tip: get out of plan early to get verizon iphone?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
they are eliminating the NEW every 2 after jan 16 so if you sign a 2 year contract you no longer can upgrade at 12 months like you used to be able to do
Agreed and read my post of my findings from justgoing to My Verizon
Hopefully it's there! I've done this in the past, so I know it's real ;)

Plus, to be honest, what do the reps really know? I've gone in there and positively schooled them on basic BlackBerry knowledge, and one rep tried to sell me an Android phone (I was in getting a replacement 'Berry) and assured me that Hell would freeze over before Verizon got the iPhone... lol!

Well I just did what you said and you can see my results on page 3 here.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
These are the 2 things i just received after your suggestion:

Your Wireless Number(s)Eligible?941-445-2150 Not yet, eligible on 03/12/2011

Also this is what My Verzon shows:

BlackBerry? Tour? 9630 smartphone Upgrade at Full Price and then there is the bar that shows I have 1 month left so it will not allow me to put anything in a cart less then full price and this is what I thought and knew all along.

That's so bizarre, because when the primary on my family's NE2 logs in, it shows she can purchase a new phone at the upgrade price, even though our plan's not up until August 2011 and our 20 months up in April. It's shown this for years, as last year I used it to get myself a BlackBerry... (boy was that a mistake)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That's so bizarre, because when the primary on my family's NE2 logs in, it shows she can purchase a new phone at the upgrade price, even though our plan's not up until August 2011 and our 20 months up in April. It's shown this for years, as last year I used it to get myself a BlackBerry... (boy was that a mistake)

Don't know what to tell you but this is what I found out and what I already knew so hey no big deal, I can wait the month for sure.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I would just sell your current phones to cut the cost of buying an iPhone with no new contract IF Verizon even allows that come launch time.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know I am new here so please pardon me and I hope I don't get flamed but that is the worse advice I have ever in all my years in forums ever heard someone give to another person to circumvent his ability to get out of a contract.

You really should be ashamed of yourself for not only showing what you are all about and your dishonesty but now you want to drag someone else to your level.

To the OP... Hey man suck it up and wait until your contract ends or even better if you are so hellbent on getting out of your contract then just call VZW and pay the ETF and then you will be free to jump on the iphone when available. You will also feel better that you did the right thing and not what this I won't say it other person suggested you do.

Agreed.

call in about and make a false story about your phone being defective if they just say tough luck and hang up call repeatedly and they will eventually give you a solution to your problem if they send you a new phone do something to damage it and say its defective as well until they offer you a new phone. works alot just make take a little time.

and we wonder why prices go up or services change for the worse.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Danegre

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I called verizon in December about problems with my Droid X, I don't like it. Running stock with two or three applications installed the phone locks up, freezes, or locks up then restarts. Or now restarts randomly, even in the middle of texting. I called them and they had me do some resets to the phone, nothing, uninstalled and re installed stuff, nothing. I know people who exchanged their droid x for another, and have the same issues. So I told them I am not accepting a replacement that will most likely have the same issue. Plus lack of updates to the phone is a real turn off.

My upgrade date WAS july 2012. A lady said she would call me on Feb 10th to order the Iphone, she never called. She never marked it in my account even though she said she got it approved.

A few days after the 10th, I called verizon. I asked the lady what was the chances of getting my upgrade date changed, or I am going to jump to ATT and get the iphone. She put mt on hold, stated her manager was changing the upgrade date to July 2011. They took a full year off. I'll get the iphone 5 hopefully if its out.

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Some of you need to relax. Don't anyone believe for a minute that people manipulating the contract bs are keeping prices high. We are getting racked for cell phone service and would be the same if nobody got replacement phones. If you believe otherwise your nuts.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Some of you need to relax. Don't anyone believe for a minute that people manipulating the contract bs are keeping prices high. We are getting racked for cell phone service and would be the same if nobody got replacement phones. If you believe otherwise your nuts.

So you're saying that the cost of VZW or ATT doing business have nothing to do with the prices they charge? Way not true. Cost of doing business is a huge factor in the equation... and people finding ways around the rules definitely affect their cost of doing business...just like shoplifting and fraud drive up the price of goods and services in retail, the same is true here.

To think differently is simply not thinking correctly.

rjdangerous

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So you're saying that the cost of VZW or ATT doing business have nothing to do with the prices they charge? Way not true. Cost of doing business is a huge factor in the equation... and people finding ways around the rules definitely affect their cost of doing business...just like shoplifting and fraud drive up the price of goods and services in retail, the same is true here.

To think differently is simply not thinking correctly.

You keep believing that.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You keep believing that.

Or, you could start your own cellular service company and see how constantly giving away discounted handsets don't affect your profitability... just ask the old AT&T Wireless how that worked out for them... you could call them up, and if you asked enough or asked the right way, you could get a discount... until they had millions of customers while hemorrhaging red ink... and now they are no longer around... swallowed up by a competitor who righted the ship (Cingular, which was later rebranded to AT&T Mobility).

Last edited:

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Now this is a little less severe, but my contract is up on March 17th 2011, and it's honestly too long for me to wait to get the iPhone. I called up Apple and told them my situation and they said that I should call Verizon and they think that they will hopefully let me end my contract early if I say i want to get the iPhone. But I know it depends sometimes on the rep so if that doesn't work; any ideas?

p08757

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Here are the ONLY ways to get a new phone while you have not reached the end of your 24 month contract:

#1 -- Buy at Full Retail Price
#2 -- If your account is grandfathered in -- Primary line can upgrade after 12 months of service.
#3 -- Add an additional line to family share plan.
#4 -- You should be able to upgrade on Month 20 of a 2 year contract, or month 10 on a 1 year contract with signing a new 1 or 2 year contract.

For #3 you can reduce your costs by moving an old "Dumb Phone" to your new line and move your new device to the line you really wanted to upgrade.

From experience those are the only legal ways to get a new phone before your 24 month contract has expired.

Almost forgot #5. End your contract and pay the ETF. You are now free to open a new line of service.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any luck getting their date bumped earlier by asking? I'm up the 31st of April and my BlackBerry (5th one in a year and a half) is kicking the bucket... I want to call but if it's hopeless then I don't really wanna waste my time, haha.

It's really sad when you're 3/4 of the way done with your two year plan and your phone is still under warranty :(

cmpdblue

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Now this is a little less severe, but my contract is up on March 17th 2011, and it's honestly too long for me to wait to get the iPhone. I called up Apple and told them my situation and they said that I should call Verizon and they think that they will hopefully let me end my contract early if I say i want to get the iPhone. But I know it depends sometimes on the rep so if that doesn't work; any ideas?

I think if you called Verizon, they might let you upgrade early. I think Verizon did a big disservice to their customers by waiting so late to announce the iPhone. Lots of people upgrade during the holiday season. I think a lot of folks did just that, then found themselves locked in a new contract just in time for the launch of the iPhone. I'm sure that accounts for Verizon's iPhone sales falling short of their expectation on the official launch day.

Now that the dust has settled, I think folks that are within a year of their contract end date might be able to sweet-talk Verizon into letting them upgrade early.

That's just my opinion though ;)

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
call in about and make a false story about your phone being defective if they just say tough luck and hang up call repeatedly and they will eventually give you a solution to your problem if they send you a new phone do something to damage it and say its defective as well until they offer you a new phone. works alot just make take a little time.

Cannot believe you actually put this out there. :eek:

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I think if you called Verizon, they might let you upgrade early. I think Verizon did a big disservice to their customers by waiting so late to announce the iPhone. Lots of people upgrade during the holiday season. I think a lot of folks did just that, then found themselves locked in a new contract just in time for the launch of the iPhone. I'm sure that accounts for Verizon's iPhone sales falling short of their expectation on the official launch day.

Now that the dust has settled, I think folks that are within a year of their contract end date might be able to sweet-talk Verizon into letting them upgrade early.

That's just my opinion though ;)

I called my local Verizon store and i explained that my contract is up on March 17th and i was wondering if there was anyway they can let me upgrade sooner so i can get the iPhone and she gave me a BS excuse. She said something like 'we normally dont let people upgrade soon with Apple phones, sorry' but she's dumb. First of all, 'Apple phones'? im pretty sure apple only sells iPhones and im pretty sure Verizon only says the iPhone 4, so don't try to sound all proper cause you're making yourself sound stupid. Second, when she said 'we dont normally' it makes it seem like they've had the iPhone there for a long time and it's just not normal to upgrade to an iPhone early. They've had the iPhone for 2 weeks, give me a break. Finally, i called Apple before hand and they said that as long as Verizon lets me upgrade, they'll sell it to me, and even the rep from apple was pretty certain that they'll let me upgrade early, i mean, it's 3 weeks away, it's not that far away in the sense where they can let me upgrade early, but too long in the sense that i don't want to wait that long for my iPhone. I think i'm just gonna keep calling and hope for other people, or go inside in person and see what happens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice