If you are worried about a newer phone coming out ... don't ever upgrade your phone. New phones are ALWAYS coming out.
    good call, just buy a phone that you like and Apple makes it really easy because you're guaranteed support for several years whereas with Android, you may or not have support for a couple months.
    01-16-2011 01:56 PM
    good call, just buy a phone that you like and Apple makes it really easy because you're guaranteed support for several years whereas with Android, you may or not have support for a couple months.
    That is a great point. A lot of Android phones get cut off and don't receive the latest OS update..
    01-16-2011 02:15 PM
    yeah, the best thing to do is get a phone that you will be happy with and not worry about keeping up with the latest phones, you will go broke...
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
    01-16-2011 02:22 PM
    That is a great point. A lot of Android phones get cut off and don't receive the latest OS update..
    sort of like the older iPhones?
    01-16-2011 04:37 PM
    sort of like the older iPhones?
    The 3GS was released in July of 2008 and is running the most current iOS... how many Android handsets released then are running 2.1 let alone 2.2?

Just sayin.....
    01-16-2011 04:59 PM
    The 3GS was released in July of 2008 and is running the most current iOS... how many Android handsets released then are running 2.1 let alone 2.2?

Just sayin.....
    exactly...
    01-16-2011 05:09 PM
    but isn it running iOs 4 to its full potential? By that I mean, run everything the iPhone 4 can or is it missing some features?

The Android headsets that are still running 1.6 or 2.1 are just like the iPhone or iPhone 3G, older devices that can not support the new OS. As for 2.2, while 2.3 is the current, 2.2 runs just fine for most. Think of it as a 4.0 - 4.1 of iOS. Upgrade only if you want since its only a minor realse.

There are ways to get the latest 2.3, you just need to root (or what iPhone users call Jailbreak) the phone amd install a custom rom.
    01-16-2011 05:30 PM
    but isn it running iOs 4 to its full potential? By that I mean, run everything the iPhone 4 can or is it missing some features?

The Android headsets that are still running 1.6 or 2.1 are just like the iPhone or iPhone 3G, older devices that can not support the new OS. As for 2.2, while 2.3 is the current, 2.2 runs just fine for most. Think of it as a 4.0 - 4.1 of iOS. Upgrade only if you want since its only a minor realse.

There are ways to get the latest 2.3, you just need to root (or what iPhone users call Jailbreak) the phone amd install a custom rom.
    It might not use all the features, but apple let the 3GS have the os anyway. no JB needed. I had the Fascinate and it was a crime that it took so long for it to get Froyo, and from what I hear it's a bad update.

What grinds me the most about android is that when google releases an OS update, you have to await for your handset manufacturer to update "their version" of the update. It's like dealing with a update middle man.

When Apple releases an update.... Bam! Everyone gets it.... No waiting.
    01-16-2011 05:45 PM
    Yes .... because there are many different manufacturers on Android, just because an OS update releases doesn't mean every phone will get it at the same time. Apple makes all their phones, and basically they all get the update at the same time if they will ever get it.
    01-16-2011 06:09 PM
    and just because there is an update does not mean you have to run out and get it.

and yes, there is a wait. You can't download and install the update over the air. You have to be at a computer.
    01-16-2011 06:17 PM
    and just because there is an update does not mean you have to run out and get it.

and yes, there is a wait. You can't download and install the update over the air. You have to be at a computer.
    ah, but everyone wants the latest update. I prefer a "tethered" update as opposed to ota. Going through OTA's on my Droid was always a pain because there's always a chance that something would screw up and since there isn't a way to completely backup and restore an android phone without rooting it's not fun. iTunes makes that a piece of cake for every type of user.
    01-16-2011 07:12 PM
    ah, but everyone wants the latest update.
    Expect if you are jailbroken then you would want to stick with the current one till the latest one is jailbroken.

one good thing about the android phones is since you are syncec with google, all you have tpo do is enter your information and bam! everything will be brought back. now you may have to redownload some apps and such, but on android there arn't that many apps that are worth using out there.

My main point is, its 2011, and Apple is still using a 3 foot cable to do the syncing. I own an iPad as well and its sometimes a pain having to hook everything up where i could just click a few buttons in itunes and it will be updated on my ipad right away from the cloud.
    01-16-2011 08:16 PM
    What i realize about apple that i didn't think about before, is that apple doesn't immediately try something because it is common. They wait until they can refine it, make it great. Like their camera, it took them a while to release it, but now that it's out, it's the best one out there. And this is coming from a droid user with an 8mp camera with dual led flash.
    01-17-2011 12:21 AM
    It's still a camera phone regardless. The photos are not that great.
    01-17-2011 05:14 AM
    It's still a camera phone regardless. The photos are not that great.
    Sure my D7000 takes better, but as a photography enthusiast, I would say that the iPhone's camera is the best I have seen and like any camera, when in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing, one can take some really nice and compiling captures.

Through the Lens of an iPhone - a set on Flickr

BTW.... These photos are not mine.
    01-17-2011 09:14 AM
    well with the Droid Bionic you'll be getting new hardware. I think you should hold off until June. Buy a phone that runs android from craigslist or ebay so you can hold off until June. It is if you have been on Verizon for awhile.
    01-17-2011 06:31 PM
    well with the Droid Bionic you'll be getting new hardware. I think you should hold off until June. Buy a phone that runs android from craigslist or ebay so you can hold off until June. It is if you have been on Verizon for awhile.
    Im just going to pay full retail for the iphone since i have an upgrade in july and then if anything comes out then that I like I will get it otherwise I will stick with the iphone for awhile which is what im probably going to do anyway
    01-17-2011 06:41 PM
    The only android phones that I've seen that hold a candle to the iPhone as far as camera quality are the xperia x10 and arc. The camera on the iPhone 4 is great for a camera phone. I'm probably going to pick up the bionic if I don't like the bionic it will go back and ill wait for the iPhone 5. For me updates and carriers putting useless crap in our phones makes me mad like the whole fascinate issue with mounting its sdcard with Mac. Because Verizon added crap that didn't fully work. If they continue I wont pick up the bionic ill just get the iPhone 5
    01-18-2011 01:07 PM
    Iphone because of the integeration wiht so many other devices.
    01-18-2011 01:40 PM
    Specs are great. i love to look at specs. I come from a linux background and have customized linux installs up the wazoo but the longer i deal with tech, the more i want a nice seamless, integrated experience. time and again, for me, it's less about specs (although i'm not saying get crappy hardware) and more about the software. and lately moreso it's more about the ease of using a nice integrated experience quickly rather than customizing at nauseum until i get what i want. that's why i like apple iOS devices. Apple MacOS X is a whole other animal in which I can say I hate to use.
    01-19-2011 04:02 PM
    ^^ Couldn't have said it better
    01-20-2011 10:53 AM
    I am dumping my Droid X for the iPhone. This is just my opinion as I have had a Droid X a Droid and an iPhone on A t &T. I loved the iPhone 4 but the carrier was a nightmare. Have had original droid and X on Verizon the service side has been great but the phones itself are sub par compared to iPhone. The smoothness of the os , the apps available to it, it's just a good user experience. The droids I don't know how many times I wanted to throw it out a window. Some text messages never went thru, or never got, the phone itself froze or took a long time to respond just horrible and I can't wait to dump my X for the iPhone but that is just my experience everyone else has their own experience and opinion that's why I come the this forum to see what they go thru as well
    01-20-2011 11:34 AM
    anyone have any leaks about what the pricing for the data on the new iphone for Verizon will be???
    01-20-2011 12:13 PM
    anyone have any leaks about what the pricing for the data on the new iphone for Verizon will be???
    It will remain the current pricing Unlimited (5gb soft cap)/$29.99
    01-20-2011 02:15 PM

Just sayin.....
    Actually, it was released in June of 2009.

Your point still stands, but the date is incorrect.

Iphone because of the integeration wiht so many other devices.
    That's why I love Apple products as well, everything works together so seamlessly.
    01-21-2011 08:44 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD