How will VZW's iPhone handle carrier specific "VZW Apps" ? Will they be "pre-loaded" on the phone or will they be available in the appstore? Some VZW Apps such as:
    • "My Verizon"
    • "Back up assistant"
    • "V-Cast apps"
    • "VZ Navigator"

Most of these apps are just crap, but some are actually useful ( ** "My Verizon" **)
    01-11-2011 11:01 PM
    No but some of their apps will be on then app store. Apple wouldn't let them pre-load it
    01-11-2011 11:19 PM
    the only one i would want is backup assistant since i use that for my contacts. Can you use google to get your contacts like on droid phones? jw sorry newb here
    01-12-2011 12:42 AM
    the only one i would want is backup assistant since i use that for my contacts. Can you use google to get your contacts like on droid phones? jw sorry newb here
    Yes you can. Just setup your Gmail account as an exchange and NOT the simple Gmail setup under setting. After you set up your Gmail exchange acount, just make sure contacts sync is set to on.

Also you can also set it to sync with your Gmail calendar so your appointments will also sync.
    thebizz likes this.
    01-12-2011 02:10 AM
    Im so relieved that I dont have to worry about all the vzw bloatware that they through in on the droids. Its so frustrating that they always think you need these apps.
    01-12-2011 04:46 AM
    Get mobile me from Apple. I have had it since July 09 and yes its worth the $99 per year just for the instant 3g backup of your contacts. Plus your calendar & contacts sync with all your Apple devices, Mac, ipad, itouch, iphone.

It's awesome
    01-12-2011 04:47 AM
    No but some of their apps will be on then app store. Apple wouldn't let them pre-load it
    Source? I know apple won't allow it, but I hate when people try to act all cool and smart and say things with out a source.

Get mobile me from Apple. I have had it since July 09 and yes its worth the $99 per year just for the instant 3g backup of your contacts. Plus your calendar & contacts sync with all your Apple devices, Mac, ipad, itouch, iphone.

It's awesome
    $99 is still a bit much

Im so relieved that I dont have to worry about all the vzw bloatware that they through in on the droids. Its so frustrating that they always think you need these apps.
    I get that on my EVO and theres no way to get rid of it with out rooting (meaning jail break in the android community)

but one thing I don't like about iOS is you can't disable the default apps like stocks or weather. Apple has them, thinking you always need those apps.
    01-12-2011 07:57 AM
    Will you get the NFL app on verizon iPhone or will it be iPhone 5
    01-12-2011 09:15 AM
    Source? I know apple won't allow it, but I hate when people try to act all cool and smart and say things with out a source.
    http://iphone.appleinsider.com/artic...on_iphone.html

Geez
    01-12-2011 11:11 AM
    Apple has always put carrier apps on the app store. they will NOT allow Verizon to alter the software (beyond carrier settings) on the iPhone.
    01-12-2011 11:15 AM

It's awesome
    Yeah idk 99 is a little much for me I guess i will just put them all in by hand
    01-12-2011 11:29 AM
    Thank you so much for the information.
    01-14-2011 01:23 PM
    Apple has always put carrier apps on the app store. they will NOT allow Verizon to alter the software (beyond carrier settings) on the iPhone.
    yup this is 100% correct. No carrier apps will be pre-Installed. Apple calls the shots... not Verizon
    01-14-2011 01:27 PM
    Will you get the NFL app on verizon iPhone or will it be iPhone 5
    The NFL already has an (actually 2; paid and ad supported) app in the app store. As do ESPN and Fox Sports just for reference, both superior to NFL Mobile IMO.

I don't think Apple lets any carrier in the world preinstall apps on iPhones so I don't see why Verizon would get special treatment. Their apps will be in the app store just like everyone else.
    01-14-2011 02:22 PM
    The ONLY Verizon app I would want is "Myverizon". Pretty good app and hope it finds its way to the appstore
    01-14-2011 03:08 PM
    The ONLY Verizon app I would want is "Myverizon". Pretty good app and hope it finds its way to the appstore
    Which isn't really an app - it's more like a front-end for the web page. One can always log-on to it via Safari.
    01-14-2011 03:18 PM
    Yes you can. Just setup your Gmail account as an exchange and NOT the simple Gmail setup under setting. After you set up your Gmail exchange acount, just make sure contacts sync is set to on.

Also you can also set it to sync with your Gmail calendar so your appointments will also sync.
    Thank you makes the thought of switching from android so much better. No to figure out how to port the maps with navigation
    01-14-2011 04:18 PM
    How will VZW's iPhone handle carrier specific "VZW Apps" ? Will they be "pre-loaded" on the phone or will they be available in the appstore? Some VZW Apps such as:
    • "My Verizon"
    • "Back up assistant"
    • "V-Cast apps"
    • "VZ Navigator"

Most of these apps are just crap, but some are actually useful ( ** "My Verizon" **)
    This is the direct link for anyone who want to read what Apple will allow VZW to load or not on the new iphone:

AppleInsider | Apple will not allow Verizon to preload software on iPhone
    01-14-2011 08:02 PM
    Glad verizon isnt allowed to load all of their bloatware onto the phone
    01-14-2011 10:05 PM

It's awesome
    Can't agree more, I purchased the family pack for $75 on Amazon which provided me 5 accounts. MobileMe is so much for than e-mail, contact, calendar and find your iPhone.
    01-14-2011 10:10 PM
    I'll just repost this link in case anyone missed it which goes over in detail what Apple will allow or not allow VZW to have Pre-Loaded on the iphone.

AppleInsider | Apple will not allow Verizon to preload software on iPhone
    01-15-2011 06:06 PM
    thank goodness!!! This is one the top reasons I'm leaving the android world for the Verizon iPhone, android is controlled by the carriers way too much
    01-15-2011 09:22 PM

It's awesome
    +1

I couldn't agree more. You can also get it for $69 from Apple with the purchase of iPhone/iPod, mac, iPad, or pretty much anything other than an accessories. Like someone else also pointed out, Amazon.com is a good resource to find it less expense as is eBay. If you own a iPhone & a Mac, MobileMe is a must!

That and NFL mobile
    01-17-2011 11:35 AM
    +1

I couldn't agree more. You can also get it for $69 from Apple with the purchase of iPhone/iPod, mac, iPad, or pretty much anything other than an accessories. Like someone else also pointed out, Amazon.com is a good resource to find it less expense as is eBay. If you own a iPhone & a Mac, MobileMe is a must!

That and NFL mobile
    The ESPN scorecenter on iphone is really nice much better than nfl mobile IMO
    01-17-2011 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD