Folders for saved email

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to add folders to save your mail in? All I have are inbox, sent and trash. I want to save an email that I have to mail out everyday. I would like to be able to pull up the saved email and just resend instead of having to type the same thing over everyday and sending.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
On the "mailboxes" page go the specific account and you can view folders for said account there. I don't think you can create folders on the iPhone but you can see folders on the mail server.

Who is your email provider?

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
If you create folders on your host account they will appear on the iPhone on the specific account folders, if you make a saved mail folder, it will appear in your account on your phone, if it does not, delete the account from your phone and add it again, and it should be there

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I use Microsoft Outlook on my laptop with a POP3 and SMTP account, which syncs contacts, calender, etc.. to my iPhone. I don't use any hotmail, yahoo, or any other web based mails. I set the POP3 accounts on my iPhone.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Well Outlook is not an email service provider, it's an email client. POP3 and STMP are email delievery/send protocols.

Who is providing you the domain? Are you hosting your own? When you setup your email on the iPhone how did you do it?

If you make the folder on the server it should show up on the iPhone. Although I don't know about POP3 folders.

Last edited:

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I understand if you use a web based email such as yahoo, gmail, then your folders will sync, but I don't use a web based email. I use my RoadRunner account from TWC. It is a pop3 mail account and uses POP3 and SMTP servers from an e-mail client. I may try to log onto RR's webbased e-mail and see if that helps. So I guess my answer is NO you can't create a folder within the mail app.

e1miran

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Correct. You can't create a folder within the mail app. You will have to access RR from their client and add the folder, unless you can create it in Outlook. However, I can't remember if you have that level of control with POP3.

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it is possible with pop3. I already logged on RR webmail, added a folder, deleted my RR pop account on iPhone, readded account, and the folder did not populate.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
One of the drawbacks of POP3, I'd just setup a gmail account on exchange if it's something that you really need to have

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73