Cannot decide between iPhone and Droid Bionic

nibbz430

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I understand spec wise, the Droid Bionic beats the iPhone as far as its network capabilities go (Bionic will be on 4G). The Bionic also boasts a Dual Core Processor and a 4.3 inch screen.

Now, as is the norm, apple will release the next iPhone this summer, although it is unconfirmed as to whether or not Verizon will get it right away or if verizon customers will have to wait until February of next year considering the iPhone 4 is coming this Feb. It is safe to assume however that the iPhone (4G, 5, etc) will be release on both networks this summer. This bothers me because within 5 months, the iPhone 4 will be dated and replaced and I will be in the same place I was when I got a Droid last June with my device being replaced with newer, better devices. I don't want that to happen again, but the iPhone is so enticing.

I've always wanted an iPhone. I think all the apps are much higher quality than those on android, and I also think the iPhone just looks sleeker, nicer, and runs smoother. I love that it is an iPod as well considering there aren't many or any good music players on android.

However when I made got a Droid last June, I really fell in love with the Android OS. Widgets and having a lot of information available to me before I open an app is really nice and is something I love about android. I'm having a really hard time trying to decide so I'm posting this on an iPhone forum and a Droid forum to get opinions from both sides.

Thank you for your responses and please try not to bash the other phone in the process of making your argument as both are very high quality devices.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm also a droid user, but my advice would be to wait. See what iOS 5 has to offer come spring when they preview it and come June when the iPhone 5 comes out. There is talk that the home button may be removed and the only way to use the device is with a touch screen.

You are right on when you say the iPhone runs faster and such. I don't even use the music player on android, even the leaked one. Been thinking of getting a touch and just use that for my media.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If the iPhone 5 comes with a larger screen I would get it even if they remove the home button. But if the screen remains the same size bionic here I come

durangojim#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I feel pretty much the same way you do. What I'm going to do is purchase and iphone and either keep or sell my Incredible (it's got a broken screen right now but still works). When the Bionic comes out, I'll check that out and then sell or keep the iphone. I figure if you sell it before the iphone 5 or 4.5 comes out I won't be out much money.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just my opnion but yes the Boinic has great specs and I'm sure it will be a very good device. It looks like its going to have the best of the best in it. I just feel like android is sluggish and has these little bugs that never go away. That's reason why I left Blackberry to get away from all the little bugs. But it seems like android just has different ones. I know nothing is perfect but the iphones that I have had have been smooth responsive and working very well. My thinking is that the Verizon version will be the same way. At least I'm hoping so. ;)

rich13er

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
The Bionic specs look awesome. I love the functionality of Apple products and the design seems always spot on. If the Iphone was notbeing released on Verizon I would choose the Bionic. the dual core procesor being the deciding factor of the other 4g models out there.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You also have to take into consideration that with 4g they may do away with unlimited data and may charge higher prices. But it is all a matter of what works best and meets the needs you have for the phone

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You also have to take into consideration that with 4g they may do away with unlimited data and may charge higher prices. But it is all a matter of what works best and meets the needs you have for the phone

I did hear that the packages for data use on the 4G would be a little higher that the standard service now. I live in an area that has no 4G service yet and not expected till the end of the year or early next year. Why would anyone want to pay for a device that requires extra fees for the 4G service that you can't use all the time unless you live in an area that already has it.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I did hear that the packages for data use on the 4G would be a little higher that the standard service now. I live in an area that has no 4G service yet and not expected till the end of the year or early next year. Why would anyone want to pay for a device that requires extra fees for the 4G service that you can't use all the time unless you live in an area that already has it.

i agree 100% with that most people wont get 4g but I guess its just they like to say my phone is 4g. For me I will stick with iphone and 3g until 4g is more widespread, because I'm not going to have to pay for a service that isnt even available in my area.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well It will all come down to price for me android does have its bugs along with the uncertainty of updates. But I'm hoping gingerbread will help but I love the consistancy of the iPhone

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well It will all come down to price for me android does have its bugs along with the uncertainty of updates. But I'm hoping gingerbread will help but I love the consistancy of the iPhone

gingerbread isnt going to help i mean they already have the next 3 updates in the works and people dont even have gingerbread this is going to continue to happen as I dont see google changing its ways. Atleast with apple everyone knows they get the updates at the same time and not have to wait months or not even get the updates at all

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
gingerbread isnt going to help i mean they already have the next 3 updates in the works and people dont even have gingerbread this is going to continue to happen as I dont see google changing its ways. Atleast with apple everyone knows they get the updates at the same time and not have to wait months or not even get the updates at all

Heck! They promised the 2.2 update for the Samsung Fascinate before the end of 2010 and they still don't have it. :rolleyes:

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Heck! They promised the 2.2 update for the Samsung Fascinate before the end of 2010 and they still don't have it. :rolleyes:

yes i know i had the fascinate and got rid of it. Google doesnt care about fragmentation all they care about is making money and expect people to continue buying new phones every few months. Apple has a set schedule for updates and releases

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

What r u taking about I was saying I hope 2.3 helps with the lags and inconsistent nature of android. Now updates take that up with the manufacturer not Google. If you don't like how Samsung treats its customers don't buy their product. But in no way is that Google's fault. But updates and support is one reason I want an iPhone I know I can but it and over a year from now I will get an update. It may not have all the features but the support is their.

allaboutpunky

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I think once you want an iPhone, you will always want one. And you will keep searching for the next best Android device, but your desire for the iPhone will never go away. I have an original Droid, and an iPod touch, and other than the phone aspect, I use my touch for almost everything. Plus the possible loss of the unlimited plan pretty much seals the deal for me. I have gotten really tired of force closes and major lag on my droid. It's almost as bad as having to pull the battery on my blackberry.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Right now 2.2 does the job for me. I see no reason to rush out 2.3. To be honest you don't have to rush out and get every single update right away. If what you are using works fine, then leve well enough alone. It has to do with the skins these manufacturers place on. Lets be honest. right now the stock android UI sucks. The best in my opinion is HTC sense. Fully customizable. social networking bulit in. I mean, I saw someone with an EVO did their home screens Apple style and added nothing but apps to it. Pretty nice. Plus you can update over the air (wifi, 3G or 4G) and no need to be tired to a computer with a 3 foot cable just to update.

as for the plans. I'm on sprint and I'm only charged $10 extra for 4G usage. I get 4G here and I use it often, so i'm taking avantage of it.

I love when people keep bring up the fact that google has " fragmentation", when Apple themselves has it to. Some devices can't run 4.0, or iOS for example. the iPod touch and iPhone have the blue title bars, while the ipad has white. Then theres the ATT and verizon phones, both have some minor diferences. Last years iPod touch models. They had three, but two were the new models, and the other was the 2008 model made to fool people in to thinking it was the new model,. and a few other things too.

Its called choice. Just like you have a choice now between Verizon and AT&T. If you can't devicde on what phone you want then why bother getting one? its pretty simple. Choose the carrier, then choose the phone that works best for you and is in your price range.

as for "buying new phones every few months" Really? Where the hell did that come from? If anything Apple wants you to buy a new iPhone every year,.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal