Could I conceivably give up my internet Svc.?

providco

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
With the tethering feature-which is still a point of confusion as to whether it will be charged for as an extra feature versus included in the data package (of which there will be an option for an unlimited data package) might I be able to use tethering as an internet source for my laptop? What could be speeds be on 3G? Trying to drop my cable modem. I guess I should wait till this is sorted out?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Tethering is not a total replacement for home internet - either DSL, or cable modem... it's a good supplement to them for use while you're away from home, or an accessible wifi.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hot spot will for sure cost extra. Currently it's $20 for 2gb of data. It will probably be same price for the iPhone.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Tethering is not a total replacement for home internet - either DSL, or cable modem... it's a good supplement to them for use while you're away from home, or an accessible wifi.
Agreed.

Recently, my home wireless access point blinked and my PC switched to the MiFi. When I tried to do my video webcast from the PC, it crashed. That was with only one system using the wireless broadband connection. I have three PCs, a MacBook, an iPhone, an iPad, and two wireless printers using my home LAN.

Early in the year, my cable internet service was out for a week. While it was great to have wireless broadband as a backup, one would not want to use it exclusively.

Third generation broadband is simply not fast enough to serve as one's only internet connection. Enthusiasts suggest that fourth generation services might compete with wire or glass. it would be nice to hear from someone using a 4G service like Sprint's Wimax.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2