Fire/Ems/SAR/PD

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm a LEO...and i use my iPhone all the time in my cruiser for internet tethering...other than that, texting and personal phone calls are usually the only other function it plays while on duty. I have a blackberry Curve work phone that i use for everything work related...

As far as apps for on the job stuff...i don't really use any because notations, reports, incident stuff is all within the system, and done on my tough book that is mounted in the car...if i need notes in the field, i learned a LONNNNNG time ago to keep paper notes for legal reasons...everything electronic can be traced, and sometimes notes don't need to be traced.

My cruiser has a GPS system inside of it too, so i don't need that either from either phone...though i do use MotionX in my civilian car.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Citrix receiver, team viewer...other Apple built in programs like Safari and such. But the small screen sucks at times. But it works in a pinch.

buggyman

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Also a LEO, I work at a high school. Find myself using podcasts a lot to listen to iphone live and android central. Have the Evo. I dont use apps for work. like stated above. If I was back on Patrol I would use the GPS.

chemtc73

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I use Wiser, 911 toolkit, a form of the NIOSH pocketguide, and a firepump calculator. Oh and I also use a shift calendar (testing out the lite version of the IAFF pro calendar).

emtal233

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I use the Paramedic protocols app and micromedex, and epocrates. Maps app comes in handy sometimes on a run and my favorite is the psych drugs app to look up different affects of psychiatric meds and it's a free app.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I am in LE-criminal prosector. I have the Illinois Statutes app-easy to look up sections-better than having to lug around the book-problem is it hasn't been updated so the new 2011 laws aren't there. Maybe there's a better one for NY. I also use Chicago Breaking News to see what might be coming into court on a given day and Maps to get get a better idea of a crime scene. FastCase is a good one for current case law.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I do SAR & a few other 1st responder things and actually use the built in compass. I've also used the clock - timer function when training my troops to use PPE's. No real apps.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm an LEO soon transitioning to the iPhone currently with an EVO. I use firehouse scheduler. It's a godsend for scheduling appointments and the like. We have a screwed up schedule and being able to look three months ahead to make a doctors appointment is very nice. I use podcast apps constantly and pandora/slacker to make long nightshifts go by. And then google maps for finding oddball addresses on calls.

Biggest app I am looking for to is the NC statutes app. Being able to have that in my pocket will be very very very nice.

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm an LEO soon transitioning to the iPhone currently with an EVO. I use firehouse scheduler. It's a godsend for scheduling appointments and the like. We have a screwed up schedule and being able to look three months ahead to make a doctors appointment is very nice. I use podcast apps constantly and pandora/slacker to make long nightshifts go by. And then google maps for finding oddball addresses on calls.

Biggest app I am looking for to is the NC statutes app. Being able to have that in my pocket will be very very very nice.

They have the NC statutes but you have to pay for them...

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I work for a hospital based flight service, I use AeroWeather all the time to get METAR information from the airports in our service area. I also use the local news app to keep a watch at whats going on around the area.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
As Sean said in your other thread - if there are no further answers, there are no further answers. Bumping serves no purpose.

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow you people on here have some issues. So if a thread dies down cause noone replys just let it go? Come i have seen all of you start up or bump threads also...WOW..You make wanting to me a member of this forum no fun anymore.....Sorry but come on....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When you're simply bumping it to increase your post count and keep it at the top of the forum, it quickly becomes annoying and redundant. I personally considered both of your posts quite relevant and good, but when they die, come up with something that is equally as relevant and post something new.

Of course you've seen us "start up" threads, but i guarantee you that you've never seen me "bump" a thread because its simply post whoring, and i have enough to discuss in active threads to where i don't need to, as does 90% of this website. To be honest, you're the ONLY person since i've joined this site (outside of spammers) that has done this in this particular sub forum...sooooo...

Bottom line man, i can see you're trying to start up some good convo's, i don't think anyone is trying to make you leave or WANT to leave...we're just trying to throw some forum etiquette your way is all.

Last edited:

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I dont care about my post count so they can take them all away i could care less...Post whoring? Cool....WOW well im done with this site..Now ill sit back and watch all the "forum police" to come by and say something but when i did in another post of mine i get 10 points lmao what a joke.....