Landscape keyboard question and easy way to Jailbreak?

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok im new to all this.

1) Why when iam in certain areas and i go to turn the phone sideways to type it wont do it for me? If there a setting for it?

2) I want to jailbreak my 3gs but to me it looks like alot to do is there a easey way to do this or?

Remember im new to all this....

Thanks...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
What do you mean when you're in certain areas? You can type in landscape in Boston, but not Chicago?

If you're this new to it, don't even look at jailbreaking yet. First get to know what your iPhone can do for you all on its own.

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok all i did was ask a question i was not looking for ball busting..SORRY if i put it down wrong...I ment in some areas on the phone like when im trying to reply on facebook it does it.....

I just wanna know if there is a easer way to JB or not and how hard this really is...

Thanks...

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I think the landscape typing is determined by the developers of the app itself ... For instance, when the devs made the FaceBook app, if they didn't incorporate landscape typing, then it won't work - whereas with twitter, if I remember correctly, the devs allow you to type landscape. Aside from the third party apps, all normal Apple stock apps will allow you to type landscape (mail, text, notes, safari, etc.)

For JailBreaking ... it can be hard, depending what iOS you're running. Right now, there's no easy jailbreak release for 4.2.1 - you'll just have to wait that one out like most of us.

Aside from that, welcome to the iPhone community. :)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you happen to be on 4.0 or 4.0.1, you can use jailbreakme.com to do the trick. Couldn't be easier; just visit the that address on your phone and swipe the bar. If you're on anything else, I'd recommend visiting jailbreakmatrix.com to see what will work for you.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
@emscapt47 Didn't mean to bust your balls, but it's really hard to help you when you're that vague.

As others have now answered, being able to type in landscape mode depends entirely on whether the application uses landscape. Some allow you a choice, others require portrait, others require only landscape.

I would still stay away from jailbreaking altogether until you are totally comfortable with the iPhone out of the box. It may do everything you want it to do.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I do have to admit Alli's first comment was pretty damn funny ball busting aside Lol it's nice to see some humor in here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh