just wanted to claify that for you although your comments are still right on the money and your point is still on with the rest of us...:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people do actually do this. If you have a NE2 plan, the primary line on the plan gets an upgrade at the upgrade price after one year, even though Verizon's site says otherwise. Verizon has it there, but would prefer you don't know about it, as it saves them money. To test it out, sign in on your Verizon, then go to Upgrade Device for your number (if you're the primary). Select a random phone, such as a Droid, and stick it in your cart. You should see that you can purchase it at that discounted upgrade price if you've had the plan for over a year. As of January 16th, though, this will be gone, but my understanding is those who have NE2 plans right now are grandfathered in, but once you take that last annual upgrade you no longer get it.

I will be glad to do as you suggest because I have been told different by the reps and I believe that I have done before as you are suggesting and am almost sure I could not get a discounted price. As a matter of fact i think I will go do it right now and be right back to let you know... Hang in there.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I will be glad to do as you suggest because I have been told different by the reps and I believe that I have done before as you are suggesting and am almost sure I could not get a discounted price. As a matter of fact i think I will go do it right now and be right back to let you know... Hang in there.

Hopefully it's there! I've done this in the past, so I know it's real ;)

Plus, to be honest, what do the reps really know? I've gone in there and positively schooled them on basic BlackBerry knowledge, and one rep tried to sell me an Android phone (I was in getting a replacement 'Berry) and assured me that Hell would freeze over before Verizon got the iPhone... lol!

Last edited:

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
they are eliminating the NEW every 2 after jan 16 so if you sign a 2 year contract you no longer can upgrade at 12 months like you used to be able to do

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

These are the 2 things i just received after your suggestion:

Your Wireless Number(s)Eligible?941-xxx-xxxxNot yet, eligible on 03/12/2011

Also this is what My Verzon shows:

BlackBerry? Tour? 9630 smartphone Upgrade at Full Price and then there is the bar that shows I have 1 month left so it will not allow me to put anything in a cart less then full price and this is what I thought and knew all along.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice