Get Now or Wait?

VZiPhoneFinally

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't think VZ is going to get two iPhone's in one year...this isn't android. That being said even if they do I doubt it will be LTE and will prob not be worth the upgrade. I am paying full retail for the iPhone 4 as I have been waiting for 3 years to get my hands on one.

Joey4u615

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Knowing Apple's product life cycles, it seems that it would be a good idea to wait for the iPhone 5 in June. However, I seriously cannot think of any features that need to be added to the iPhone 4 to keep me satisfied. We now have multitasking, MMS, a substantially better batter life, noise cancellation, a gorgeous display, a front facing camera, portrait/landscape keyboards, and millions of apps to choose from... The iPhone 4 is a gorgeous piece of technology, I'm ready to ditch my Blackberry and stop playing the waiting game. We already know that iOS 5 will be compatible with the iPhone 4 as the current model is always upgradeable when a new OS is announced. I don't feel the need to wait anymore, the iPhone is here on Verizon, finally.

naeubanks

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
After today's leaks about the unlimited data plan being a limited time offer it seems stupid to wait around until summer when chances are, there will be no unlimited plan anymore. (For those already on Verizon, maybe that's a different story because you should be grandfathered in on the unlimited when upgrading). I plan on keeping my unlimited 3G for as long as I can, I don't really care too much about the 4G speeds if it means I have to pay more or get less (or both). I'm not waiting, I have gut feeling that if I did I'd regret it and the iPhone 4 is such an amazing phone, I don't see having buyers remorse 6 months down the road even if Verizon did happen to get a new one so soon.

Gee-Air-Mo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with the previous post. It seems like their will be an Unlimited plan for the iPhone 4 with Verizon and then when the iPhone 5 arrives, that plan may not be availalbe? It seems to me that you have to go with your "Guts" and make your decision soon. I like Unlimited data, but I also want the next iPhone just like everyone else!

Dan@

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well i may wait because there is only the Unlimited Data Plan. I Don't want to pay $30 a month for unlimited when i know i don't need that much. I was hoping for a tier plan with something around $15 a month option. So i may wait and see what the tier pricing is down the road. Even though i have been waiting for Verizon to get the Iphone for years. I just don't want the $30 a month increase in my bill.

alex3knowlin

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Help!

So I have the palm pre plus on verizon and I absolutely hate it. I've gone through like 4 of them cause I've had so many problems. Idk if I should wait for the new iphone in the summer or just get an iphone 4 right now. Please help!! :)

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Knowing Apple's product life cycles, it seems that it would be a good idea to wait for the iPhone 5 in June. However, I seriously cannot think of any features that need to be added to the iPhone 4 to keep me satisfied. We now have multitasking, MMS, a substantially better batter life, noise cancellation, a gorgeous display, a front facing camera, portrait/landscape keyboards, and millions of apps to choose from... The iPhone 4 is a gorgeous piece of technology, I'm ready to ditch my Blackberry and stop playing the waiting game. We already know that iOS 5 will be compatible with the iPhone 4 as the current model is always upgradeable when a new OS is announced. I don't feel the need to wait anymore, the iPhone is here on Verizon, finally.

I agree 100%!!! Time to throw the Blackberries in the trash :D The only thing I can see the iPhone 5 (or 4G) having with its release this summer would be enhanced graphics/battery/little things. I don't see it being a major change, as they've spent a lot of time getting the iP4 ready for Verizon. For me, none of that really is a dealbreaker because the iP4 is such a huge improvement over what I have... though I will miss the notifications system/flashing light on my BB... I hope Apple incorporates that eventually :( Having one inbox for everything (including Facebook/Twitter/other superapps) is really freaking nice.

Last edited:

crazy4cell

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

I was going to go for pre order but, decided to wait till after 2-10-11 I wish not to be locked into anything now that new every 2 is gone whats the incentive for me?

also I went and played at apple retail store with the Iphone 4 ! my fix has taken and soothed my inner being I can make it now ahhhhh!

if the verizon Iphone works as well as the at&t version I'll be happy.

quezsmith

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

I was going to go for pre order but, decided to wait till after 2-10-11 I wish not to be locked into anything now that new every 2 is gone whats the incentive for me?

also I went and played at apple retail store with the Iphone 4 ! my fix has taken and soothed my inner being I can make it now ahhhhh!

if the verizon Iphone works as well as the at&t version I'll be happy.

I thought that VZ was still going to allow 1 last "new every two"???

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I decided to pull the trigger. Got 2. One for me and one for the wife. Total cost $375 for 2 16GB. We used her upgrade and took one from her grandpa since he doesn't plan on ever changing his phone. His had an additional $50 off. So mine was only $149.99 plus tax. Also sold my BB Storm 1 for $100 and her Droid X for $300. So basically it's free. :) Figured that if and when iPhone 5 comes out, I will be due for an upgrade in March of 2012 and we can sell both of the iPhones 4 and have the money to buy one at full price. So I did it. Will be in my hands on Monday :). Almost beats the Super Bowl on Sunday since I hate both teams. Don't really like the Steelers and GB beat my Bears. Guess I'm cheering for Steelers. :(

JCDOVE77

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I say get it now - unless you live in one of Verizon's 38 markets which have 4G up now. Even so, no guarantee Verizon will get the 4G phone this summer. Maybe ATT gets it first. I doubt it would be released to all carriers all at once.

But then again, who knows.

Writermind

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a very clear plan of attack on this. lol

I'm locked into a 1 yr. and 5 month contract with Sprint with an Epic 4G that I detest. If I can get a free IPHONE via TIPB, I'll pay the ETF at Sprint and happily bounce on over to Verizon.

However, if I happen to lose the TIPB contest and don't get the IPHONE I think I'll just wait to see what the Feb. 7 big announcement is via Sprint. If its NOT a Sprint IPHONE, I'll wait for the June/July refresh of the IPHONE line with the next iteration. If there is NOT an IPHONE in that bunch, I'll pay the ETF @ Sprint and go to Big Red.

Mostly this plan involves waiting though so we'll see how this goes. I can be impatient. lol

BigMastadon

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I am looking at the pro's and cons of waiting... and the one thing that keeps yelling at me is the unlimited data offer. We all know this is going to be a limited time deal and so far Verizon has yet to put a date on when it ends. According to my buddy who works in a Verizon authorized selling location... it is in the spring books as well (the offer). If it is going to be over fairly soon, then this would be a HUGE reason to jump on the iPhone 4 now instead of waiting.

Keep in mind two-three hours of Netflix will put you right around the 2 GB cap... and I know I use Netflix a lot... so this is a big deal for me. Even just having the peace of mind knowing that I don't have to gauge my data is a nice comfort zone. So if you are debating on now or later... think about the data issue and what your future data needs might be as you will be grandfathered into it by acting now. There's also a chance Verizon offers some sort of trade-in or promo deal if iPhone 5 comes out this summer for early adopters of the iPhone... hence isn't that why the two year upgrade deal ended? To provide better promotional offers at any point to current subscribers.

This is just my two cents.
- Justin

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I decided to pull the trigger. Got 2. One for me and one for the wife. Total cost $375 for 2 16GB. We used her upgrade and took one from her grandpa since he doesn't plan on ever changing his phone. His had an additional $50 off. So mine was only $149.99 plus tax. Also sold my BB Storm 1 for $100 and her Droid X for $300. So basically it's free. :) Figured that if and when iPhone 5 comes out, I will be due for an upgrade in March of 2012 and we can sell both of the iPhones 4 and have the money to buy one at full price. So I did it. Will be in my hands on Monday :). Almost beats the Super Bowl on Sunday since I hate both teams. Don't really like the Steelers and GB beat my Bears. Guess I'm cheering for Steelers. :(

Can I ask where you sold your Storm 1 for $100? I would like to do the same.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro