Official I'm switching to Verizon iPhone thread!

Georgia

iMore Prime
Feb 15, 2010
www.tipb.com
Are you leaving AT&T and switching to a sweet Verizon iPhone?

Are you already on Verizon and ditching your BlackBerry or Droooooid to go iPhone?

Are you finally leaving Sprint or T-Mobile to get on the Verizon iPhone bandwagon?

Let me know what you're thinking!

tibbi64

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Have a htc incredible and saving my upgrade. :) I really don't mind if the new Iphone is not LTE b/c by the time 4g is everywhere like 3g. You will be able to upgrade again. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have AT&T and am actually quite happy with their service in Arizona... I have no desire to go to VZW and certainly don't want to pay $1300 in ETFs for the privilege (4 lines on a family plan) ...

That said, my son, who is already on VZW will be ditching his Droid X for the iPhone as soon as it's available...

Reactions: Sky_eye

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Will give up my BB Tour on Verizon for the iPhone. Would have had one were it not for AT&Ts network where I live in Iowa is just not as good as Verizon's (used to be Alltel).

Reactions: weblou

lr_zuber

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I have a Storm 2 and my husband has a Storm 1. We've been waiting for the iPhone for quite a while. Thankfully we're 22 months into our contract and fully upgrade eligible. I only hope VZW continues the unlimited data and lets us sign a 1 year contract (for a little more money of course) so we can get new phones every ~10 months.

AT&T doesn't provide service in our area, so that's never been an option.

anon4705193

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I currently have Verizon and a Blackberry Storm 1, with a new upgrade date between now and mid-March. Of course I'll be using it for the iPhone if all of this is true.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I have AT&T and am actually quite happy with their service in Arizona... I have no desire to go to VZW and certainly don't want to pay $1300 in ETFs for the privilege (4 lines on a family plan) ...

That said, my son, who is already on VZW will be ditching his Droid X for the iPhone as soon as it's available...

Is he unhappy with something about his Droid X or just looking for a change?

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Those of you on Verizon right now may also want to consider bypassing this iPhone and wait for the next version in June/July time frame. If you pull the trigger now you may not be eligible to upgrade this summer.

Hermdog

bmxfreak995

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been waiting for the verizon iphone since say one. I am one of those loyal Verizon customers. Currently i have a BB Bold 9650. Ill will be giving it away! Hope Verizon dosnt let me down.

lordgoofy

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Those of you on Verizon right now may also want to consider bypassing this iPhone and wait for the next version in June/July time frame. If you pull the trigger now you may not be eligible to upgrade this summer.

Hermdog

This is exactly what I am thinking about doing. I get my (last) NE2 at the end of Feb. Currently have a working trackball on my Tour and may get a Bold (free) from a friend to hold me over until this summer to see if the iPhone 5(or whatever it will be).

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it. OK, so now it's definite, but does the same sureness exist about the cost? VZ here costs roughly double what my T-Mob costs me for the same service. If that drastically changes, I may switch but I don't see what I'd get except VZ's coverage here is a slight bit better than T-Mob. Both flatten AT&T which is terrible here.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Currently with AT&T... just got my iPhone 4 last month. So I'll be sticking with AT&T for 2 more years..... but when the contract is up I just may jump to Verizon. The iPhone was basically my only reason for staying with AT&T.

ncognitophreak

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll switch

I'm on ATT and my wife is literally in love with verizon. we have had many "intense moments of fellowship" over whether or not we could switch to ATT because i love my iPhone. VZ get's iphone and i switch. hands down. then by 2013 i'll get a 4G-LTE iPhone and then the 'slow lane' is over. i can deal for a while waiting for VZ's upgrades. However, the dual core 1gHz snapdragon does sound delicious.

Gordonw

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I won't be switching. Don't have any issues with AT&T. It will be interesting to see how many Verizon customers will be switching from their Android phones. For those on Verizon, we all hear the hype about surf and talk at the same time, but my question is when you happen to be online with your current smartphone, when a call comes in does the call cut through, busy signal, or voicemail?

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I'm happy with ATT. If the Verizon iPhone does come out, I'll probably wait till next years NFL season to start before I switch..... NFL Network should be worth it.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I won't be switching. Don't have any issues with AT&T. It will be interesting to see how many Verizon customers will be switching from their Android phones. For those on Verizon, we all hear the hype about surf and talk at the same time, but my question is when you happen to be online with your current smartphone, when a call comes in does the call cut through, busy signal, or voicemail?

Well you can count one ditching Android. I used it when it first came out when I was on Tmobile, and it was just rough around the edges. This Christmas Verizon was running a deal on a mobile to mobile family plan that I could not pass up so we took 3 lines to Big Red. Coverage is a lot better than TMO, but it was hard to give up the iPhones we were using. My wife and daughter are ok with their droids but I have a feeling they will be getting one for their birthdays.

I just hope I can buy it off contract when it releases. Unless it comes out in the next 12 days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blutrolCRASH