Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to set up a ringtone for a specific email address. I typically have my phone set to vibrate but when I get an email from a specific address (24 hour on call at work), I want my phone to ring to wake me up if I'm sleeping. I only want my phone to do make noise with that address only. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Doc
    01-12-2011 09:30 AM
    Standard iOS - Afraid not!

Jailbreak is your best option but unfortunately I cannot point you at a package. If nothing exists i'm sure someone can create one if you post the idea in the Developer Forum!
    01-12-2011 09:51 AM
    As far as I now, this isnt possible, not even sure a jailbreak could do this for you.
    01-12-2011 01:01 PM
    Hello all,
    I was wondering if anyone knows how to set up a ringtone for a specific email address. I typically have my phone set to vibrate but when I get an email from a specific address (24 hour on call at work), I want my phone to ring to wake me up if I'm sleeping. I only want my phone to do make noise with that address only. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Doc
    I use an app called MailTones in the iTunes app store... it works by forwarding your email to them - they send it back with a custom alert (from their list). It's not the most secure way to handle it, but the only non-JB way I have found...

In my case, I get an email with a problem report number only (8 digit number ONLY), so I am not concerned about the security issue, but you may be.

It does work well, and is extremely reliable. If the security thing is not an issue for you, I highly recommend it.

It won't "ring" when on vibrate, but there is a way to set all alerts for email accounts to nothing... except the one(s) you are interested in - so you don't need to switch to vibrate mode.
    01-12-2011 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD