Get Now or Wait?

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I hope the iPhone 5 isn't LTE.

Yes it's fast, but it's not fully deployed yet and I don't want to pay extra for something that is still not fully deployed and with a data cap. I'm cool with CDMA for the next year or two.

sgrhll1

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Gonna have to WAIT......

I waited in anticipation for this iPhone on the Verizon network. Everything was good until I found out it was running on 3g and not the 4g that was launched in Dec., so I'm gonna hold out a lil while longer because I know it's coming.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I waited in anticipation for this iPhone on the Verizon network. Everything was good until I found out it was running on 3g and not the 4g that was launched in Dec., so I'm gonna hold out a lil while longer because I know it's coming.

Just a thought but why would you want to pay for a phone and plan for a 4G service that is still in the beginning stages of development? You are much better off waiting till 4G has lots of coverage than paying for 4G service which you can't get but very few places. I live in Ohio and have to be in the Cleveland or columbus area to even get that right now.

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Get it now then sell on eBay when i5 comes out. At most you'll spend what the normal upgrade pricing is. I've done it with every release. Can't go wrong.

ogoonie

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling that since they are launching a new phone that is an older model if they release a new model they will have some sort of promotion going on that will allow them to upgrade. Well, it doesnt matter too much because im an avid early adopter and if I want it... it will just cost me.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope the iPhone 5 isn't LTE.

Yes it's fast, but it's not fully deployed yet and I don't want to pay extra for something that is still not fully deployed and with a data cap. I'm cool with CDMA for the next year or two.

Whos to say it will be in your area by the n, or will be improved.

I agree with you on the data cap though. I'd rather have Verizon and LTE, then what the T-mobile in the UK is doing

ajl06808

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Is there an announced date for this Apple Event in June/July or are we all getting our hopes up and banking on there being an iPhone 5 released?

ReeseyKups

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm only a family plan and will use my husband's upgrade now (eligible on Feb 10) - he could care less about a new phone. Then when the new phones are introduced this summer if it's something spectacular I will upgrade my line, get the new every two credit and give the iPhone 4 to my daughter.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll be paying full retail the iPhone on day one since I'm not currently eligible for an upgrade. I find it hard to believe that Apple would release an iPhone 5 on Verizon this summer as that's only 3-4 months after releasing the iPhone 4 for VZW. I'm eligible for an upgrade on my line in July so even if that's the case, I'll be fine and wouldn't have to pay full retail twice.

I also have a second line that I added to a family share plan just to get a new phone that will be eligible for an upgrade in May. I was thinking of canceling it once the contract is up but it may be worth it to keep the upgrade since I only pay $12 per month after putting a dumb phone on that line.

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm only a family plan and will use my husband's upgrade now (eligible on Feb 10) - he could care less about a new phone. Then when the new phones are introduced this summer if it's something spectacular I will upgrade my line, get the new every two credit and give the iPhone 4 to my daughter.

after jan 16 you no longer get the mew every 2 credit and can no longer upgrade annually on a 2 year contract

shipwrestler125

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll be paying full retail the iPhone on day one since I'm not currently eligible for an upgrade. I find it hard to believe that Apple would release an iPhone 5 on Verizon this summer as that's only 3-4 months after releasing the iPhone 4 for VZW. I'm eligible for an upgrade on my line in July so even if that's the case, I'll be fine and wouldn't have to pay full retail twice.

I also have a second line that I added to a family share plan just to get a new phone that will be eligible for an upgrade in May. I was thinking of canceling it once the contract is up but it may be worth it to keep the upgrade since I only pay $12 per month after putting a dumb phone on that line.

im also paying full retail my upgrade is in july and i figure this phone will hold me over for atleast a year as i dont see the 5 if it does come out being worth wasting an upgrade i will just wait until the next iphone is released next year

ythot26

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting this when it comes out assuming:

1) I can do a 1 year contract. I don't want 2 years of this when great other phones are coming out left and right.

2)The data plan is $30 a month, unlimited. Anything more than that, no thanks.

Hopefully those come true and I can own a sweet iphone!

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'll be getting this when it comes out assuming:

1) I can do a 1 year contract. I don't want 2 years of this when great other phones are coming out left and right.

2)The data plan is $30 a month, unlimited. Anything more than that, no thanks.

Hopefully those come true and I can own a sweet iphone!

Wont be long before you find out for sure.

titansjonne#WN

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Im getting it now for a few reasons. 1. I don't know how verizon will price 4g phones, no point in paying extra for service i can't use. 2. Im a geek and need my gadgets NOW lol. and 3. I keep my phones very clean. So if they do come out with a 4g phone, depending on the pricing, i can just sell my iphone and pick up the new one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73