Pre-order?

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I understand that Verizon customers will be able to pre-order the iphone on feb 3rd, does that mean that they will ship on feb 3rd or will you just be sent one on the 9th and get it on the 10th with everyone else that waits in line for hours?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have pre-ordered a few times with Verizon. More times than not, I have received my phones before they were available in the stores. Not saying this will happen with the iPhone, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
you never know. ATT's release date for iPhone 4 was 06/24 and many peoples preorders showed up 06/23 so if anything, I wouldnt expect more than a day or so

Vorpal279

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you pre order a phone, is it shipped to you with your number already programmed into it or do you bring it in to your local store to have that done?

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have pre-ordered a few times with Verizon. More times than not, I have received my phones before they were available in the stores. Not saying this will happen with the iPhone, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

I have ordered a few times like that and have also got the phones a little before the store has. It would be nice if that was the case this time.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I always got my phone the day it came out in stores its just nice not having to risk waiting in line and getting shafted if they run out which hopefully this doesnt happen with the iphone maybe they can keep enough stock atleast for 1 day.

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. The reason i asked was because the reporter on one of the CNET videos made it sound like verizon cusotmers would get them earlier. crossing my fingers

Machine gunport

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I also have pre-ordered, and don't live in a big metro area, but still got the phone the day prior to store release. Hope it happens this time also!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The activation process for iPhones involves hooking to a computer and syncing with iTunes. Part of Verizon's "get ready" process includes instructions on downloading and setting up iTunes.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The activation process for iPhones involves hooking to a computer and syncing with iTunes. Part of Verizon's "get ready" process includes instructions on downloading and setting up iTunes.

how does hooking up with itunes activate a phone for verizon? Maybe that is something else you have to do but i still think there is something you will have to dial on the phone to activate it

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
how does hooking up with itunes activate a phone for verizon? Maybe that is something else you have to do but i still think there is something you will have to dial on the phone to activate it

Don't know. Those who pre-order and get phones shipped will get all the instructions needed... you'll have to call an 800# to accept terms/conditions which will be what locks you into your contract. From there, you activate the phone as directed typically, once T&C are done, you dial *228 and select option 1 to OTA program the phone.

Last edited:

lr_zuber

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I really wish the Pre-orders would SHIP the 3rd. I will be out of town the 5-12. So if it ships the 10th, I won't be home to sign. I could have it sent elsewhere but that's a pain. I've considered picking up in store on the 10th (I'll be in Las Vegas) but I really hate to wait in line at who-knows-what time and NOT get one!

Didn't they do pre-orders for pick-up at Apple or AT&T for the AT&T iPhone 4???

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I really wish the Pre-orders would SHIP the 3rd. I will be out of town the 5-12. So if it ships the 10th, I won't be home to sign. I could have it sent elsewhere but that's a pain. I've considered picking up in store on the 10th (I'll be in Las Vegas) but I really hate to wait in line at who-knows-what time and NOT get one!

Didn't they do pre-orders for pick-up at Apple or AT&T for the AT&T iPhone 4???

if you call into a verizon store they may hold one for you idk what the store policy is there but i know around where i live i know the reps well and if i called in they would hold one for me. Maybe give that a shot

Reactions: lr_zuber

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro