Will Verizon allow unlimited data price for iPhone?

Enzo83

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I am loving the fact that the iPhone is coming to Verizon!! I have been with Verizon for about 4 years now. Love them. No problems (Well I can't speak the same for those LG phones lol).

Anyway I have been worried lately because I read rumors that Verizon will keep unlimited pricing plan for the iPhone ($30) to compete with AT&T and make them all sorts of jealous and gain new customers, etc. I also heard from a co-worker that she overheard a rep at Verizon mention to two other people in the store that they may make the data price $60 for the iPhone--I assume this would be unlimited.

To me I find it ridiculous and careless for Verizon to not give us a chance to be grandfathered into $30 unlimited for iPhone use. They should make a deadline to begin a tiered data pricing structure maybe a month or two after the release of the iPhone. That would be much better than slap us in the face with having to pay more for the iPhone--which is just like the other smartphones. It's just a 3g phone and 4gLTE is coming so that makes sense to charge more for those devices. Yea thanks for giving us the iPhone, and I would love to get it ASAP, but would you buy an iPhone if they increased or put a tiered price on data? I am confused with how they would do this. Someone please clear this up...I know nothing has been announced yet, which is weird, but a better idea would help me. :)

Enzo83

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So what do you think they may do? I really hope we can use our $30 for the iPhone--and the suckers who don't jump onto Verizon cannot be grandfathered in. We deserve it you know? :) I won't get the iPhone if they have to make me pay more for it. Would just be stooooopid!!

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So what do you think they may do? I really hope we can use our $30 for the iPhone--and the suckers who don't jump onto Verizon cannot be grandfathered in. We deserve it you know? :) I won't get the iPhone if they have to make me pay more for it. Would just be stooooopid!!

If I remember correctly the original unlimited plan for the iPhone was $45. I would not be surprised to see it go that way. I don't see them letting the $29.99 plan slide for the iPhone. But it would be nice if they did.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'll really be shocked if they keep it at $30... they'll be doing everything in their power to keep the data hogs away

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Idk i emailed verizon a few days back and they said they had no notification that they would be getting rid of unlimited data atleast not til 4g and even if they did you would be grandfathered in if you had the unlimited data now. The iphone uses no more data than current android phones so i wouldnt see why they would need to change for now. Once 4g is out thats a different story

rich13er

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
There was a article a little while back that show that droid users used more data than iPhone users. That being the case and verizon trying to pull AT&T users away I have a feeling they will stick with the $30 unlimited pricing or be within that by $5 either way.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There was a article a little while back that show that droid users used more data than iPhone users. That being the case and verizon trying to pull AT&T users away I have a feeling they will stick with the $30 unlimited pricing or be within that by $5 either way.

Agree verizon waited years to release this so they could make sure their network could handle it not to mention the fact that if android users jump ship, since the android phones use more data that will eliminate some of the data usage. Not to mention offering unlimited data would be a huge luring factor for new customers.

ogoonie

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep. But go over the 5gb limit and see what happens.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5 gigs on air cards and completely unlimited on the device itself.

I use about 6-7 gigs a month on my Droid X currently. I use wireless tether when I am on the go and have never gotten anything from vzw or any additional charges.

Im sure if you used more than 10 gigs or so consistently then you could see an issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh