Will it be sold on a 1 year contract?

durangojim#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I usually only buy phones from Verizon on a 1 year contract, and now that they've done away with early upgrades, I'd still like to do that. I won't leave Verizon, but do any carries let you purchase the iPhone on a shorter than 1 year contract if you don't buy it outright?

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I dont think they will allow this. I am not overly happy about it, but hopfully they will do something similar as AT&T and let you upgrade to the newest iphone if you are close to the end of your contract.

irie

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I usually only buy phones from Verizon on a 1 year contract, and now that they've done away with early upgrades, I'd still like to do that. I won't leave Verizon, but do any carries let you purchase the iPhone on a shorter than 1 year contract if you don't buy it outright?

You will definitely have the option to do 1yr, 2yr and also month to month. This is standard for vzw.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

you can get 1 year contracts you always have been able to

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
AT&T does not offer a 1yr contract with the iPhone. From what I have heard Verizon will do the same. There is no 1yr pricing for the iPhone. The two options are 2yr contract price and no contract price.

where does it say the no contract price for verizon? Also verizon never really advertised prices for 1 year contracts as they try and get you to sign a 2 year contract

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
where does it say the no contract price for verizon? Also verizon never really advertised prices for 1 year contracts as they try and get you to sign a 2 year contract

It does not say that yet. I always did the 1 year upgrades myself but my understanding is that apple products will not offer that type of upgrade.

Tanker57

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I agree with shipwresler. VZW never advertises 1 year contracts but you find them on their website with crazy month to month option. That's where you get to find out what Apple wants for their toys.
The 1 year contract does cost you $70 over the 2 year contract but thats cheap when you look at a $375 ETF.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree with shipwresler. VZW never advertises 1 year contracts but you find them on their website with crazy month to month option. That's where you get to find out what Apple wants for their toys.
The 1 year contract does cost you $70 over the 2 year contract but thats cheap when you look at a $375 ETF.

and you also get to upgrade again at 10 months versus the 20 month on a 2 year contract

lr_zuber

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I REALLY hope they offer the 1-year contract, even if it is $100 over the 2-year price. Definitely worth it to be able to upgrade, at discounted pricing, in 10 months.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I REALLY hope they offer the 1-year contract, even if it is $100 over the 2-year price. Definitely worth it to be able to upgrade, at discounted pricing, in 10 months.

I don't know what VZW will do, but in general terms, AT&T always allowed the upgrade price for current iPhone customers upgrading to the newest iPhone (every june)... I can't imagine there would be that much difference in pricing/strategy between carriers since they are in competition for that money.

Reactions: lr_zuber

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I would hope so even still looking at a 1 year contract for the wife just so she can upgrade next year. Also works out that I have an upgrade waiting for something worthy of my money

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
never saw a one year contract price for ATT on iPhone ever, but they have allowed us to upgrade with a fee... $200 in most cases

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think when it comes the iPhone you can throw most of VZW's previous policies out the window.Verizon sure has.You would think Verizon would offer some kind of 1 year upgrade option just so those who buy a CDMA iPhone now would be able to resign to get an LTE iPhone when that becomes available.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox