Official I'm switching to Verizon iPhone thread!

tfalsetta#IM

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Key word is "ADEQUATE"

The reason the key word is adequate is because that's what Att network is now. Adequate. It use to be terrible and I would drop 20% of my calls. Now I rarely drop a call but it is still not as stable/reliable as Verizon. So since the feature surf and talk at the same time does not work on CDMA (if you never had this feature you won't miss it but if you ever used it you can't live without it) and now the Att network is ADEQUATE. I don't see many Att people switching. Also I think it will be Att that will get the iPhone 5 in July NOT Verizon. Apple releases new phones every summer and Att will get it first. Then Verizon will get it in December/January.

Now the number one reason people might change over to Verizon is to get their entire family on one plan. I have my wife and kids on Verizon and I am on Att with my brother in law. So we are paying for two "family share plans". So I will probably go to Verizon for that reason BUT I WANT THE IPHONE 5 so I will probably stay with Att.......I am so confused.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
The reason the key word is adequate is because that's what Att network is now. Adequate. It use to be terrible and I would drop 20% of my calls. Now I rarely drop a call but it is still not as stable/reliable as Verizon. So since the feature surf and talk at the same time does not work on CDMA (if you never had this feature you won't miss it but if you ever used it you can't live without it) and now the Att network is ADEQUATE. I don't see many Att people switching. Also I think it will be Att that will get the iPhone 5 in July NOT Verizon. Apple releases new phones every summer and Att will get it first. Then Verizon will get it in December/January.

Ehh. Apple is moving towards a Qualcomm chipset, which just so happens to be dual GSM/CDMA. To cut down costs, we'll see a new iPhone in the summer that will phase out the AT&T phone's chipset, and phase in the Verizon version's, or a new version. Apple is really proactive about cost-control, so they're probably itching to get the new chipset launched.

Now the number one reason people might change over to Verizon is to get their entire family on one plan. I have my wife and kids on Verizon and I am on Att with my brother in law. So we are paying for two "family share plans". So I will probably go to Verizon for that reason BUT I WANT THE IPHONE 5 so I will probably stay with Att.......I am so confused.

The iPhone 5 won't change much. Might get a new shell, maybe an updated processor (maybe even dual-core), but it will stay largely the same. Think 3G to 3GS. The NEXT next iPhone will be the biggest change, since it will likely introduce LTE to the family.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I left a T-mobile MyTouch 4G (and a Nexus S before that) to go the verizon iPhone. Leaving AT&T (where I had an iPhone 4 from July) was easy since they suck in my area, and my data speeds rarely broke 1 mbps, and more often than not sat around 500kbps.

Leaving T-mobile has been a lot more tough, however. Thanks to HSPA+ my speeds average 4mbps and as high as 8, and my plan was $80 a month. I also was able to take advantage of free wireless hotspot on the Mytouch, but didn't really use it. The speeds were amazing, but at the same time, way overkill unless you're using them for a hotspot. I'm going to give verizon a call and threaten to jump back to T-mobile because of the better rates, and see if they'll give me anything. I like Verizon's network stability better, so hopefully they'll throw me a bone.

Had an iPhone before, so the experience is that new to me. Its nice to have a phone with a steady signal for once, though!

ShannonDavis

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
First smart phone was Storm1. I loved the phone and even today I miss blackberry messenger and sure type. Switched to Droid Incredible. So much smoother and the internet works. Plus all the apps. Now switching to iPhone. I've had it one day and have to say it is even smoother than the DInc. I'll probably always use Verizon.

ivybiznatch

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I had 3 HTC Eris (lots of problems) and I now have an HTC Incredible, which I thought I liked, until it started having the same problems I called Verizon about. I am not going to call and let them send me another HTC. I think their products are horrendous!

I am ordering my iPhone tomorrow...thankfully I'm due for my last annual upgrade in my 2 year plan.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm ditching my Blackberry Bold 9650 for the iPhone 4. My mom already left her Blackberry for the iPhone and she loves it! I just have to wait until I get paid this month.... lol. The suspense is killing me...:eek:

Zephyr#AC

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Verizon iPhone 4 yesterday and am extremely happy with it so far! Im comming from a Palm Pre Plus and while i absolutely love webOS, the hardware on the Pre was pathetic and the Pre 3 was simply too far away to wait for lol

jskoland

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I have been a mac addict for about 7 years. Just got the new verizon iphone and I came from the droid x. To be honest the verdict is still out for me. Love the phone ( knew I would ) but I have to get used to the smaller size

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I switched on the 10th and couldn't be happier. I lost my company discount but 15 dollars extra is definately worth paying to have great service in my area.

cp9102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My first post here, Hello everyone. Anyways my wife and i ditched Sprint after 10 years to get iPhones with Verizon. LOVE the phone, and am now trying to find great apps to get. There are so many out there and many are straight up junk, full of ads, etc. Researching the "best" ones takes time but i'm getting there. It's work, but the process is fun.
I kind of hated leaving Sprint, they were good to me over the years to say the least, but let's be honest.....they were never getting the iPhone and i've wanted one since they came out. Only thing stopping me was AT&T, their service in my area is horrible.

zdkaram#IM

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
No doubt the iPhone is a dandy device. I switched from Blackbery and "Crackberry" the the Apple world and soon after have switched to Mac from PC.

Its all good

JasonR02

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, I think this weekend I'm going to make the jump to an iPhone. I've gone from a Blackberry Curve, to a Droid Eris, and now its time for my upgrade. I was planning on holding out for the HTC Thunderbolt, but the more I thought about it, I'd just be a beta tester for a 4G network that is questionably ready and will suck the battery of my phone dry. I've always been a fan of the iPhone, but I wasn't leaving Verizon. I'm going to miss a few things from Android, but I'm excited about finally getting an iPhone 4. My question is where is the best place to actually buy it. Is there any difference between buying it at the Verizon Store, Best Buy, or an Apple store. All three are close by and I didn't know if one had an advantage over the other. I have a $50 upgrade credit from Verizon if that makes a difference.
I appreciate any advice and I'm looking forward to posting on the forums here now that I'm going to be an iPhone owner.

Dustoff-00

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I think this weekend I'm going to make the jump to an iPhone. I've gone from a Blackberry Curve, to a Droid Eris, and now its time for my upgrade. I was planning on holding out for the HTC Thunderbolt, but the more I thought about it, I'd just be a beta tester for a 4G network that is questionably ready and will suck the battery of my phone dry. I've always been a fan of the iPhone, but I wasn't leaving Verizon. I'm going to miss a few things from Android, but I'm excited about finally getting an iPhone 4. My question is where is the best place to actually buy it. Is there any difference between buying it at the Verizon Store, Best Buy, or an Apple store. All three are close by and I didn't know if one had an advantage over the other. I have a $50 upgrade credit from Verizon if that makes a difference.
I appreciate any advice and I'm looking forward to posting on the forums here now that I'm going to be an iPhone owner.

I just switched to an iPhone4 as well (1 week now) and couldnt be happier. I called Verizon and got it for $39.00 brand new. Yes, they had some deal going on right now where they gave me a months plan for free. Since I have family plan 1400 ($110.00) and a $50. credit everything turned out great. Then I upgraded my added lines with walmart online and got those phones for free. Hope that helps.

mi_canuck#IM

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
switched to a verizon iphone on Saturday - very happy i did!!!... at&t was just getting worse for me, not better in my area... dropped calls, poor signal, especially indoors... inconsistent speeds... and just not digging how at&t was becoming more and more like the "new verizon"...

i do miss the simultaneous voice/data, was a nice feature and frankly at&t's *only* trump card right now - but even that was not a deal breaker to prevent from switching (even while still under contract with at&t)... call quality, call performance (ie. no dropping) and data speed consistency are all way better on verizon for me in my area...

plus now i'm on the nationwide + canada plan, so can call my family back home without any extra long distance charge, and even roam in canada at no charge... Glad I switched!

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had my iPhone for exactly a week and I absolutely love it. I had the Droid 2 Global before this and I don't miss anything about Android, especially the horrible battery life.

Frankie Figs

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm jumping the BlackBerry ship and getting an iPhone! I'll be getting mine on Monday! I'm tired of BlackBerry's lack of innovation! They have the same crap from 4 years ago except it has a trackpad and looks a lil different! I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73