16GB or 32GB ... which one ya gettin???

16GB or 32GB? Which one will you be purchasing?

• 16GB

Votes: 74 38.7%
  • 32GB

Votes: 117 61.3%

• Total voters

Enzo83

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The smartest move is just to get a 32--because the bigger the better--as they say. The more the merrier. And best of all, you're getting a beautiful phone and spending a lot on it, so I say go big or go home!! :) (I went from an 8gb 2gen ipod touch to a 32GB iPod 4gen--amazing btw) and I have a lot more space now than before (obviously), but the point is that it just feels better knowing I spent 100 bucks more getting the 32GB iPhone rather than a 16....plus hopefully I can use my NE2 credit towards it, one, last, time lol.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Question: Will a 32 hold its resale more than a 16? Or do they both depreciate equally?

I would think that the 32GB would have better resale value. And if the next step is a 64GB iPhone no one is going to want the 16GB and I would think they are going to go cheap.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to get the 32 gb just to make sure I have enough room for all my songs, apps, videos, and whatever else I feel like putting on there. I have an 8gb ipod nano right now that I keep having to remove songs from because it keeps getting full and I would like to not have to worry about removing songs when I get the iPhone. I'll be using my iPhone as my full-time ipod since my ipod nano doesnt fit all my songs and it's on it's deathbed as the screen stopped lighting up :( I'm sure the 16gb would be enough but I'd rather have more space than less.

kittykatta

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I learned my lesson with the 16GB iPad(12.6GB usable space). So 32GB for sure on the iPhone. It just doesn't make sense to skimp. Especially considering we cant upgrade until Oct 2012 when both the iPhone 5 AND IPhone 6 will already be released.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
@Urkel

I get new phones all the time. Basically a new phone every 3 months or so. If you take care of your phone you can sell it, pay full retail for the new phone with the difference being what an upgrade costs. I cant promise this will happen every time..... but I have always done pretty well.

I cant imagine having the same phone for 20 months to 2 years... but then, I am a cell phone whore. :)

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
why buy bigger if you going to upgrade every year

Resale value. Larger capacity phones of the same model tend to hold their value the best.

Bigger isnt the reason I upgrade.... its for something better or to be honest, I just get plain bored. I know.... its a sickness. I cant help myself. :D

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Resale value. Larger capacity phones of the same model tend to hold their value the best.

Bigger isnt the reason I upgrade.... its for something better or to be honest, I just get plain bored. I know.... its a sickness. I cant help myself. :D

Exactly! I have gotten a new phone every 6 months for years.

There are many of us sick ;) people out there. Lol

I'm going to buy the 32 gig and when the next version for Verizon comes out I will get that one also. Electronic devices are my drug of choice!

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There are gonna be a TON of smartphones for sale on eBay in the first two weeks of Feb. I just might wait until the end of Feb or Early Mar to sell my Droid Pro.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You'll see a i4 32GB used sell for anywhere from $400-600 as of right now... maybe more... rather be a little low on my figures... look at this way.. sold 16GB 3GS after i4 was announced last year for $300... that was $100 than i paid for it. . .

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2