Sorry If someone posted about this before, I searched and didn't find it:

I have a fully updated Iphone 4 (it used to be jailbroken, is not now) and it always tries to use the wifi connection even after I'm well out of range of the router. To correct it I usually just cycle the airplane mode, however its really annoying as this happens numerous times through out the day.

I thought maybe it was an issue with my router at home, however it happens at work too which is a completely different router brand/setup. I don't remember having this problem in previous iphone firmware versions.

Anyone else have this issue? Or maybe a solution?

Thanks
    01-13-2011 01:07 PM
    Go to settings>general>reset>reset network settings. Once you reset the network settings, your phone will reboot, and you will have to enter your wifi password the first time you connect to your wifi again, but it might solve your problem.
    01-13-2011 04:16 PM
    Sorry If someone posted about this before, I searched and didn't find it:

I have a fully updated Iphone 4 (it used to be jailbroken, is not now) and it always tries to use the wifi connection even after I'm well out of range of the router. To correct it I usually just cycle the airplane mode, however its really annoying as this happens numerous times through out the day.

I thought maybe it was an issue with my router at home, however it happens at work too which is a completely different router brand/setup. I don't remember having this problem in previous iphone firmware versions.

Anyone else have this issue? Or maybe a solution?

Thanks
    Hi, I am wondering if you have ever found a solution... I have the exact same issue (started about March/April this year) and have went through hoop after hoop. I new iphone and sim card later and its the same old thing -- frustrated and annoyed. if you have found a solution please let me know.
    Thanks
    A.
    08-08-2011 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD