I have a user at work with an iPhone connecting to Exchange using Active Sync. Her last name ends with an but when she sends messages outside the office from her iPhone the is changes to an i. What gives? Any ideas?
    01-04-2011 11:49 AM
    49 looks and no replies......
    01-04-2011 04:56 PM
    I'd say the solution is not to hire people with strange names. Just fire her and replace her with someone else. But if you hired her for her looks, well her name isn't important anyways. Tell her to just use her first name.
    01-04-2011 05:10 PM
    I'd say the solution is not to hire people with strange names. Just fire her and replace her with someone else. But if you hired her for her looks, well her name isn't important anyways. Tell her to just use her first name.
    Can't fire her. She is my boss.
    01-04-2011 05:35 PM
    It is an Exchange problem. It is because of how Exchange handles ASCII characters. There is a hotfix available but it's not very stable and caused me a hell of a lot of problems with hyphens and question marks. All I can recommend is using just an 'e' on the iPhone until MS sort it out
    01-04-2011 05:50 PM
    Thanks. Removed the accented e from her display name in AD and it is working. Told her accented e had to go.
    01-04-2011 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD