Unresponsive areas of touch screen.

doncomp

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Seems I've had a run of three Dig/LCD assemblys with touch problems --
One has the third vertical column of non-reactive icons.
One has the bottom row ...etc
One has the problem on the bottom row, third icon area, really shows up when can't type certain letters in msgs.

My main question: Since it doesn't appear to be a software problem (many restores, reboots, DFU; and, trying other assemblys -- Is this a Digitizer or LCD problem?

"Take it to an Apple store" is not an option.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
yes it would be safe to assume it's a digitizer or LCD issue, and since Apple store isn't an issue, unfortunately you're either stuck with it like that or you'd have to replace the digitizer/LCD yourself or find a place that will do it ..

doncomp

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
That's a fair summation of my question -- Is it a Dig or an LCD issue??
Your suggestion is to find someone to replace the whole assembly...

doncomp

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I get the same result on different 'good' boards. I just this morning replaced the digitizer glass on one assembly and it fixed the problem. So, I suppose I've answered my own question.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
This has happened to me on the 3G , I got the display replaced then I got the phone replaced afterwards because the problem came back.

Now on the 3GS , its been happening again and for me taking it for to the store is not an option for me either.

I'm just going to up with it until the 5 or what ever it is comes out

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I get the same result on different 'good' boards. I just this morning replaced the digitizer glass on one assembly and it fixed the problem. So, I suppose I've answered my own question.

Lol glad to see that was the issue and now something that couldn't be figured out

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner