I think for the iphone 5/6 if they made it a 4inch screen with retina display it would be a huge seller, even more than it is now. I mean how long can you stay with the small screen? No need to go 4.3 but a 4 inch would be perfect and help with those who think 3.5 is to small
    01-13-2011 02:11 PM
    As previously mentioned... while iOS apps are a little more expensive, they are generally more polished IMO. Another huge upside is sharing apps. If you and significant other want the same app on android, you both have to buy it, thats not the case with iOS (if both devices are registered on the same iTunes account)
    01-13-2011 03:29 PM
    As previously mentioned... while iOS apps are a little more expensive, they are generally more polished IMO. Another huge upside is sharing apps. If you and significant other want the same app on android, you both have to buy it, thats not the case with iOS (if both devices are registered on the same iTunes account)
    You can share apps on android. on iOS you both need to buy it, or enable the "authroize this computer", but that takes away a computer that could be used for you, and you have to go on their computer and enable it (since you have to enter your itunes e-mail and password) won't work if the other lives far away.

as for the size of screen. I think Apple would do a 3.7" then a 4". They seem to love small, off sizes. Eirther way I love my 4.3" screen
    01-13-2011 03:47 PM
    You can share apps on android. on iOS you both need to buy it, or enable the "authroize this computer", but that takes away a computer that could be used for you, and you have to go on their computer and enable it (since you have to enter your itunes e-mail and password) won't work if the other lives far away.

as for the size of screen. I think Apple would do a 3.7" then a 4". They seem to love small, off sizes. Eirther way I love my 4.3" screen
    How do you do this on Android? Is it possible to have the same Google Primary Account on 2 different phones? Adding a secondary account only syncs Calendar, Contact data.. not apps. I am not aware (and possibly you can and I am not aware of it) that you can have different Market credentials from the Primary Account.

Apple gives you 5 computers to sync.. and yes, you will lose one, that leaves you with 3 more to use for a total of 4 for yourself. How many people have more than 4 computers? I am guessing not that many.

I share iPad apps with my GF who lives out of state, I just authorize her iTunes account with my account on her laptop. Distance has nothing to do with it.
    01-13-2011 03:58 PM
    How do you do this on Android? Is it possible to have the same Google Primary Account on 2 different phones? Adding a secondary account only syncs Calendar, Contact data.. not apps. I am not aware (and possibly you can and I am not aware of it) that you can have different Market credentials from the Primary Account.

Apple gives you 5 computers to sync.. and yes, you will lose one, that leaves you with 3 more to use for a total of 4 for yourself. How many people have more than 4 computers? I am guessing not that many.

I share iPad apps with my GF who lives out of state, I just authorize her iTunes account with my account on her laptop. Distance has nothing to do with it.
    You need to enter your e-mail and password from her computer. Unless you somehow trust her with your information theres no way to do this if you are not at her computer.
    01-13-2011 04:09 PM
    You need to enter your e-mail and password from her computer. Unless you somehow trust her with your information theres no way to do this if you are not at her computer.
    Agreed.. there is a level of trust that is needed. But I trust her at age 43 more than I do my son at age 14.

How do you share apps on Android? I did not think you could.
    01-13-2011 04:11 PM
    Agreed.. there is a level of trust that is needed. But I trust her at age 43 more than I do my son at age 14.

How do you share apps on Android? I did not think you could.
    Just login to the market using the primary gmail account.
    01-13-2011 04:37 PM
    Just login to the market using the primary gmail account.
    I am on a Droid Pro with 2.2 ... I dont see anywhere that I can logon to the Market with a different account. The settings in Market have nothing, nor does the basic phone settings. Where do you change your login?
    01-13-2011 06:06 PM
    You would have to change your default Google account to a shared one just for market purposes. If your on 2.2 and up you can sync another Google account for email calendar etc
    kilofoxtrot likes this.
    01-13-2011 11:47 PM
    You would have to change your default Google account to a shared one just for market purposes. If your on 2.2 and up you can sync another Google account for email calendar etc
    Can the person getting the shared apps stop the syncing of email, calendar, contacts from the main account and just sync from their account?
    01-14-2011 08:57 AM
    Can the person getting the shared apps stop the syncing of email, calendar, contacts from the main account and just sync from their account?
    What apps do you need to sync? i mean unless they are ones bought then you can just download them but if you bought them thats kind of like stealing buying one app and putting it on 2 phones.
    01-14-2011 10:45 AM
    What apps do you need to sync? i mean unless they are ones bought then you can just download them but if you bought them thats kind of like stealing buying one app and putting it on 2 phones.
    no, because you already bought the app. Why would you need to buy it twice.

Android DID have a 24 hour return policy window. Now its 15 minuntes
    01-14-2011 10:58 AM
    no, because you already bought the app. Why would you need to buy it twice.

Android DID have a 24 hour return policy window. Now its 15 minuntes
    you bought 1 app for 1 phone so yes therefore it is stealing. The only way it isnt if you got one phone got rid of that phone and got a new phone then your paid apps will be saved to your google account otherwise you dont deserve to pay for 1 app and use it on multiple phones
    01-14-2011 11:10 AM
    you bought 1 app for 1 phone so yes therefore it is stealing. The only way it isnt if you got one phone got rid of that phone and got a new phone then your paid apps will be saved to your google account otherwise you dont deserve to pay for 1 app and use it on multiple phones
    Ship... Apple specifically states that you can have 5 devices on 1 iTunes account. That means that apps bought on 1 device will work on another if the other device can run the app. Example if you have 2 iPhones and 1 Touch on the same iTunes account, all 3 can run Angry Birds, but the account holder only pays for it once.

If it was stealing Apple wouldnt allow it.

With Android its the same thing.... Its obvious that if Google thought it was stealing they would close to "loop hole".
    01-14-2011 11:32 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD