Simultaneous Voice & Data

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
No way could I give up the simultaneous voice and data. I am constantly texting, nav, or checking emails while on the phone.

daizyduke

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I've had my AT&T iPhone for over a year and just recently tried this out. It's really convenient if you have to check an email or need to look something up on the internet. And when your on hold for a REALLY long time, it gives you something to do. :D

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd personally wouldn't care. I mean I don't really use my phone as a phone much. 95% of the time its for data on the go. The whole voice and data thing was never much a problem untill the iPhone came out and Apple made it such a big deal, that now it seems everyone must have it.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I really don't understand the need to surf the web on a phone call. I had the ability when I was on tmobile and never really used it. Since I have been on Verizon, I have never needed it so I don't see it being an issue in the future.

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
You guys miss one point, we're not talking about long time, tech knowledgable people. We are talking general masses who don't even know the difference between CDMA and GSM. All they're gonna know is their friend on AT&T can do it so how come I can't? It's also not a case of needing to use it it's a case of not having it, this is a human trait, just like MMS there was a witch hunt because there was no MMS and now that it's there who really uses it? So to you it's not a big deal but what about joe schmo who leaves AT&T because VZ is the iPhone on a better network then damn he realizes he can't look up driving directions, restaurant info, etc while he's on the phone with his girlfriend?

That is what I think will happen! I was a long time Sprint user and often said "I don't really need/use voice and data at he same time." I'll say this. Once you start using it, you'll wonder what you ever did without it.;)

IMVHO, If you are already on VZ you will not notice. If you switch from AT&T to VZ you will notice and it may be an issue for you.

Reactions: Ipheuria

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
IMVHO, If you are already on VZ you will not notice. If you switch from AT&T to VZ you will notice and it may be an issue for you.

Bingo. Caveat Emptor.

I just hope Verizon reps will set the proper expectations to avoid problems later. I'm confident they'll hear this in training, but sadly, it won't sink in for a lot of them.

Slapnpop826

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When I first switched from ATT to VZW I did miss being able to use voice and data. But I have been with VZW for 2 years now and I don't miss it at all. I don't think it will be an issue for me with the vzw iphone either.

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok question! Can you get a text while on a voice call? Like if I'm on the phone for an hour and the wife sends a txt to pick up milk before I get home.

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok I don't know if a text is different then a bbm, but this am I sent my wife a bbm and she didn't get it till 45 minutes later when she hung up. I actually had to (gasp) call her!

Last edited:

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Bbm is data text is not. If you have been on VZW why care. If you don't like it stick with Att. Though its not that big of an issue with me

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Same is true for an MMS, it will not be received while on a phone call, nor will it be sent if you're on a CDMA network

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox