Official I'm switching to Verizon iPhone thread!

urbanxplorer#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm happy with AT&T and won't be switching to Verizon. The service is great here in Western New York. Verizon customer service is horrible and they charge more. I travel back and forth from the US to Canada so Verizon won't work. I always feel bad for my Verizon friends when we're up in Canada at the beach and they can't get a signal ;) Verizon is not an option for anyone traveling outside of the US.

I need voice and data for work...another reason why I like AT&T. I like that I can be on a call and my emails keep coming. I hated when I had Verizon and your emails would queue up until you finished calling or texting.

Last edited:

tatts

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been searching for a similar device to the iPhone since my first iPod. I do like my Incredible but the combination and ease of the iPhone is what I always wanted. So with that said I am switching but the incredible is still going to be in my possession for my other lines so I guess it is a win win lol.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching the second a pre-order is possible... fu(k at&t and their $#!tty network... i'm reached my breaking point with them...

tibbi64

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering about that too.

Those of you on Verizon right now may also want to consider bypassing this iPhone and wait for the next version in June/July time frame. If you pull the trigger now you may not be eligible to upgrade this summer.

Hermdog

I've waited this long I may just wait for the Iphone5.

jiden77

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'll be switching (back) to Verizon when it's available. It's not so much data speed that's terrible for me, as it is reliable voice service.

Exactly! I can never get reliable service in Houston, unless I am at home with my AT&T Micro Cell. Yeah, I paid $150 for service I should already have :mad:

bilbothejust

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Curious. What do you see the iPhone 4 getting you over the Incredible?

Several things...

1. The Incredible reboots itself ocassionally for unknown reasons
2. The battery gets very hot
3. The touch screen is less responsive than the iPhone
4. Overall UI is not as good as the iPhone (this is just a personal perspective)
5. The market is a mess. I don't know any other way to put it. You may not like Apple's sandbox, BUT you can always get a better look at an app in iTunes than on a tiny screen compared to the phone.
6. Better battery life

My big hope is that the VZW iPhone will not drop calls. The Incredible has never dropped a call...I like HTC Sense UI but not as well as the iPhone. I do wish that iPhone had a decent lock screen. That is all.

jeremyc

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait! AT&T is terrible where I am. That is unless you don't mind crummy data speeds and redialing every time your call drops.

I'll tolerate the ETF for decent service.

Erievon

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Love TiPb but I'm here for the iPad. I'm a blackberry user, and I'm keeping my 9650. This announcement only means potentially over-saturated network for me. Hope they did enough to build out their bandwidth, or they keep the BIS traffic seperated.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm on VZW and have BB Storm 1 (I know ugh) and have been patiently waiting for the Storm 3 to drop which has been rumored for over a year to have QNX, 1GB ROM, 1GHZ PrOCESSOR, 8GB ONBOARD MEMORY, 8MP REAR CAM and 5MP FORWARD CAM but it seems that BB is pre-occupied with the PlayBook to discuss any info on their smartphones which is a shame since I am starting to lose my loyalty towards them and the announcement of the VZW iPhone will make me jump ship. My contract expires on Jan 22 as well as other Storm users and VZW and BB know this yet RIM refuses to give us any info about what is to come. Between now and Feb 3rd RIM could drop a bombshell or continue to PlayBook it up and ignore their core business.

solo#IM

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
I will be switching just to make a statement to AT&T for being greedy. They have done very little in the last 2 years to improve their signal reliability. I drop 5-10 calls a day in the SF Bay area. That is unacceptable. I will be paying close to $800 for ETF for two phones, but can recoup that by selling the AT&T locked iphones. Bye bye AT&T!

claustin

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait. I had the iPhone when I lived in Denver and then I moved to North Dakota where AT&T has no footprint. AT&T recently aquired Verizon's Alltel holdings in the area, so I switched to Alltel last month to be ready for the iPhone when they switched over to AT&T. Now I'm definitely switching back once the switch happens and i can get out of this AT&T contract. Two reasons for doing this: 1) Unlimited data plan, and 2) all my friends are still on Verizon and I can use mobile to mobile minutes.

mistermcquay

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Currently ...

I have TWO BlackBerry devices (both are the so-called iPhone killer, the Storm2) with Big Red. I'd like to get rid of one of them and get an iPhone with them. I also have an iPhone 3GS running on SimpleMobile's network which showed me just how awesome the experience is on the iPhone. My issue is one that no one seems to have addressed. What about insurance? These phones are VERY expensive. This is a HUGE issue a LOT of my friends have with AT&T. Anyone have any ideas?

janedo1586

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I am gladly dumping my Verizon Storm 2 for an iPhone. Already have an appointment on launch day with my local rep. Don't have AT&T here, so have been waiting a LONG time for this...

drknight

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've been with Verizon for 10+ years and recently switched to AT&T (September 2010) to get the iPhone 4 with my girlfriend for a 2 year contract. So far, no problems with AT&T's network. Incredible 3g speed! Never encountered a dropped call just yet, so I am content with AT&T so far. If our 2 year contract expires with AT&T, we MIGHT switch to Verizon.

iPhone0001

Nov 28, 2010
photographicvignettes.com
Currently with AT&T and have been happy with their service here in Michigan. I sometimes travel abroad and my GSM iPhone4 has been solid. I also like that with the GSM you can talk on the phone while you?re using data at the same time. With CDMA (Verizon) you can?t.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal