Nope. Love TiPb but I'm here for the iPad. I'm a blackberry user, and I'm keeping my 9650. This announcement only means potentially over-saturated network for me. Hope they did enough to build out their bandwidth, or they keep the BIS traffic seperated.
    01-11-2011 11:55 AM
    I'm on VZW and have BB Storm 1 (I know ugh) and have been patiently waiting for the Storm 3 to drop which has been rumored for over a year to have QNX, 1GB ROM, 1GHZ PrOCESSOR, 8GB ONBOARD MEMORY, 8MP REAR CAM and 5MP FORWARD CAM but it seems that BB is pre-occupied with the PlayBook to discuss any info on their smartphones which is a shame since I am starting to lose my loyalty towards them and the announcement of the VZW iPhone will make me jump ship. My contract expires on Jan 22 as well as other Storm users and VZW and BB know this yet RIM refuses to give us any info about what is to come. Between now and Feb 3rd RIM could drop a bombshell or continue to PlayBook it up and ignore their core business.
    01-11-2011 12:09 PM
    I will be switching just to make a statement to AT&T for being greedy. They have done very little in the last 2 years to improve their signal reliability. I drop 5-10 calls a day in the SF Bay area. That is unacceptable. I will be paying close to $800 for ETF for two phones, but can recoup that by selling the AT&T locked iphones. Bye bye AT&T!
    01-11-2011 01:11 PM
    Can't wait. I had the iPhone when I lived in Denver and then I moved to North Dakota where AT&T has no footprint. AT&T recently aquired Verizon's Alltel holdings in the area, so I switched to Alltel last month to be ready for the iPhone when they switched over to AT&T. Now I'm definitely switching back once the switch happens and i can get out of this AT&T contract. Two reasons for doing this: 1) Unlimited data plan, and 2) all my friends are still on Verizon and I can use mobile to mobile minutes.
    01-11-2011 02:54 PM
    I have TWO BlackBerry devices (both are the so-called iPhone killer, the Storm2) with Big Red. I'd like to get rid of one of them and get an iPhone with them. I also have an iPhone 3GS running on SimpleMobile's network which showed me just how awesome the experience is on the iPhone. My issue is one that no one seems to have addressed. What about insurance? These phones are VERY expensive. This is a HUGE issue a LOT of my friends have with AT&T. Anyone have any ideas?
    01-11-2011 03:07 PM
    I am getting rid of my storm for an iPhone as soon as humanly possible.
    smart move
    01-11-2011 03:14 PM
    I am gladly dumping my Verizon Storm 2 for an iPhone. Already have an appointment on launch day with my local rep. Don't have AT&T here, so have been waiting a LONG time for this...
    01-11-2011 03:40 PM
    Leaving Sprint and going to Verizon for the Iphone 4
    01-11-2011 04:42 PM
    I've been with Verizon for 10+ years and recently switched to AT&T (September 2010) to get the iPhone 4 with my girlfriend for a 2 year contract. So far, no problems with AT&T's network. Incredible 3g speed! Never encountered a dropped call just yet, so I am content with AT&T so far. If our 2 year contract expires with AT&T, we MIGHT switch to Verizon.
    01-11-2011 05:09 PM
    Currently with AT&T and have been happy with their service here in Michigan. I sometimes travel abroad and my GSM iPhone4 has been solid. I also like that with the GSM you can talk on the phone while youre using data at the same time. With CDMA (Verizon) you cant.
    01-11-2011 05:13 PM
    Seriously considering giving up my Storm2 for the iPhone, but in reality what am I giving up? I can always activate the storm again in a pinch. A couple of questions for the experts; a data plan is a data plan right? I won't need a different type of data plan for the iPhone than I have for my BB will I? Also do we really think Apple will still release a CDMA version of iPhone 5 in July? Or will the Verizon version get it's own timeline, so Feb 2012?
    01-11-2011 06:32 PM
    >>> a data plan is a data plan right?

That has yet to be announced for sure. I'm thinking the next Verizon iPhone will be 4G/LTE...
    01-11-2011 06:46 PM
    Current Verizon customer hoping to (finally) move up from my dumb phone to the iPhone. I love my iPod touch and am so excited to finally have a chance to get an iPhone. Very happy with Verizon, especially considering they are the only carrier that provides a strong and reliable signal to my home & work.
    01-11-2011 06:48 PM
    Not leaving AT&T. I've never had a problem with them. But of course that's just in my area. I obviously can't speak for everybody.
    01-11-2011 06:52 PM
    I have no desire to switch. I love AT&T in my area and 3G is fast.
    01-11-2011 07:15 PM
    is the iphone going to be updated in the middle of the year again? usual apple upgrade right? plus 4g is becoming the norm. would it be best to wait for only half a year perhaps?
    01-11-2011 08:01 PM
    I'm already with Verizon. I have been waiting for a long time for an iPhone and in February the wait is over. I will retire my Blackberry and never look back.
    01-11-2011 09:14 PM
    any idea how much the 32 gig will be retail?
    01-11-2011 09:24 PM
    any idea how much the 32 gig will be retail?
    Pricing is same as AT&T.
    01-11-2011 09:25 PM
    Love your site. Faithfully visit everyday. I can't wait for the Verizon iPhone. Would love to win one here!!
    01-11-2011 09:28 PM
    im on verizon and have a droid and im going to switch to the iphone cant wait to get it ive been waiting for years for an iphone on verizon
    01-12-2011 12:39 AM
    I've seen a couple of Storm2 users posting. I'm guessing 6/29/11 will be a big day if they were first day release buyers of that phone and the Ne2 kicks in (unless an early upgrade is allowed eventually). With that in mind, I'm going to hold out until summer for hopefully the iPhone 5 which will hopefully be LTE (and even more importantly hopefully available for VZN).

Does VZN allow a 1 year upgrade - kind of suprised they aren't doing more for those still under contract to lock them in for another 2 years (at least at this stage).

My only pause at that stage will be if the email "push" can ever be like BB. Any experience iPhone peeps?

Now, having said all that, trying to get my wife to wait that long maybe a different story.

Oh - and a final thought - will VZN allow Skype over WiFi on the iPhone - bugs that they don't on my BB.

Anyway, can't wait until summer!
    01-12-2011 12:44 AM
    Check out ImSwitchingToVerizon.com for the Ultimate Website addressing this exact issue. SWITCH OVER! Let your voice be heard!

01-12-2011 01:23 AM
    ive got verizon and dont get an upgrade until april so ive got time to see if there are any issues.

right when i heard about this i jumped on it til i remembered the antenna issues. im hoping its free from them, but apple wont make the mistake twice right?
    01-12-2011 04:04 AM
    I have a Droid Pro on Verizon and I'll be switching to the iPhone. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until July but I'll be pre-ordering it as soon as February 3rd rolls around.
    01-12-2011 09:36 AM
165 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD