Dont get me wrong....Verizon is by far the best voice network around.....I have an AT&T Iphone and it drops calls (not as bad as it use to) but the fact that AT&T GSM technology is faster and you can surf and talk means a better data experieince...

My prediction Voice will be MUCH better on Verizon..Data will not be as good as AT&T....However it's all about the voice
    02-03-2011 08:20 PM
    I switched from a Verizon Droid 2 to the Verizon iPhone. AT&T has faster data, but in the part of the city that I live in (which is the main district) they say that they don't have service. So I'll keep my slower but reliable data. Would've been an hour away from a 3g area anyway.
    02-03-2011 08:24 PM
    Just sold my HTC Evo on ebay and will be moving from sprint to verizon for the iPhone. No ETFs for my lines because sprint sucks up here in North Dakota. Excited to have good coverage and and great phone. Its only going to cost me about $15 more a month. Not bad...
    02-04-2011 02:24 AM
    I'm coming back to VZW when i get it

Although I love my HD7 alot so i might decide to stick with that...But i have 14 days to decide if i like my iphone or not
    02-04-2011 08:00 PM
    I have a Blackberry Storm 2 and getting the Verizon iPhone 4, I can't believe my older iPod Touch handles things way faster than a Storm 2...and the iPhone 4 is two generations newer than my iPod, can't wait!
    02-06-2011 12:52 AM
    I am switching to the Verizon Iphone from AT&T Iphone. My question is this: If I order my Verizon Iphone from either the Apple or Verizon online store at 3:01AM, can I do it in a way that they have the phone for me to pickup at a nearby Verizon store at 7AM Thursday?
    02-06-2011 11:54 AM
    I am switching to the Verizon Iphone from AT&T Iphone. My question is this: If I order my Verizon Iphone from either the Apple or Verizon online store at 3:01AM, can I do it in a way that they have the phone for me to pickup at a nearby Verizon store at 7AM Thursday?
    Anything ordered on-line ships to your home/business. If you want to get one in a store, make an appointment and have one reserved. Yeah, they'll do that - especially if you're going to be a new line for them in the store.
    martymapson likes this.
    02-06-2011 11:59 AM
    Hey, thanks for the info. I would have never known that I could do that. It will certainly make it easier for me, it is suppose to be -10 that morning and I have to work later that day too.
    02-06-2011 12:05 PM
    I am curious about how many people on Verizon who didn't want to leave are now upgrading to the iPhone 4.
    02-06-2011 01:35 PM
    Love my iPhone. Never had a dropped call with ATT.
    02-06-2011 08:34 PM
    leaving my droid x in july to get the iphone 5.
    02-07-2011 10:25 AM
    Just placed the order in for me and my wife. She's switching from ATT (iPhone 3G) and I'm switching from Sprint (HTC EVO). My Sprint data is unlimited but I have such poor signal when I enter the building where I work that I am unable to listen to Pandora. I'm looking forward to having good cell phone coverage while at work with Verizon.
    02-09-2011 03:11 AM
    I left Verizon and went with AT&T when iPhone 4 came out. Now I wish I could go back. I love my iPhone, AT&T isn't bad but I love Verizon's overall network and service more. It's all good
    02-09-2011 09:07 PM
    I did not want to leave Verizon because of the great service I get and I doubt my dad would have let me go to At&t just for a phone that would get lousy service in my area. I knew I would be sticking with Verizon for the long run so I spent every day looking on Tipb, on crackberry on their iphone and verizon forums, search for verizon iphone in google news, etc. praying that one day, there would be a story confirming the iphone. Once I saw the flyer for the 1/11/11 event, I knewwwwww it was here ughhh I'm so jealous of everyone that has theirs already! My roommate just texted me to tell me she's ordering hers online right now I'm going to go crazy if she comes back here in a few days with that iphone in her hand, just seeing it will make me jealous. I am supposed to get it soon, my mom says, because she said it's my birthday present but she's still waiting for my grandpas inheritance to be given to her and she says when she gets it I can get it, but who knows how long that will be... I need to stop obsessing over this phone lol.
    02-09-2011 10:55 PM
    I have been waiting to get an iPhone since it first came out but I wasn't willing to leave VZW for AT&T so I got a Storm, then the original Droid, then the Droid X I was so frustrated with the Droid X I decided it was time to come home to the iPhone even if it meant paying full price, so I went out Friday morning and got my iPhone and I couldn't be more happy. (didn't have to pay full price just added another line)
    02-12-2011 09:47 AM
    The reason the key word is adequate is because that's what Att network is now. Adequate. It use to be terrible and I would drop 20% of my calls. Now I rarely drop a call but it is still not as stable/reliable as Verizon. So since the feature surf and talk at the same time does not work on CDMA (if you never had this feature you won't miss it but if you ever used it you can't live without it) and now the Att network is ADEQUATE. I don't see many Att people switching. Also I think it will be Att that will get the iPhone 5 in July NOT Verizon. Apple releases new phones every summer and Att will get it first. Then Verizon will get it in December/January.

Now the number one reason people might change over to Verizon is to get their entire family on one plan. I have my wife and kids on Verizon and I am on Att with my brother in law. So we are paying for two "family share plans". So I will probably go to Verizon for that reason BUT I WANT THE IPHONE 5 so I will probably stay with Att.......I am so confused.
    02-12-2011 01:19 PM
    The reason the key word is adequate is because that's what Att network is now. Adequate. It use to be terrible and I would drop 20% of my calls. Now I rarely drop a call but it is still not as stable/reliable as Verizon. So since the feature surf and talk at the same time does not work on CDMA (if you never had this feature you won't miss it but if you ever used it you can't live without it) and now the Att network is ADEQUATE. I don't see many Att people switching. Also I think it will be Att that will get the iPhone 5 in July NOT Verizon. Apple releases new phones every summer and Att will get it first. Then Verizon will get it in December/January.
    Ehh. Apple is moving towards a Qualcomm chipset, which just so happens to be dual GSM/CDMA. To cut down costs, we'll see a new iPhone in the summer that will phase out the AT&T phone's chipset, and phase in the Verizon version's, or a new version. Apple is really proactive about cost-control, so they're probably itching to get the new chipset launched.

Now the number one reason people might change over to Verizon is to get their entire family on one plan. I have my wife and kids on Verizon and I am on Att with my brother in law. So we are paying for two "family share plans". So I will probably go to Verizon for that reason BUT I WANT THE IPHONE 5 so I will probably stay with Att.......I am so confused.
    The iPhone 5 won't change much. Might get a new shell, maybe an updated processor (maybe even dual-core), but it will stay largely the same. Think 3G to 3GS. The NEXT next iPhone will be the biggest change, since it will likely introduce LTE to the family.
    02-13-2011 02:10 AM
    Personally, I left a T-mobile MyTouch 4G (and a Nexus S before that) to go the verizon iPhone. Leaving AT&T (where I had an iPhone 4 from July) was easy since they suck in my area, and my data speeds rarely broke 1 mbps, and more often than not sat around 500kbps.

Leaving T-mobile has been a lot more tough, however. Thanks to HSPA+ my speeds average 4mbps and as high as 8, and my plan was $80 a month. I also was able to take advantage of free wireless hotspot on the Mytouch, but didn't really use it. The speeds were amazing, but at the same time, way overkill unless you're using them for a hotspot. I'm going to give verizon a call and threaten to jump back to T-mobile because of the better rates, and see if they'll give me anything. I like Verizon's network stability better, so hopefully they'll throw me a bone.

Had an iPhone before, so the experience is that new to me. Its nice to have a phone with a steady signal for once, though!
    02-13-2011 02:19 AM
    First smart phone was Storm1. I loved the phone and even today I miss blackberry messenger and sure type. Switched to Droid Incredible. So much smoother and the internet works. Plus all the apps. Now switching to iPhone. I've had it one day and have to say it is even smoother than the DInc. I'll probably always use Verizon.
    02-15-2011 06:49 AM
    I had 3 HTC Eris (lots of problems) and I now have an HTC Incredible, which I thought I liked, until it started having the same problems I called Verizon about. I am not going to call and let them send me another HTC. I think their products are horrendous!

I am ordering my iPhone tomorrow...thankfully I'm due for my last annual upgrade in my 2 year plan.
    02-17-2011 07:24 AM
    I'm ditching my Blackberry Bold 9650 for the iPhone 4. My mom already left her Blackberry for the iPhone and she loves it! I just have to wait until I get paid this month.... lol. The suspense is killing me...
    02-17-2011 06:37 PM
    Just got my Verizon iPhone 4 yesterday and am extremely happy with it so far! Im comming from a Palm Pre Plus and while i absolutely love webOS, the hardware on the Pre was pathetic and the Pre 3 was simply too far away to wait for lol
    02-19-2011 02:07 AM
    Coming from a Droid Eris and could not be happier so far with the VZW iphone.

Jimbo
    02-19-2011 08:14 AM
    Its not worth the hassle of switching for me.
    02-20-2011 11:38 PM
    Well I have been a mac addict for about 7 years. Just got the new verizon iphone and I came from the droid x. To be honest the verdict is still out for me. Love the phone ( knew I would ) but I have to get used to the smaller size
    02-22-2011 03:38 PM
165 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD