who uses 3G vs EDGE?

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
when you're in an area where there is no wi-fi and you know you're going to be there for a long time how many people rock out with 3G and how many use EDGE? How cost effective in regards to battery is each, and is it a DRAMATIC difference? (like night and day?) thanks in advance.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
If 3G is available in a no Wi-Fi area, I use it. I have an iPhone 4 and find the battery life excellent. With my 3G 3GS iPhones, I'd cut the 3G if my battery was low and I wasn't going to be near a charger for awhile. Edge drives me nuts, so I am only on it if it's the only option.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Dramatic difference in battery? Or dramatic difference in speed?

Battery wise i've never really paid attention because i don't want to live in a EDGE speed world, which is really no speed at all. 3G speed is dramatically different vs. EDGE, but that's pretty common sense.

I never intentionally use EDGE.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I stay on EDGE almost all the time. If I am in an area where there is no wi-fi and I really need data then I just flip the 3G on. I'll take slightly slower speeds and 3 times more talk time every time.

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Dramatic difference in battery? Or dramatic difference in speed?

Battery wise i've never really paid attention because i don't want to live in a EDGE speed world, which is really no speed at all. 3G speed is dramatically different vs. EDGE, but that's pretty common sense.

I never intentionally use EDGE.

In battery life.

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I only use edge if I am not using data and know I won't be able to charge my phone that day. Using edge for data is like removing a kidney with a rusty butter knife.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR