Official I'm switching to Verizon iPhone thread!

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Seriously considering giving up my Storm2 for the iPhone, but in reality what am I giving up? I can always activate the storm again in a pinch. A couple of questions for the experts; a data plan is a data plan right? I won't need a different type of data plan for the iPhone than I have for my BB will I? Also do we really think Apple will still release a CDMA version of iPhone 5 in July? Or will the Verizon version get it's own timeline, so Feb 2012?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
>>> a data plan is a data plan right?

That has yet to be announced for sure. I'm thinking the next Verizon iPhone will be 4G/LTE...

smh16

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Current Verizon customer hoping to (finally) move up from my dumb phone to the iPhone. I love my iPod touch and am so excited to finally have a chance to get an iPhone. Very happy with Verizon, especially considering they are the only carrier that provides a strong and reliable signal to my home & work.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Not leaving AT&T. I've never had a problem with them. But of course that's just in my area. I obviously can't speak for everybody.

Roose00

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
is the iphone going to be updated in the middle of the year again? usual apple upgrade right? plus 4g is becoming the norm. would it be best to wait for only half a year perhaps?

WascalWabbit

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm already with Verizon. I have been waiting for a long time for an iPhone and in February the wait is over. I will retire my Blackberry and never look back.

dalema

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Bye bye Storm2 - but not quite yet

I've seen a couple of Storm2 users posting. I'm guessing 6/29/11 will be a big day if they were first day release buyers of that phone and the Ne2 kicks in (unless an early upgrade is allowed eventually). With that in mind, I'm going to hold out until summer for hopefully the iPhone 5 which will hopefully be LTE (and even more importantly hopefully available for VZN).

Does VZN allow a 1 year upgrade - kind of suprised they aren't doing more for those still under contract to lock them in for another 2 years (at least at this stage).

My only pause at that stage will be if the email "push" can ever be like BB. Any experience iPhone peeps?

Now, having said all that, trying to get my wife to wait that long maybe a different story.

Oh - and a final thought - will VZN allow Skype over WiFi on the iPhone - bugs that they don't on my BB.

Anyway, can't wait until summer!

impreza_racer99

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
ive got verizon and dont get an upgrade until april so ive got time to see if there are any issues.

right when i heard about this i jumped on it til i remembered the antenna issues. im hoping its free from them, but apple wont make the mistake twice right?

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a Droid Pro on Verizon and I'll be switching to the iPhone. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until July but I'll be pre-ordering it as soon as February 3rd rolls around.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am happy with at&t here in Arizona as well, really have no reason to switch back to Verizon, plus I like the fact that here in Tucson at&t actually has great customer service.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
We travel a lot and in mountains and small towns of CO there is no 3G from Att just crappy edge. I've always wanted a VZW wireless card, But I couldn't justify the expense
Now. iPhone will be a Hotspot, better service (here anyway), and I don't have to jailbreak anymore for Mywi...... W00T. I'm super happy and Ill save money too.

Planning on adding 1 more to our family plan for a total of 3.

I should save about $15 a month.

CJBullitt

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
New to the site, but I'm already on the VZW team but I'll be switching from my Incredible to a iPhone. I have been waiting a long time for this, the Droids were fun while they lasted but I'm ready for my iPhone.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
New to the site, but I'm already on the VZW team but I'll be switching from my Incredible to a iPhone. I have been waiting a long time for this, the Droids were fun while they lasted but I'm ready for my iPhone.

I played with an Incredible and liked it. What do you expect to get from the iPhone that the HTC lacks?

There is one thing that I have on my iPhone which I'd never wish to give up and that's the retina display. I read a LOT on my phone which is why I say that, but for most, it seems to me that the various droid phones work darned well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73