Will Verizon allow unlimited data price for iPhone?

lr_zuber

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
IF they do not stick with $30/unlimited data, would one on a $30/unlimited BB plan be grandfathered in, or would they not as it's a "BB" plan and not a general smartphone?

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
IF they do not stick with $30/unlimited data, would one on a $30/unlimited BB plan be grandfathered in, or would they not as it's a "BB" plan and not a general smartphone?

That's a good question, I don't see them doing that with the iPhone being a new device and most people are going to have to switch their plans but it would be nice for us who have had Blackberry's for years and now Android devices with unlimited plans to be able to keep them.

Like I know AT&T has their data plans for Blackberry and different plans for iPhones. Verizon might do something like that. I was kind of hoping we would have that information when the device was offically announced but they are keeping us all in limbo till teh end of the month.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
With all of that said, nobody know what they will do. It's all speculation, and no need to get your panties in a wad over something that may or may not happen. We'll know for sure in a few weeks.

MiXoLoGiSt

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I think if they do change the data plans for the iPhone they would grandfather in the current VZW customers that have Unlimited Smartphone Data for $30/month. AT&T grandfathered in their customers that already had unlimited data when they announced their new iPhone Data Plan prices.

If Verizon does not grandfather in its current customers that already have Unlimited Smartphone Data for $30/month... they will have a lot of pissed off people to deal with.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
With all of that said, nobody know what they will do. It's all speculation, and no need to get your panties in a wad over something that may or may not happen. We'll know for sure in a few weeks.

It's a discussion forum, thats why we are discussing it. If we already knew the answer there would be no point in the fourm.

I think we all know the information has not been released yet. Just saying

Reactions: shipwrestler125

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Regardless of what they do for price, I believe they will grandfather in anyone on an unlimited plan and possibly have the 2 or 5 GB cap ... And it's being said "androids use more data" according to reports there are 9 million android users ... There were 13 million iPhone 4's sold on AT&T since last July on one network !

Big Red Wilk have numbers similar to this, think of that strain on the network all at once or as fast as they can sell the phones .... Verizon isn't saying what the data plans are for a reason

But we all will see here in a few weeks

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of what they do for price, I believe they will grandfather in anyone on an unlimited plan and possibly have the 2 or 5 GB cap ... And it's being said "androids use more data" according to reports there are 9 million android users ... There were 13 million iPhone 4's sold on AT&T since last July on one network !

Big Red Wilk have numbers similar to this, think of that strain on the network all at once or as fast as they can sell the phones .... Verizon isn't saying what the data plans are for a reason

But we all will see here in a few weeks

I dont think verizon will sell as many as that for one simple reason. Many people are still in mid contract and dont want to break contract and have to buy a new phone from another carrier. Im sure they will sell alot but I dont see them selling as many that quick I mean verizon has more choices the only reason at&t sold so many was because the iphone was the only true choice they had since at&t only cared about the iphone.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Bottom line, I believe that they will leave the $30/unlimited plan up at least for a little while. Like has been mentioned, they are looking for any way to screw AT&T. Also the fact of the matter is that they never once changed the data plan when android came onto the scene and Android/Google os is one power hungry sucker. I have been with Big Red for over 10 years now and had an unlimited data plan with them for 5 with an android device for almost 2 of those 5 years. If AT&T allowed some of their users to be grandfathered into unlimited data with AT&T being the most strained network in the US, then you can bet your bottom buck that Verizon will at least match them with that. So don't sweat it, if your with Verizon you will probably be grandfathered into your current plan. Otherwise jump ship while the deals are sweet because you never know what Verizon has in store with all of the recent changes. For now though, $30/unlimited for sure.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly the original unlimited plan for the iPhone was $45. I would not be surprised to see it go that way. I don't see them letting the $29.99 plan slide for the iPhone. But it would be nice if they did.

you realize android phones use more data than the iphone so having the 29.99 a month unlimited would lure alot of customers in. I think they will keep it until they tier it with 4g which im fine sticking with 3g for awhile

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro