I have a 16 gig non-jailbroken iPhone 4, purchased on September 24th. I have the battery indicator percentage turned on, due to the fact that it gives me a slightly more accurate knowing of how much battery I have left.

However, since pretty much day one (but more so since 4.2.1), I have a peculiar issue with my battery indicator. Doing a restore and backup hasn't helped. I charge my phone pretty much every night due to my heavy use of it during the day, and I unplug it and go about my day in the mornings. Well, EVERY day now, after about a half-hour after being unplugged and pretty much totally on stand-by (I don't use the phone until evenings most of the time), my battery indicator will switch to 99%. I know good and well that it's not on 99%, so I turn it off and back on. Then, I'm back at 100% like I know I should be.

After being turned off and back on that one time, the indicator works as it should. This has become an every day occurrence.

A less-frequent problem is that it will switch from full charge to 99% and charging while still plugged in. I turn it off and back on then, and it's once again back up to 100%. I've also had it say 100% when plugged in and then switch immediately to 99% once unplugged. These issues happen like once a month at the absolute most, unlike the other issue which is every day.

Is it just me, or is this a problem that's been noticed on other phones? Like I said, doing a restore didn't help. It's a relatively small problem that doesn't eclipse the phone's usefulness and fun factor, but it is a curiosity.
    01-08-2011 02:31 PM
    Uh. I think your splitting hairs. This is something I wouldn't bother with. I would just enjoy the phone and forget about the 99% anomaly. But that is just me.
    01-08-2011 03:07 PM
    I mean, I have. I just turn it off and back on and go about my day.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had it happen.
    01-08-2011 03:30 PM
    It happens to me. I leave it plugged in overnight and when I wake up, it shows 100% and still charging. I unplug it and it charges and then goes to full charge in a few minutes. Odd. Been an issue for me on the 3Gs and now the iPhone for since 3.0 or whichever was the first version that supported the indicator.
    01-08-2011 04:08 PM
    I have a feeling it has something to do with the actual charge in your battery stablising itself. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Do you do constant charging? Do you do a full cycle charge from zero for around 3.5 to 4.5 hours often or never at all?
    01-08-2011 10:28 PM
    About once a month is when I do a full cycle charge. Otherwise, I just plug it in when I go to sleep and unplug it when I get out of bed the next morning. Usually every night.
    01-09-2011 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD