Ok i am confused a little on the upgrades....

I can go to verizonwireless.com, login, and see that i can upgrade right now b/c i am a primary line on my family plan.

But when i go to this page...

Set Your Location

it says i can't untill June 6,2011.

Apples site says now....

?!?!?!
    01-12-2011 04:29 PM
    i would call into customer service and talk to them to make sure when you can upgrade
    01-12-2011 04:32 PM

I can go to verizonwireless.com, login, and see that i can upgrade right now b/c i am a primary line on my family plan.

Set Your Location

Apples site says now....

?!?!?!
    I'd buy it at Verizon then.
    01-12-2011 09:11 PM

Set Your Location

Apples site says now....

?!?!?!
    I am assuming Apple's site is telling you are available now for an Annual Upgrade. Verizon's site is only showing your 2 year upgrade/NE2.

If you call VZW CS and ask them if you are eligible for Annual Upgrade, they will tell you.

What is an Annual Upgrade?

Answers to FAQs

"You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply). "
    01-12-2011 09:13 PM
    I am assuming Apple's site is telling you are available now for an Annual Upgrade. Verizon's site is only showing your 2 year upgrade/NE2.

If you call VZW CS and ask them if you are eligible for Annual Upgrade, they will tell you.

What is an Annual Upgrade?

Answers to FAQs

"You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply). "
    except after jan 16 they are getting rid of annual upgrades you have to wait 20 months or get a 1 year contract and still be able to upgrade at 10 months like now
    01-12-2011 09:19 PM
    except after jan 16 they are getting rid of annual upgrades you have to wait 20 months or get a 1 year contract and still be able to upgrade at 10 months like now
    I believe they are getting rid of it for new customers on and after the 16th, exisiting customers (before the 16th) are grandfathered until they use it, then its gone for good.
    01-12-2011 09:31 PM
    i called and i am good to go.
    01-12-2011 09:56 PM
    Remember to stick to 1 year contracts only. That way you can upgrade every 10 months because you know Steve Jobs will be pushing a new iPhone every year.
    01-12-2011 11:24 PM
    The 1 year contract costs an additional $70 over the 2 year contract. And that is a steal compared to the $375 early termination fee.
    shipwrestler125 likes this.
    01-12-2011 11:26 PM
    The 1 year contract costs an additional $70 over the 2 year contract. And that is a steal compared to the $375 early termination fee.
    When I logged into My VZW and clicked "upgrade", most phones where showing $100 over (though the main pages with NEW contract says ~$70). FYI.

I don't care if they are $100 over 2-year pricing, as long as I can sign a 1-year contract and upgrade again in 10 months.
    01-13-2011 12:36 AM
    When I logged into My VZW and clicked "upgrade", most phones where showing $100 over (though the main pages with NEW contract says ~$70). FYI.

I don't care if they are $100 over 2-year pricing, as long as I can sign a 1-year contract and upgrade again in 10 months.
    I guess we will have to wait and see if they will be doing 1 year contracts once preorders start
    01-13-2011 02:29 PM
    ok so i was worried about whether i would be able to upgrade early, but i just got a text from verizon saying "want a new phone? upgrade early at the lowest promotional prices with new 2 year renewal. for details call...."

now my thoughts are that they are trying to get people to renew because they want to make sure they get everyone a new contract and get rid of the NE2...

either way i dont care...im getting the new iphone lol
    01-13-2011 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD