I have always been on Verizon, and finally I will be upgrading from my storm 2 to an iPhone. To think I almost settled for a Android phone!
    To be honest android is not bad. Yes, there are some gripes I have, but you'll find that with any tech product. I didn't get an iPhone because of the plans the the over priced deposit fee. Glad I didn't. I lover my EVO, but I will be watching the keynote tommorow. If it is a verizon iPhone and if it would be worth switching over, then I'll switch.
    01-10-2011 02:59 PM
    I am getting rid of my storm for an iPhone as soon as humanly possible.
    01-10-2011 03:56 PM
    Have an upgrade available right now so I'll use it to switch from my BB Curve.
    01-10-2011 04:22 PM
    I may switch, just not right away. I am hoping many people leave At&t to free up some bandwidth to make my service better. If I don't see an improvement, then I will give Verizon a shot. I didn't get an iPhone 4 just in case it came to Verizon. Only a little time left on my contract so, I have some time left to decide.
    01-10-2011 04:52 PM
    I'll be switching (back) to Verizon when it's available. It's not so much data speed that's terrible for me, as it is reliable voice service.
    01-10-2011 05:19 PM
    I'm personally staying with AT&T until the iPhone 5 comes out. If the iPhone 5 (or whatever they end up calling it) comes out on Verizon the same day as it does for AT&T, then I'll probably switch just to get on a family share plan with my wife. She can NOT get coverage with AT&T at work so it's not an option for her.

I already own an iPhone 4 so for me it would be getting the same phone I have now, which I would have to pay a lot to cancel, and 3on a slower network (for now w/o LTE). So I'm not switching yet but will someday.

Oh, if Verizon does something stupid like taking in trades and paying the ETF (or at least a good portion) then maybe I will switch right away, but I'm not holding my breath.
    01-10-2011 05:53 PM
    Verizon Droid Eris owner that will be jumpinf ship to an iPhone.....can't wait.
    01-10-2011 05:57 PM
    I left AT&T and sold my iPhone to go Verizon two months ago...just waiting for the VZW iPhone. I was dropping 50% of my calls on AT&T. The Droid Incredible I have now has NEVER dropped a call and I don't believe (READ: hope) it is not because of the iPhone. VZW + iPhone FTW!
    01-10-2011 07:00 PM
    Gordonw, when surfing on my vow blackberry storm the phone call will come through. I myself have been waiting for the day for vzw to offer the iPhone. Like since 2007. I'll be making the switch from the bb storm 2 to the iPhone, no matter if it's the 4 or 5 or 1. Just love the apple products and so use to using the iPad and iMac and the MacBook pro. My buddy at vzw store said the new phones they are coming out with on the droid network are bad a$$. Them being on the 4g and all. Oh well like I said before I've been waiting forever for one. And if it is just a little better than my crack berry I'm satisfied.
    01-10-2011 07:05 PM
    I won't be switching. Don't have any issues with AT&T. It will be interesting to see how many Verizon customers will be switching from their Android phones. For those on Verizon, we all hear the hype about surf and talk at the same time, but my question is when you happen to be online with your current smartphone, when a call comes in does the call cut through, busy signal, or voicemail?
    The call come through and you go right back to doing what you were. There is a little green bar at the top that you can tap and go back into the phone functions if you wish.
    01-10-2011 07:47 PM
    I left AT&T and sold my iPhone to go Verizon two months ago...just waiting for the VZW iPhone. I was dropping 50% of my calls on AT&T. The Droid Incredible I have now has NEVER dropped a call and I don't believe (READ: hope) it is not because of the iPhone. VZW + iPhone FTW!
    Curious. What do you see the iPhone 4 getting you over the Incredible?
    01-10-2011 07:47 PM
    I am on Verizon and geting rid of my HTC droid Incredible. I have been following the Verizon Iphone rumors for over a year now. Am so glad it seems to finally be arriving. Now everything will just work with my macbook like it should. YEAH!!!!!! TIPB is my new favirote site. I check it like every hr or so just to see whats going on.
    01-10-2011 08:24 PM
    I'll also be getting the iPhone when my NE2 is up at the end of April. Good-bye, unreliable, crappy BlackBerry! Hello sweet iPhone happiness!
    01-11-2011 12:20 AM
    Looking forward to Verizon. ATT was a horrible short lived experience.
    Was over my monthly minutes each month, just in dropped calls.
    01-11-2011 01:49 AM
    ...my question is when you happen to be online with your current smartphone, when a call comes in does the call cut through, busy signal, or voicemail?
    It cuts through. It's not like dial up AOL. Although that would be hilarious if it was like that. All the new iPhone owners on verizon would be unreachable for the first week while they nerd out on safari haha
    01-11-2011 03:48 AM
    I'm happy with AT&T and won't be switching to Verizon. The service is great here in Western New York. Verizon customer service is horrible and they charge more. I travel back and forth from the US to Canada so Verizon won't work. I always feel bad for my Verizon friends when we're up in Canada at the beach and they can't get a signal Verizon is not an option for anyone traveling outside of the US.

I need voice and data for work...another reason why I like AT&T. I like that I can be on a call and my emails keep coming. I hated when I had Verizon and your emails would queue up until you finished calling or texting.
    Last edited by urbanxplorer; 01-11-2011 at 08:46 AM.
    01-11-2011 08:44 AM
    I have been searching for a similar device to the iPhone since my first iPod. I do like my Incredible but the combination and ease of the iPhone is what I always wanted. So with that said I am switching but the incredible is still going to be in my possession for my other lines so I guess it is a win win lol.
    01-11-2011 08:55 AM
    I'm switching the second a pre-order is possible... fu(k at&t and their $#!tty network... i'm reached my breaking point with them...
    01-11-2011 09:02 AM
    Absolutely utterly no desire to switch, 5+Mbps ATT 3G and simultaneous voice and data, no thanks Verizon. Oh yea nearly $700 in ETF's.. um no.
    01-11-2011 09:24 AM
    Those of you on Verizon right now may also want to consider bypassing this iPhone and wait for the next version in June/July time frame. If you pull the trigger now you may not be eligible to upgrade this summer.

Hermdog
    I've waited this long I may just wait for the Iphone5.
    01-11-2011 09:31 AM
    No LTE = No Switch
    01-11-2011 09:37 AM
    I've waited this long I may just wait for the Iphone5.
    Agreed. That's what I would do if I was going to go to Verizon. But AT&T has been good to me.
    01-11-2011 09:42 AM
    I'll be switching (back) to Verizon when it's available. It's not so much data speed that's terrible for me, as it is reliable voice service.
    Exactly! I can never get reliable service in Houston, unless I am at home with my AT&T Micro Cell. Yeah, I paid $150 for service I should already have
    01-11-2011 10:22 AM
    Curious. What do you see the iPhone 4 getting you over the Incredible?
    Several things...

1. The Incredible reboots itself ocassionally for unknown reasons
    2. The battery gets very hot
    3. The touch screen is less responsive than the iPhone
    4. Overall UI is not as good as the iPhone (this is just a personal perspective)
    5. The market is a mess. I don't know any other way to put it. You may not like Apple's sandbox, BUT you can always get a better look at an app in iTunes than on a tiny screen compared to the phone.
    6. Better battery life

My big hope is that the VZW iPhone will not drop calls. The Incredible has never dropped a call...I like HTC Sense UI but not as well as the iPhone. I do wish that iPhone had a decent lock screen. That is all.
    01-11-2011 10:44 AM
    Can't wait! AT&T is terrible where I am. That is unless you don't mind crummy data speeds and redialing every time your call drops.

I'll tolerate the ETF for decent service.
    01-11-2011 11:46 AM
165 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD