Using an existing iPhone 4 on verizon

Alexsgardenart

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, just wondering if since now verizon has an iPhone, is there any way that I can switch my AT&T iPhone over to verizon service without having to jailbreak?

spades1412

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Should work fine. You will just need to stop by a VZW store on launch day and pick up a VZW sim and all should be good. I did this with my AT&T Pre and couldnt be happier with it on VZW.

Sky_eye

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No, the AT&T version has GSM (Sim cards) and Verizon has CDMA which requires different antenna structure. So basically, you got an iPod touch.

Last edited:

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Should work fine. You will just need to stop by a VZW store on launch day and pick up a VZW sim and all should be good. I did this with my AT&T Pre and couldnt be happier with it on VZW.

you have no idea what you are talking about. at&t=gsm, verizon=cdma aka will not work with at&t iphone

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

AT&T uses GSM, while Verizon uses CDMA. AT&T uses sim cards, while CDMA does not. Only CDMA phones can work on CDMA networks, just like GSM phones will only work on GSM networks.

What is the Difference Between GSM and CDMA?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner