iPhone4 owners. Help me.$200 for IPhone4 or $50 for Samsung Captivate

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Experienced users please chime in. Please don't be biased.

I'm a happy owner of a jailbroken 3GS since July 09. I'm a heavy phone user. Data, talk, text.

Until today i was certain I will be ordering a iphone4 from at&t with my rebate at $200. But the Samsung Captivate caught my attention after reviews. I will be keeping my 3GS as a backup phone on a AT&T go plan for talk/text only.

Both the iPhone 4 and captivate are bad ass phones. But a $150 difference & it's right after Christmas time.

This is how I am as a user.

2500 texts a month
30min to 1 hr talk time
Almost use GPS daily
Watch netflix movies through phone 2 tv cables

But I have 2 concerns. I will still be using my 3GS 2 text & having a phone like the captivate might be wierd to use both. 2nd concern is iPhone 4 reception or whatever issues if they haven't been fixed thru an update or if it's hardware related. If the only problem is just the way you hold the phone than I can deal with that.

So guys please help me out. I was on AT&T website fixing to order & than I just shut the computer down, lol

Josh

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
You're going to get very biased opinions as to which phone to buy on an iPhone forum! And to that end...get the iPhone! ;)

And quite honestly, I think the sales people push the "other" phones because they make a better profit. As you know, they have to sell the iPhone at the same price as Apple. My sales guy pushed hard for me to buy ANY other phone than the iphone, but guess which phone HE had...

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Go for the iPhone 4 .. I've played around with the Captivate and I personally just don't like the operating system and the way the phone works. You're paying more for the i4, but for a reason. I think the Captivate will be cool for a while, but after a couple of weeks you would have wished you went with the i4.

As for the issues, I'm pretty sure they're fixed. I've had the iPhone 4 for a few weeks now and I haven't had any issues (antennae, proximity sensor, etc) .. I've even tried to make the antennae go out, but it didn't - I don't think it's as big as everyone made it seem. I'm sure there were more "good" iPhones than there were iPhones with issues.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Go for the Captivate..............................now that we got that out of the way I'm going to say iPhone 4 and that is because I have one. It's a wicked phone and having already used an iPhone you've got apps and you're used to the interface. If you just want a change in phone I can understand that in all honesty the best thing to do is join a forum for the captivate and read through threads to see what people are saying about the phone. The issues you mentioned were blown out of proportion and also partially AT&Ts fault. There hasn't been complaints in a long, long time.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
From a FORMER ip4 user... DITCH it.. Go Captivate! You will NOT regret it once you have it set up the way YOU want it.. It is after all your phone right?

Just my 0.02

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I thought AT&T wouldn't allow pay as you go?weren't they charging people for a data plan as soon as the network detected iPhone usage?

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Get the i4... stuff was blown WAY out of proportion, I love my i4 and I couldn't and wouldn't go back to anything else, and literally EVERYONE i know who has VZW wants an i4 now too lol get the i4

Reactions: BryanTheRed

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys. IP4 it is. As for the guy about AT&T won't let you use a pay as you plan. Doesn't mean you can't.

All you have to do is get a AT&T sim either from the store or get a cheap go phone. Either way do not activate or setup the account with the sim in the go phone. After you do all that throw the pin in the iPhone & you're ready. You can even change a few things to use the $20, 100-200 mb data plan option AT&T has on there pay as you go plan

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess just be careful?I know it can be done, I'm just saying that I've heard of people getting hit with data plan fees they didn't expect.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@Staticfiend

YES. It will be announced in June and available in late June or early July. Apple's product cycles are incredibly predictable and they aren't changing any time soon.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
OP, you will not regret the getting the iP4

i've been so pleased with my iP4 that i am good until the iP6...?

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
OP, you will not regret the getting the iP4

i've been so pleased with my iP4 that i am good until the iP6...?

Same here .. Unless there's a very significant difference in the i5, I most likely won't be upgrading till the i6. My gut tells me this will be a 3G -> 3GS upgrade this year ... Though I'm hoping I'm wrong and that the i5 will be another "revolutionary" change in the iPhone.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@Blink
You say that now but you don't know what the iPhone 5 offers. At the very least there will be marginal improvements, I'd say that's worth the wait.

Not to mention if you're on ATT (and likely vzw too), you'll be able to upgrade each year if you want to because your upgrade cycle will be in sync.

Every year I sell my old iPhone for $400ish and buy the new iPhone at $299 from my provider, making about $50...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@Blink
You say that now but you don't know what the iPhone 5 offers. At the very least there will be marginal improvements, I'd say that's worth the wait.

Not to mention if you're on ATT (and likely vzw too), you'll be able to upgrade each year if you want to because your upgrade cycle will be in sync.

Every year I sell my old iPhone for $400ish and buy the new iPhone at $299 from my provider, making about $50...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR