Are you leaving AT&T and switching to a sweet Verizon iPhone?

Are you already on Verizon and ditching your BlackBerry or Droooooid to go iPhone?

Are you finally leaving Sprint or T-Mobile to get on the Verizon iPhone bandwagon?

Let me know what you're thinking!
    01-09-2011 08:28 PM
    New to the TiPb forum. I'll be leaving Sprint Palm Pre for Verizon iPhone ASAP, even with ETF.
    01-09-2011 09:32 PM
    Have a htc incredible and saving my upgrade. I really don't mind if the new Iphone is not LTE b/c by the time 4g is everywhere like 3g. You will be able to upgrade again.
    01-09-2011 10:23 PM
    I have AT&T and am actually quite happy with their service in Arizona... I have no desire to go to VZW and certainly don't want to pay $1300 in ETFs for the privilege (4 lines on a family plan) ...

That said, my son, who is already on VZW will be ditching his Droid X for the iPhone as soon as it's available...
    Sky_eye likes this.
    01-09-2011 10:48 PM
    Will give up my BB Tour on Verizon for the iPhone. Would have had one were it not for AT&Ts network where I live in Iowa is just not as good as Verizon's (used to be Alltel).
    weblou likes this.
    01-10-2011 12:50 AM
    I have a Storm 2 and my husband has a Storm 1. We've been waiting for the iPhone for quite a while. Thankfully we're 22 months into our contract and fully upgrade eligible. I only hope VZW continues the unlimited data and lets us sign a 1 year contract (for a little more money of course) so we can get new phones every ~10 months.

AT&T doesn't provide service in our area, so that's never been an option.
    01-10-2011 04:01 AM
    I currently have Verizon and a Blackberry Storm 1, with a new upgrade date between now and mid-March. Of course I'll be using it for the iPhone if all of this is true.
    01-10-2011 09:07 AM
    I have AT&T and am actually quite happy with their service in Arizona... I have no desire to go to VZW and certainly don't want to pay $1300 in ETFs for the privilege (4 lines on a family plan) ...

That said, my son, who is already on VZW will be ditching his Droid X for the iPhone as soon as it's available...
    Is he unhappy with something about his Droid X or just looking for a change?
    01-10-2011 10:01 AM
    Those of you on Verizon right now may also want to consider bypassing this iPhone and wait for the next version in June/July time frame. If you pull the trigger now you may not be eligible to upgrade this summer.

Hermdog
    01-10-2011 10:16 AM
    I have been waiting for the verizon iphone since say one. I am one of those loyal Verizon customers. Currently i have a BB Bold 9650. Ill will be giving it away! Hope Verizon dosnt let me down.
    01-10-2011 10:49 AM
    Is he unhappy with something about his Droid X or just looking for a change?
    he likes it, but says it's too big... and he's wanted an iPhone all along...
    01-10-2011 11:14 AM
    Those of you on Verizon right now may also want to consider bypassing this iPhone and wait for the next version in June/July time frame. If you pull the trigger now you may not be eligible to upgrade this summer.

Hermdog
    This is exactly what I am thinking about doing. I get my (last) NE2 at the end of Feb. Currently have a working trackball on my Tour and may get a Bold (free) from a friend to hold me over until this summer to see if the iPhone 5(or whatever it will be).
    01-10-2011 12:11 PM
    I doubt it. OK, so now it's definite, but does the same sureness exist about the cost? VZ here costs roughly double what my T-Mob costs me for the same service. If that drastically changes, I may switch but I don't see what I'd get except VZ's coverage here is a slight bit better than T-Mob. Both flatten AT&T which is terrible here.
    01-10-2011 12:42 PM
    Currently with AT&T... just got my iPhone 4 last month. So I'll be sticking with AT&T for 2 more years..... but when the contract is up I just may jump to Verizon. The iPhone was basically my only reason for staying with AT&T.
    01-10-2011 12:45 PM
    I wont be switching to verizon ever.
    01-10-2011 12:46 PM
    Heh, I have two friends who (along with millions of other people) just bought new Droids for themselves for Christmas. Fools.
    01-10-2011 01:08 PM
    I'm on ATT and my wife is literally in love with verizon. we have had many "intense moments of fellowship" over whether or not we could switch to ATT because i love my iPhone. VZ get's iphone and i switch. hands down. then by 2013 i'll get a 4G-LTE iPhone and then the 'slow lane' is over. i can deal for a while waiting for VZ's upgrades. However, the dual core 1gHz snapdragon does sound delicious.
    01-10-2011 01:19 PM
    I won't be switching. Don't have any issues with AT&T. It will be interesting to see how many Verizon customers will be switching from their Android phones. For those on Verizon, we all hear the hype about surf and talk at the same time, but my question is when you happen to be online with your current smartphone, when a call comes in does the call cut through, busy signal, or voicemail?
    01-10-2011 01:29 PM
    I'm happy with ATT. If the Verizon iPhone does come out, I'll probably wait till next years NFL season to start before I switch..... NFL Network should be worth it.
    01-10-2011 01:45 PM
    I won't be switching. Don't have any issues with AT&T. It will be interesting to see how many Verizon customers will be switching from their Android phones. For those on Verizon, we all hear the hype about surf and talk at the same time, but my question is when you happen to be online with your current smartphone, when a call comes in does the call cut through, busy signal, or voicemail?
    Well you can count one ditching Android. I used it when it first came out when I was on Tmobile, and it was just rough around the edges. This Christmas Verizon was running a deal on a mobile to mobile family plan that I could not pass up so we took 3 lines to Big Red. Coverage is a lot better than TMO, but it was hard to give up the iPhones we were using. My wife and daughter are ok with their droids but I have a feeling they will be getting one for their birthdays.

I just hope I can buy it off contract when it releases. Unless it comes out in the next 12 days.
    01-10-2011 02:09 PM
    I had to switch from my iphone to verizon because of work. So far (4 months) i have gone through about 4 android devices. I have settled on the droid pro. while this phone works 50% of the time (which is great compared to other android phones) i weep daily over not having my iphone. yes, weep.
    I hope you guys have a contest to get one because i cannot afford another phone. Please Georgia, you are my only hope.
    01-10-2011 02:15 PM
    If I possibly can, I will! I'm under contract with Verizon on a (REALLY lousy) dumb phone, as is my husband. We would both love to get iPhones, especially me. I'm just hoping that Verizon will let us upgrade early. It seems like it would be in their best interest to do so, since right now we don't have data plans. But I'm probably being too optimistic...sigh...
    01-10-2011 02:46 PM
    Finally, the Verizon iPhone is on the horizon! I have been dealing with MetroPCS fro a year because I refuse to give AT&T another dime for the hideous service they provide. While Metro is okay...well, the data speeds feel like dial-up. So yes, I am officially switching to Verizon! Long live the VeriPhone! I embrace my new carrier overlords!

Phew, I feel better. Not too over the top, I hope.
    Last edited by Cdat88; 01-11-2011 at 05:08 AM.
    01-10-2011 02:54 PM
    I like the iPhone, but I don't think I can ever downsize to a smaller screen. I have room for the keyboard and more content at the same time. While the large screen may be too big for those with small hands, its the perfect size for me.

but I find it funny. iPhone users don't want a larger screen, but they don't want a smaller screen on the iPad. They don't want bulk on the iPhone, but they want bulk on the ipad.
    01-10-2011 02:54 PM
    I have always been on Verizon, and finally I will be upgrading from my storm 2 to an iPhone. To think I almost settled for a Android phone!
    01-10-2011 02:57 PM
165 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD